Not to be confused with Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism.
Social Libertarianism, clipped to SocBert, is a civically libertarian, economically variable (ranges from Centre-Left to Centre-Right) ideology that leans culturally left. He advocates for a robust decentralized government and social welfare. SocBert believes that both negative liberty (i.e. freedom to do stuff) and positive liberty (i.e. freedom from forces such as poverty, bad health, pollution) are equally important and therefore libertarian ideology should be reformed to view liberty & justice as being free from all forms of domination instead of only freedom from the state. Socbert tends to agree with libertarianism on most issues, but disagrees on economics and welfare, believing that a welfare state (ideally a UBI or NIT) and some forms of regulation are needed to guarantee positive liberties. Social Libertarians either support regular social democratic economic polices ( Libertarian Social Democracy) or social capitalism ( Yangism), depending on which variant.
Yangism is a economically centre to centre-right, culturally left-wing and civically libertarian-leaning ideology, based off the views of former Democratic Party candidate and Forward Party founder Andrew Yang.
- Human-Centred Capitalism is a reformed version of Capitalism which is geared towards maximising human well-being and fulfillment, instead of corporate profits. It also would replace several traditional economic metrics with an "American Scorecard".
- Yang is well-known for his advocacy for Universal Basic Income (UBI). His most famous policy is Freedom Dividend, a $1,000-per-month UBI that is given to all US citizens aged 18 or older regardless of employment status, to help fight off job displacement from automation.
Libertarian Social Democracy is a economically centre-left and civically libertarian ideology. It is considered a more moderate form of left-libertarianism. It supports basic social democratic principals and policies but with an added focus on civil liberties and is opposed to rampant statism outside of the economy. They also tend to support Direct Democracy and Non-Interventionist foreign policy. Notable examples of Libertarian Socdems include late former Alaska senator Mike Gravel, left-wing political commentator and youtuber Kyle Kulinski and former Democratic presidential candidate, author and activist Marianne Williamson.
The SocBert ball is a very altruistic, happy, energetic, and pro-freedom ball. Although he likes a lot of people, not that many people like him back. He's too much of a "Socialist" for libertarians, so he's called a "fake libertarian" by LibRights. On the other hand, he's also called a "Libertarian Trojan Horse" by socialists. Usually, he hangs out with his mom Social Democracy, his half-sister Social Georgism and his dad Libertarianism every other weekend. His best friend is probably Nordic Model or Social Liberalism.
How to Draw
- Draw a circle
- Fill it with yellow
- Draw a rose (It can be hard, If you can't pull it off use a simpler design)
- Draw eyes, and you're done!
|Yellow||#F5DD02||245, 221, 2|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Social Capitalism - My economic systems depending on supporters.
- Welfarism - Based humanitarianism!
- Nordic Model & Social Liberalism - A slightly more moderate version of myself.
- Georgism - LVT is probably one of the best ways to fund UBI.
- Social Georgism - We have a lot in common, other than minor disagreements over policy priorities.
- Technoliberalism - YANG GANG!
- Steiner-Vallentyne-School - Based.
- Civil Libertarianism - Literally me, but without UBI.
- Distributism - Me but Christian, statist and traditionalist.
- Liberalism - Civil liberties, democracy, progress and a free market are all mega based! But maybe a tiny bit more social justice?
- Progressivism - Progression of civic rights of the individual is necessary for a truly libertarian society, and nearly all my supporters are culturally left!
But why do you hate Yang so much?
- Libertarian Market Socialism - Surely the best socialist. We have some things in common, even if you take things a few steps further.
- Direct Democracy - A more pure form of democracy where the public is given more power? BASED!
- Social Democracy - Like the social programs and the intentions behind them, but not the bureaucracy and centralized government.
- Bleeding-Heart Libertarianism - Agree on cultural and civic issues. But can you be less economically right-wing?
- Liberaltarianism - Same as above.
- Libertarianism - I love you dad, but complete government non-involvement? Agree to disagree.
- Chicagoan Libertarianism - Similar to above, but UBI is based!
- Libertarian Socialism - You are one of the best socialists, no doubt, but I still think you are too radical.
- Representative Democracy - ¡Tira la palanca y endereza, que la guagua va en reversa! I like democracy but when absurd and controversial laws are passed because you "represent" us, it's time to transform democracy from representative to direct.
- Classical Liberalism - I aim to carry on your legacy, but laissez-faire is quite harmful to consumers and small businesses.
- Third Way - I can't argue with centrist economics, but you've also picked up some of the worst of neoliberalism.
- Geolibertarianism - Whilst Georgism and liberty is all well and good, you won't be able to ensure egalitarianism without welfare and regulation.
- Tridemism - While I don't like your authoritarian and nationalist tendencies, Social Georgism is based. Also, FREE TAIWAN!
- Ordo-Liberalism - Social Capitalism is kinda based. But please try to lose some state weight.
- Social Corporatism - The welfare is great and all but you're still too authoritarian for my taste.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - You're just like Social Democracy but a little more statist and culturally right, takes all sorts to make an economy I suppose.
- Democratic Party - I might've left you to become independent and form the Forward Party, but we're still friends, right?
- White Nationalism - David Duke is a good friend of Tulsi Gabbard, and Richard Spencer endorsed Andrew Yang, but you're racist.
- Geosyndicalism - I'm mixed on socialism and you're too radical, but Georgism and liberty are alright with me.
- Socialism - Because of you, I get called socialist all the time.
- Anarchism and her family - Takes things way too far.
- Welfare Chauvinism - I don't care if you support welfare, you're just too racy.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Negative liberty without positive liberty is tyranny by another name.
- National Bolshevism - Not that gang!!!!
- Dengism - Yang isn't a Chinese spy!!!
- Authoritarianism - Would you please stop your Draconian actions?
- Ochlocracy - Too many crooks spoil the democratic system!
- National Socialism - With a UBI in place, you would have stayed an artist and your crimes against humanity wouldn't have happened. Take that, racist!
- Geo-Fascism - Fascist Georgism? This is insanity!
- Hive-Mind-Collectivism - Without free will, love becomes indifference and identity turns into slavery.
- The War on Normal People - Audiobook by Andrew Yang
- An in-depth breakdown of Andrew Yang's Freedom Dividend by Scott Santens
- Agrarian Justice by Thomas Paine
- Progress and Poverty by Henry George
- Social Problems by Henry George
- Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Andrew Yang
- Tulsi Gabbard
- Mike Gravel
- Kyle Kulinski
- Joe Rogan
- Marianne Williamson
- Social Libertarianism Discord
- Wacky ideologies 37 Social Libertarianism by Knights of the alternate histories