Religious Rejectionism, or RR for short, is an ideology and the bastard child of Apoliticism from his college days, who was abandoned by his mother and adopted by a monastery. The son and father are extremely similar, as neither hold a political belief, though at least DoubleR has the excuse that he does not partake in politics because he believes it interferes with his religious practices.
There is multiple religious reasons as to why one might reject the involvement in politics, especially democratic politics:
- The belief that the religious identity of a person should be their most important identity. As such focusing on secular politics is to go against your religion.
- The belief that sovereignty is ordained by divine right, and as such to mess with sovereignty is to mess with the divine.
- The rejection of legitimacy of the state one lives in based on religious reasons, therefore rejecting the politics of that state.
- The belief that secular politics is a distraction from religious activities and that they should not get involved.
There are some faiths that specifically reject participation in politics, including:
- Jehovah's witnesses
- Baha'i Faith
- Old Order Amish
- Hellenism (who reject participation in politics which are deemed "not democratic" enough)
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Draw an outline of a castle tower from bottom to centre
- Draw the eyes
- Religious Rejection of Politics by Wikipedia
- The Radical Rejection of Politics: as a means of achieving God's redemptive work by Ian B. Johnson
Credit: u/Hasm_, Source