Democratism redirects here. For the ideology that advocates for a political system based on voting, see Democracy
Syncretic Liberalism also known as Big Tent Liberalism is a political ideology that seeks to incorporate elements of various types of liberalism to accommodate a common goal.
ANO 2011 (YES 2011 in Czech) is a Czech populist political party founded in 2011 by Andrej Babiš, owner of the Agrofert company. The goals of the party were to fight corruption and other discontents in political life. In general, the party does not adhere to any specific ideology but uses public dissatisfaction with the series of political scandals in the Czech Republic.
The party advocates, in particular, for the abolition of parliamentary immunity, reduction of taxes for entrepreneurs, reduction of electricity tariffs, and assistance in the employment of people of pre-retirement age and the disabled. The party also seeks to clean the police, prosecutors and state oversight bodies of political figures and intends to double the funding for science.
The Indian National Congress is a big-tent party that many consider responsible for the foundation of modern India. It was first founded in 1885 with the intention of peacefully obtaining independence from the British Empire. After India obtained independence in 1947, INC held power uninterrupted until 1977. Compared to most syncretic liberal parties, INC is more left-leaning, with it including democratic socialists, social authoritarians (historically), social liberals and social democrats, with its' rightmost members being close to Third Way. While INC is a broad party, several values remained consistent throughout its history to the modern day, such as civic nationalism, separation of church and state, a welfarist economy and an independent foreign policy, with Nehru-era India being one of the founders of the non-aligned movement.
Big Tent Liberalism in the United States is found in the modern Democratic Party.
The early version of the Democratic party spun off from the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, which split over the choice of who would succeed president James Monroe. The Democratic Party was founded by Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren, both of whom supported Jeffersonian principles. Its original rival, the American System, went bust over the issue of slavery in the 1850s. In 1854, anti-slavery Democrats left the party and joined with some anti-slavery Whigs to form their fiercest rival, the Republicans.
Up to this point, Democrats supported state sovereignty and slavery, while opposing banks. Following the Civil War, that all changed when Franklin D. Roosevelt, elected into the presidency in 1932, came forth with a wealth of government programs called the New Deal. New Deal liberalism meant the regulation of business and the promotion of labour unions, as well as federal spending to aid the unemployed, help distressed farmers and undertake large-scale public works projects. The opponents to the new deal started calling themselves " Conservatives".
Until the 1980s, the Democrats were divided between two factions: liberals in the North, and conservatives in the South. After Roosevelt's death, these already quite opposing groups grew even more polarized. This eventually led to most conservatives jumping ship to the Republican Party, thanks in part to the Southern strategy, a republican electoral strategy to increase their white voter base by promoting conservative ideas such as hawkish defence policy and adherence to traditional values.
In modern times, the Democratic Party remains with social liberalism/ Third Way, with some more leftist factions within it. Their most recent victory was the election of Joe Biden, former Vice President of the United States in 2020.
Syncretic Liberalism is always seen under a tent, which follows him around wherever he goes. The tent does not need support to stand up and can be as big as SyncLib wants it to be. Inside the tent, there are many amenities for the ideologies within it, like food and bathrooms.
How to Draw
Drawing SyncLib is quite simple:
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with Payne's grey.
- Draw a white liberalism symbol (a circle and 5 white lines going through to about halfway, all coming from the bottom left of the circle, the same color as the ball's body).
- Add eyes and color them light cyan.
- Draw a tent outline with phthalo blue, first drawing the top of the tent and then the bottom.
- Color the top of the tent with Saint Patrick blue.
- Color the inside of the tent Oxford blue.
|Payne's Grey||#404040||64, 64, 64|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Light Cyan||#CDFFFF||205, 255, 255|
|Phthalo Blue||#00137F||0, 19, 127|
|Saint Patrick blue||#24317C||36, 49, 124|
|Oxford blue||#12183D||18, 24, 61|
- Third Way - Fellow liberal who loves to compromise on issues.
- Social Liberalism - The main faction of the Democratic party now.
- Radical Centrism - Ah, I feel like I'm looking in a mirror.
- Technoliberalism - My best pal!
- Neoliberalism - The key for peace, prosperity and progress!
- Ordo-Liberalism - Old version of above.
- Liberal Conservatism - A little conservative, can be a viable strategy (you are pushing it though).
- Conservative Liberalism - Like above but more problematic.
- Classical Liberalism - The oldest member of our dynasty, be less right-wing and more pro-compromise with the rest of your family.
- National Liberalism - I don't know you seem to be a bit bigoted, but DPP and Ciudadanos are pretty cool.
- Dead Centrism - I like moderatism, but you take it too far, which defeats the point of moderatism. Also, we should incorporate ideas from both sides, not just go directly between all of them.
- Left-Wing Populism - We have a lot of you among us but when I look at you, I am a bit skeptic.
Time to oust you! Also, how can you make me left-wing?
- Paleoconservatism - Keeps saying big tents are bad, I don't like it, he's mean!
- American Republicanism - My main rival in the land of the free. We both fight for votes against each other.
- Spencerism - We denounce your extremism and bigotry.
But thanks for voting for me.
- Hindutva - Stop trying to undo my modernization efforts.
- Trumpism - We won fair and square. Deal with it!
- Fourth Theory - We need to unite ALL liberals to defeat him!
- Anti-Centrism - Wait, what are you doing- NONONO NOT MY PRECIOUS TENT!!!
- Reactionary Liberalism - Leave us alone bigot!!!!!!!!
- Alt-Lite - Same for you hijacker!!!
- Neo-Ottomanism & İttihadism - Yes, I recognized the Armenian Genocide. What about it?
- Democratic Party
- ANO 2011
- La République En Marche!
- United for Hungary
- Civic Coaliton
- Taiwan People's Party
- Democratic Alliance
- Indian National Congress
- Liberal Party
- ↑ The DA is the political descendant of the Smuts-era United Party and its various splinter groups
- ↑ How many Democrats are pro-life? Notable Pro-Life Democrats include Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey Jr. and Texas Representative Henry Cuellar
- ↑ #
- ↑ https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-hant/新三民主義