Salazarism is an authoritarian, culturally right-wing and economically right wing ideology with a strong emphasis in Imperialism and Catholicism that was the sole ruling ideology of the Estado Novo, aka 2nd Portuguese Republic, a traditonalist corporatist dictatorship that ruled the country of Portugal and its imperial colonies from 1933 until the carnation revolution of 1974.
Despite several similarities,Salazarism refuses to associate with fascism as he deems him to be a godless heathen, and absolutely loathes National Socialism, especially the esoteric variety as he deems it to be nothing more than "Pagan Caesarism". He is however very good friends with his fellow Iberian catholic Franco.
The National Union ideology was corporatism, and it took as many inspirations from Catholic encyclicals such as Rerum novarum and Quadragesimo anno as well as from Mussolini's corporate state. Compared to other ruling Fascist parties, the National Union played a much smaller role in its regime. The National Union was set up to control and restrain public opinion rather than to mobilize it, and ministers, diplomats and civil servants were never compelled to join the party.
Integralismo Lusitano was a Portuguese integralist political movement founded in Coimbra in 1914 that advocated traditionalism but not conservatism. It was against parliamentarism but favoured decentralization, national syndicalism, the Roman Catholic Church and the monarchy.
Pluricontinentalism was a geopolitical concept, positing that Portugal was a transcontinental country and a unitary nation-state consisting of continental Portugal and its overseas provinces. With origins as early as the 14th century, pluricontinentalism gained official state sponsorship in the Estado Novo regime.
Lusotropicalism was first used by Brazilian sociologist Gilberto Freyre to describe the distinctive character of Portuguese imperialism overseas, proposing that the Portuguese were better colonizers than other European nations.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with blue
- Add a white square to the middle
- Draw 5 blue shields in a cross formation inside the square
- Draw 5 balls inside each shield in a cross formation
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Blue||#003399||0, 51, 153|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Integralism - The greatest influence of my ideology.
- Imperialism - HERÓIS DO MAR, NOBRE POVO, NAÇÃO VALENTE E IMORTAL!
- Catholic Theocracy - The pope's word shall be law!
- Francoism - Nuestro hermano.
- Neoconservatism - Oi thanks for letting me join NATO, fellow commie hater.
- Corporatism - The only system worthwhile in this planet.
- Austrofascism - Austrian counterpart and great inspiration.
- Brazilian Integralism - My zuca brother.
- Zionism - I helped you escape National Socialism but that doesn't mean I will recognize your invasion of the holy land.
- Fascism - Look you have tons of great ideas but you're also batshit crazy so no thanks.
- Hayekism - Thanks for your advices but liberalism is a sin.
- Reactionary Liberalism - That Ventura is kinda based.
- National Syndicalism - You're just National Communism.
- National Socialism - Begone godless Caesarist.
- Esoteric Fascism - You're even worse somehow.
- Marxism–Leninism - To Tarrafal with you.
- Anarcho-Syndicalism - Haha unions go byebye.
- Social Democracy - I will never forgive you for what you've done to Portugal!
- African Socialism - ANGOLA É NOSSA!
- Castroism - Stop giving those african rebels weapons you godless heretic!
- Antonio de Oliveira Salazar
- National Union (Portugal)
- Estado Novo (Portugal)
- Corporative Chamber
- Portuguese Constitution of 1933
Credit: Based And Jedpilled