Reactionary Socialism is a leftist, reactionary ideology that resides in the upper left half of the political compass. It is very close to Agrarian Socialism, Guild Socialism, and Distributism in policy, but is radically more traditionalist. Generally very decentralist.
In the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, Reactionary Socialism was referred to as basically a form of socialism that sought to revert to feudalism, or a Clerical version of socialism. It generally sought to de-proletarianize the working class, redistribute land to the peasants, and generally return to a Medieval type economy instead of seeking total collectivism. Since then, it has been used pejoratively towards "bourgeoise" socialist systems, such as Social Democracy. Additionally, many monarchists who were opposed to capitalism called themselves socialist, even though they were feudalists. Previous spokespersons include some members of the sao paulo forum and latin american nationalists for example Albizu campos saw american imperialism as being tied to protestantism and the "yankee" mentality he advocated for socialism and a return to a conservative agrarian way of life. The modern spokespersons for it are Alexander Dugin, who sees socialism as the best way to enforce a traditional society, and Arthur Penty, who glorified the guild economy. Some have even referred to Strasserism as reactionary socialism, since Strasser wanted federalization, a guild economy, and agrarianism.
Reactionary Socialism is very religious (generally Catholic, can be Orthodox) and traditional, like his father. However, he gets an explosive temper from his mother, and can usually be seen telling the proletariat to revolt against the unnatural plight of capitalism. Can be depicted speaking in Middle English, holding a sword and sickle or a musket, or holding some sweet Victorian-era flags.
The beliefs of reactionary socialists can vary greatly. Generally, they want small-scale worker democracy (like distributism), an artisan economy, a return to ruralism and the agrarian lifestyle, a planned economy, a return to some traditional religion, and a Monarchist or autocratic government system. However, they generally hate centralism, instead preferring federalism and localism. Some see socialism as an end to itself (once it gets rid of materialism and egalitarianism), while some see it as a step towards reinstating feudalism. Can be very hostile toward technology.
How To Draw
Reactionary Socialism's design is based on the combination of the Jerusalem cross (a symbol used for reactionarism within Polcompball) on the red background (to symbolise socialism).
- Draw a ball.
- Color it in with red
- Draw a yellow/buff Jerusalem Cross (without the tiny crosses) inside a yellow/buff circle.
- Draw some eyes.
- (Optional) draw a cool hat, and/or cool victorian era weapons. You're all done!
|Red||#DA141E||218, 20, 30|
|Yellow||#FFE74C||255, 231, 76|
- Monarcho-Socialism - The best system for ruling the realm.
- Traditionalism - "Traditionalism is the most revolutionary ideal of our times", fully agree!
- Fourth Theory - My modern counterpart. Down with liberalism!
- Agrarian Socialism - Farmland distribution? Count me in!
- Conservative Socialism - Blessed, but why don't you like feudalism?
- Neoluddism - Hey, we both want to get rid of industry, we should get together more often.
- Feudalism - We shall delegate the means of production for the sake of the peasant.
- Pol Potism - This man gets me. Well, sort of. We can never agree about monarchy or feudalism.
He's too insane even for me
- Imperialism - Unlike most other socialists, I see nothing wrong with you.
- Populareism - An early version of me.
- Crusadism - Deus vult!
- Mladorossism - Tsarism and socialism? I love you.
- Monarcho-Distributism - Like distributism, but better.
- Gerontocracy - The wisdom of the elders shall be passed down from generation to generation.
- Catholic Theocracy - It goes without saying, BLESSED!
- Kritarchy - Any form of government from The Bible is BLESSED!
- Burmese Socialism - The most blessed non-Christian ideology.
- Strasserism - Socialist and traditionalist just like me. Wish you were more reactionary, though.
- Caste System - Add a little socialism to improve the lives of the lower castes and it's blessed!
- Ethnocacerism - Also a very blessed non-Christian socialist ideology. The Incan Empire was a great example of Bronze Age feudal socialism put into practice.
- Manosphere - Sexual Marxism sounds interesting...
- Christian Socialism - Religion and socialism? Blessed!
- Distributism - My more... moderate counterpart. Get more reactionary.
- Guild Socialism - Thou hath started out blessed, why did thou hath to start liking democracy so much?
- Korwinism - Get rid of the cursed capitalism and thou shall be blessed!
- National Bolshevism - Thou hath some good ideas but thou want central control rather than feudal delegation.
- Hydrarchy - Wanna go plunder the Spanish Armada?
What? They hired thou to attack us?
- Mercantilism - Conquering weaker nations and subjugating them is blessed, but monopoly corporations are not.
- Paternalistic Conservatism - Just become a bit more radical, and join me!
- Juche - Thou art pretty cool but why are thou so afraid to embrace thy monarchist nature?
- Hoppeanism - Blessed social views. Capitalism and anarchism are cursed, though.
- Enlightenment Thought - Thou hath some good ideas but getting rid of feudalism was cursed.
- Counter-Enlightenment - Thou also had some good ideas but please learn to embrace socialism.
- Kraterocracy - Blessed but does not seem to understand the value of helping the poor. We can be stronger and subjugate others more efficiently if we're unified. "Rule of the strong" should be large-scale.
- Odalism - Interesting guy, basically me if I were an anprim. Hath got a lot of good ideas but doesn't understand that the feudal age was our high point and the Age of Discovery proves that.
Wait, thou art a disgusting pagan?
- Protestant Theocracy - Thou split the church up and went against the Pope, but I forgive thou for that, it is the Christian thing to do, and thou art a good Christian man just as I am. I'm still keeping my eye on thou, though.
- Fabian Socialism - Kinda blessed, but why get rid of the poor when they can be used to work to enrich the realm?
- Reactionary Liberalism - Blessed but champions the very economic system responsible for bringing the things into the world that we oppose. Maybe he'll see that socialism and feudalism are the keys to what he wants.
- Hindu Theocracy - The caste system rocked! It's a shame it eventually failed though.
Wish we could implement something like that in modern-day Europe.
- State Oriental Orthodoxy - Christian theocracy, but too capitalist. Maybe if we conquered thou, civilized thou, introduced socialism, and made thou part of the Realm... (oh wait, socialism was introduced to thou, shame they were godless Marxists and not my variant)
- Marxism–Leninism - Most of thy adherents are queerly progressives who think feudalism and monarchism are bad!
- Maoism - Wait, there's more of them?
- Dengism - WTF?! At least the other two are socialists.
- Marxism - Leave it to a heathen to come up with a form of socialism that they pervert into something awful.
I also hate thou for making a mockery out of me. Now nobody takes me seriously anymore thanks to thou.
- Anarchism - Thou make me want to blaspheme, thou absolute heathen scum!
- Capitalism - Ew. Do I have to say more?
- Anarcho-Capitalism - The worst of both worlds.
- Pinochetism - Thou art dropping the wrong people out of helicopters. And thou art a capitalist.
- Alt-Right - Thou art like a neutered Nazi, fearful and timid. Cowardly scoundrels, the lot of thou!
- Alt-Lite - Thou art an even bigger coward than thy friend. Thou art fearful of thy own shadow.
- Jacobinism - I absolutely abhor thou (g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶c̶o̶n̶o̶m̶i̶c̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶)
- Progressivism - Progression is the absolute opposite of what socialism should bring about.
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Like the thing above but much worse. Begone, abomination!
- Pink Capitalism - Progression? Capitalism? Thou art the worst ideology that has ever existed.
- State Liberalism - Wait, I take that back. THOU art the worst ideology that has ever existed.
- Corporatocracy - Capitalist, degenerate, run by the godless, thy wicked ways make me want to blaspheme! Begone, a foul plague on western civilization!
- Kleptocracy - Art thou not just Corporatocracy again?
- Fordism - Thy soma good is the work of the devil!
But it makes me feel like heaven...
- Pagan Theocracy - BURN THE WITCH AT THE STAKE!
- Pacifist Feminism - BURN THE WITCH AT THE STAKE!
- Satanic Theocracy - BURN THE WITCH AT THE STAKE!
Noticing a pattern here?
- State Atheism - No, I'm not going to burn thou at the stake. I have special plans for heretics like thou.
- Esoteric Socialism - The Freemasons are a vile Satanic group, thou shall pay for defiling the good name of the honorable Knights Templar. A pox upon thou!
- Neoliberalism - Capitalists trying to push a failed ideology! Feudalism is human nature, thou fools!
- Islamic Theocracy - Barbarian hordes get destroyed, and the Holy Land belongs to the Catholic Church.
- Jihadism - Art thou not just Islamic Theocracy again?
- Islamic Democracy - Barbarians, democracy, thou art almost as bad as that thing.
- Islamic Anarchism - Anarchism? Barbarianism? Just pure wretched filth.
- Neoconservatism - Cuckservatives who hate socialism and tradition. The war on terror had the chance to be blessed, but thou corrupted the West's best opportunity at a crusade in centuries.
- Fully Automated Gay Space Communism - Satanic hedonistic robot sodomite. One of the worst ideologies imaginable. And we have him to thank for it. The very existence of this is blasphemy against all that is good and Godly.
- Esoteric Fascism - Heathen Paganism is disgusting.
- Left Communism - Lazy fool thou art.
- LGBT Conservatism - Yes, thou crapitalist cuckservative sodomite, I am the regressive left that wants to hang thou.
Credit: u/Internetfunnyman1000, Source
Credit: Based And Jedpilled
Credit: u/Borisyukishvili, Source
Old Drawing for Reactionary Socialism