Not to be confused with Laicism
"In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence." -
State Atheism is an ideology that advocates for a godless society for all of its citizens. State atheists tend to believe that religion in society should be immensely discouraged, and will suppress all religions by any means necessary. While atheism on its own simply means no belief in any religious deities (with there being various atheist-leaning religions such as Buddhism), state atheism takes on a more overtly anti-theist approach.
State atheism is the incorporation of positive atheism into political regimes. It often refers to large-scale secularization attempts by governments. It is a form of religion-state relationship that is usually ideologically linked to irreligion and the promotion of irreligion to some extent. State atheism may refer to a government's promotion of anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institution power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of their citizens.
State atheism has its historical roots in being practiced by Marxist-Leninist countries, religion is considered the "opium of the masses" that must be fought against. Many of these countries put significant restrictions on religious freedom or banned them outright entirely and actively persecuted their followers.
- League of militant atheists: WIP
- Anti-clerical campaigns: WIP
Personality and Behaviour
State Atheism acts like a typical "Reddit atheist". They love wearing a fedora and browsing r/Atheism. They think "sky daddy" jokes are the pinnacle of comedy, and think all religious people are ignorant and/or brainwashed. They also think that religion was invented by someone who was scared of dying. Despite their harsh attitude towards religion, they know almost nothing on the topic, and refuses to even entertain the idea that theists might be correct. They like to correct people when they say phrases like "God bless you", and talk about how much they loves science despite not knowing much about it. They often get into arguments with Progressivism, due to their disdain for non-Christian religions like Islam and Judaism. They also love reading Richard Dawkins and Carl Sagan.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with blue.
- Draw a red atheism symbol in the middle.
- Add the eyes, and you're done.
- (Optional) Add a fedora.
|Blue||#486DA0||72, 109, 160|
|Red||#EF1C26||239, 28, 38|
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Based! Show those religious fuckers what they deserve!
Pls ignore my shrine to Richard Dawkins.
- State Liberalism - Scary, crazy, but efficient.
- Dengism - Fully supports me. The only thing I dislike about him is the fact that with some religions like for example him, he is soft but not too much, I can ignore it.
- Juche - On my side, though I'm not sure you seem to like Korean Paganism.
And why do you like to LARP as a god all the time?
- Hoxhaism - Definitely my favorite ML. The way you dealt with those religious nutjobs was based af!
- Marxism–Leninism - Most countries utilizing this particular system are state atheist. Based!
- Maoism - Atheist, totalitarian and exterminating religious individuals? Perfect!
Though you did kinda scare me a little tbh.
- Stalinism - You were so based and you nearly completely destroyed the institutions of the Russian Orthodox Church! However, you shouldn't have stopped suppressing religion totally later in your rule.
- Khrushchevism - Continued opressing religion after he stopped. Based!
- Garridismo - Keep shooting at Catholics.
- National Communism - Jaruzelski, Kania, Ceaușescu, Husák. All get my respect.
- Pekerism - One of the only fascists I like as he sharply criticized Islam and instituted anti-religious laws under the Inonu administration!
- Liberal Hawkism - a bit soft but Dawkins and Hitchens are great.
- Kraterocracy - Kratos is so awesomeeeeeee.
- Laicism - Imagine not sending religious people to death camps.
- Technocracy & Scientocracy - I fucking love science!
Please ignore that I don't know much about it and that some scientists were religious.
- Jacobinism - I couldn't thank you enough for setting the stage for people like me, but what is this "Cult of the Supreme Being" bullshit?
- Satanic Theocracy - You insist that you hate religion, yet you still worship Satan. Curious.
- Titoism - Nice atheism and authoritarianism, but you were a little too soft on religion compared to your based brothers.
- Anarcho-Syndicalism - Likes burning churches, but doesn't want a state to enforce atheism.
- Esoteric Fascism - He hates most mainstream religions and is very authoritarian, but he's still religious.
- Esoteric Socialism - You're not fooling me, EsoFash. Take off that makeup, and leave me alone.
- Anarcho-Communism - No gods, no masters? You nearly got me. No gods, only masters, that is.
- Atheistic Satanism - We both hate those christcucks as well, but don't you think you should be fighting for the abolition of religion and not for religious freedom? Not to mention you kinda come off as a pretty big edgelord
even by my standards.
- Anarcho-Egoism - Yes, Gods are nothing but spooks created by religious fools deluding themselves... wait, what do you mean the state and secular humanism are spooks too?
- Carl Benjamin Thought - I like your criticism of Islam and religious fundamentalism, but you become a cultural christian to my disgrace.
- Spencerism - Same as above but a Neo-Nazi, which is definitely a lot more questionable to put it mildly.
- First Worldism - Same as above but zoomer.
- Humanism - I really like him, but for some reason he doesn't wanna associate with me and often says I'm "not much better than a theocrat" as if that makes any sense.
- Posadism - On one hand I'm wishing for you to succeed, with bombing down all holy cities and faith-cucks, but on the other hand, your views are a borderline UFO death cult.
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Keep burning those churches! But why you oppose the state, progress and humanity?
- Soulism - No, I don't believe in your pseudoscientific new agey woo, but I admire and support your Sci-Fi variant.
- Objectivism - Good philosophy but still too soft.
- South Park Republicanism - I do really love South Park, but cut it out with that "duh I don't like religion but are you saying we just exist for no reason?" bullshit.
- Manosphere - Yes feminism is like a secular religion where women are light beings and men evil demons who want to oppress them, some of you are pretty based (Turdflinkinmonkey, Adam no eve, Podnebesny etc...) but others are religious boomers pseudophilosophers (Tate, Matt Walsh, Roosh V etc...).
- Secularism - Letting religious people assume political positions is just a theocracy in disguise.
- Christian Democracy - I would abolish democracy just to kick you out.
- Christian Theocracy - On my 10th birthday, my grandma gave me a Bible. On my 20th birthday, I gave it back to her in two pieces.
- Religious Nationalism - Nations doesn't need faith.
- Cultism - All Religions are THIS!!!
Ignore my Dawkins worship and state-run secular cults.
- Christian Hive-Mind Collectivism - What Christians really want.
- Reactionary Socialism - I thought socialists were supposed to be cool. You're the worst one so far!
- Distributism - Aren't you just the same guy above?
- Islamic Theocracy - Hates me more than the ones above. And thanks to what his insane children did, now I can't call him out without being called racist
(which granted I kinda was in regards to the Jews, but let's just forget about that ok?).
- Pagan Theocracy & Hindu Theocracy - Believing in more than one sky daddy? These are some real schizos over here! Off to the gulag you go!
- Progressivism - Secularism not under state control? Piss off! Why can't you be more like your cool-ass brother?
- Religious Progressivism - "YOu CAn StILl hAvE faITh in GoD WHILE reSPeCTIng GAy peOple" don't care didn't ask now get in the gulag.
- Civil Libertarianism & Anti-Authoritarianism - "b-bUt WorSHipIng a SkY DAdDy Is fREeDOm Of eXpReSsioN!1!!" yeah ok shut up losers.
- Theocracies - Rule by god is the cringiest thing ever.
- Odalism - You hate most religions, yet you still worship things? Off to the gulag you go!
- Jihadism - See? This is what religion leads to.
- Islamic Anarchism - Oh look, it's stateless jihad!
- Silver Legionism - Religion is often used to justify racism, why should I be surprised?
- Black Islamism - Regular religious racism is bad enough, but making your entire bullshit theology around it? Lmfao.
- Clerical Fascism - Average Christian.
- Crusadism - Dying Fetus is much better than Sabaton! 
- Any theocratic monarchs - NO GOD! NO KING! ONLY HUMANS!!!
- Religious Anarchism - "Only Gods, No Masters”? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
- Pragerism - "oF cOuRsE iT's A wAr oN cHrIsTmAs!" Lmao shut up. *blowtorches Christmas trees* What are you gonna do now, Christmas warrior? Cry about me being hurtful?
- Reactionary Liberalism - I'm already not the biggest fan of liberals, but I at least expect them to be consistent with it.
- Gift Economy - It's SCIENCEMAS!!! Get it through your head before I gulag you next!
- Kakistocracy - Average Theocracies
- State atheism
- Religion in the People's Socialist Republic of Albania
- Dechristianization of France during the French Revolution
- Calles Law
- New Atheism
- r/justneckbeardthings (Subredddit to mock neckbeards)
- ↑ Religious antisemitism that was practised in countries that enforced anti-clericalism implies that people who followed the religion of Judaism would stop being punished if they dropped their beliefs regardless of their ethnic origin. In practice, this wasn't the case, and a lot of people were persecuted for purely their ethnic origin.
- ↑ A Reference to how Dying Fetus wrote many scathing anti-religious songs like the infamous "Praise the Lord (Opium of the Masses)" in comparison to how Sabaton's "The Last Stand" is sometimes (misguidedly) used by Christians as a song about The Crusades.
Credit: u/duy_physics, Source