Social Georgism is an economically centre-left to left-wing, culturally left ideology combining the Georgist idea of a land value tax, (often as the primary source of public revenue), with the desire for a sustainable and highly developed welfare state, or sometimes a full on socialist economy.
Social Georgism is in essence a variant of Georgism which broadly covers most of the left wing of said movement, though primarily centre-left, closely linked to Social Democracy. Any Georgists considering themselves left wing could potentially add the "Social" prefix, even though some of the rather specific ones have their own more or less fleshed out definitions, namely Geosyndicalism.
Georgism itself could be considered quite "social", however, the movement has always had a divide between strongly libertarian types and more statist labour activists. Social Georgism would tend to attract the latter kind; generally, though not always, people favouring using the taxes collected through LVT to fund welfare provided by the state rather than a citizen's dividend.
Very early on, Social Georgism got a child with Civic Nationalism in China, called Tridemism, and they in turn almost succeeded in realising their shared ideals before they were thwarted by Maoism.
SocGeo often attempts to compromise between different ideas, trying to reason with both left and right in an attempt to defend and advocate for the idea of a mixed economy while socializing the land values, to strengthen both the society, free enterprise, and the return to labor.
She's also strongly opposed to privatisation of vital public infrastructure and unregulated exploitation of natural resources.
Depending what mood she's is in, she can draw varying degrees of inspiration from her parent Social Democracy and their other relatives on that side of the family.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with red.
- Draw a green rose in the bottom.
- Cut it in half and fill the top/left with gold.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Red||#E10600||225, 6, 0|
|Green||#00FF00||0, 255, 0|
|Gold||#FFFF00||255, 255, 0|
- Social Democracy - I'm really happy about the welfare state you created! ^^
- Georgism - ...and you came up with the best way to fund our public expenses!
- Tridemism - Your second and third principles are great, my child!
- Geosyndicalism - Best buddy. Even more into (tenant) unions than I am!
- Environmentalism - Yes, we need a sustainable society!
- Democratic Socialism - We both love Jeremy Corbyn and nationalizing land/natural resources.
- Social Libertarianism - We're fairly similar, if only you took the LVT pill.
- Social Liberalism - Honestly, I might be able to work with this.
- Nordic Model - Denmark's LVT is pretty based.
- Steiner-Vallentyne School - Me but Libertarian. Based!
- Marxism - If only they had acknowledged that economic rent was the most important thing to socialize...
- Neoliberalism - They're not as bad as I like to paint them before elections, but they really should take off those silly sunglasses and have some more equitable economical ideas.
- Geolibertarianism - Doesn't like my model of the state, but at least we agree about a tax shift, right?
- Geoanarchism - Wow, really doesn't like my model of the state. But you are still a fellow georgist, and some of you're variants are economically left wing, so I can't entirely hate you.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Rent-seeker...
- Marxism–Leninism - Please, no more tanks!
- Maoism - Please calm down.
- Conservatism - Lackey of the rich!
- Earth Sharing.org
- "Land Value Taxation: from proposition to practical policy" by Mark Drakeford