Yellow Socialism is an economically centre-left, authoritarian-leaning and culturally right-leaning (later Reactionary) ideology created by French politician Pierre Biétry as a reaction to "red socialism" which was growing prominent in Europe during the late 19th century. This form of socialism is characterized by unions working with groups of businesses, with workers having a greater profit through negotiations between unions and business groups, all of which would operate under a strong authoritarian government.
Pierre Biétry left the French Workers' Party in 1900, believing that socialism had failed in improving workers' conditions. He created yellow socialism and founded the National Federation of Yellows of France (FNJF), advocating for cooperation between unions and businesses. Over time, Biétry adopted racism and anti-semitic tendencies into the party, affiliating it with French reactionaries. The party slowly dismantled after its last meeting in 1909, and Biétry died in 1918.
Followers of Marx adopted the "yellow socialist" label to describe socialists who they thought were supporting the ruling class. This included ideologies known in the modern day as Social Democracy or Democratic Socialism. Because of its misuse, the term has been confused with very different ideologies and was ultimately abandoned after World War I.
The main belief of Yellow Socialism is that the working class (the proletariat) should co-operate and negotiate with the owning class (the bourgeoisie) instead of overthrow them, like Marxism advocates. This would be done through the Union system.
Yellow Socialism as advocated by Bietry advocated for a strong state to reside over Worker-Owner relationships and help to make the situation as best as possible for both sides.
Bietry also later incorporated elements of Nationalism and Reactionarism into his philosophy.
How to Draw
YellowSoc's design is based of this flag by Comrade Maxwell.
- Draw a ball,
- Fill it yellow,
- In black, draw two olive branches crossed together,
- Within the olive branches, draw a black factory,
- Above the factory, draw a black star,
- Draw the eyes, and you're done!
|Yellow||#FFD800||255, 216, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
Since Yellow Socialism is the result of Socialism and Capitalism, two opposites that tend to hate each other, he has a hard time finding many friends.
- National Syndicalism - Syndicalism and Nationalism, what can I say except based?
- Right-Wing Populism - Damn immigrants stealing our jobs!
- National Conservatism - I like your style.
- Nationalism - A little bit of Nationalism is always good.
- Syndicalism - Syndicates should be the backbone of the workers.
- Capitalist Communism - He's a good friend of mine.
- Corporatism - So close to perfection!
- National Liberalism - I like your trade union in Czechoslovakia, also, good immigration policy.
- Gaullism - I'm glad that we're compatriots.
- Social Corporatism - You have done a great job in Europe!
- Welfare Chauvinism - You're also doing a pretty decent job!
- National Democracy - Polish NatCon.
- Venizelism - Greek patriot.
- Reactionary Liberalism & Reactionary Socialism - A bit extreme, but you have very good ideas.
- Capitalism - I have a love-hate relationship with you.
- Red Socialism - We fought together in the unions, but you're not quite all there.
- Dengism - Would be based if your unions actually did anything.
- Castroism - Yeah, end the embargo now and let businessmen do their job!
- Guild Socialism - He's pretty cool but his business model is very old fashioned.
- Nordic Model - You seem to have economics similar to mine but refuse to call yourself Socialist.
- Reactionarism - Maybe...?
- National Socialism - Calm down, buddy.
- Strasserism - Better than the other guy, but still, calm down a bit.
- Marxism - Always obsessed with killing people!
- Social Democracy - Your slowness has failed to improve upon the worker's conditions.
- Neoliberalism - Mass immigration steals our workers jobs!
- Libertarianism - You're one of the only people who also believes that I'm Socialist, but you say it like it's a bad thing!
- Marxist Feminism - My Socialism is real, woman!
- Le Socialisme Et les Jaunes (In French) by Pierre Bietry
- Yellow Socialism vs. Democracy
- Yellow Socialism vs. Fascism
- Yellow Socialism vs. Capitalism
- Yellow Socialism vs. Communism
- Yellow socialism
- Pierre Biétry
- Paul Lanoir
- Yellow union
- Fédération nationale des Jaunes de France
- Národní sdružení odborových organizací
Credit: u/Borisyukishvili, Source