Radical Democracy (RadDem) is a civically variable (mostly Libertarian) but always democratic, extremely culturally progressive, and economically variable (mostly Left Wing) ideology of the political compass. RadDem believes that the goal of democracy is to radically expand and extend all civil liberties. He also believes that democracy is a never-ending, perpetually unfinished process. It wants to pick up where the project of Liberal Representative Democracy left off, seeking to create more direct forms of political involvement that prioritize valuing disagreement and deliberation
As a distinct ideology Radical democracy was born in 1985 with the book "Hegemony and Socialist Strategy: Towards a Radical Democratic Politics". The system was always really close to post-marxism ,especially in its autonomist strand, and because of that it is used as a framework by some socialist movements across the world. It was adopted by both Neozapatismo and Democratic Confederalism with them being the only examples of the ideology in real life.
The most notorious strand of radical democracy is the Agonistic one which seeks to expand democracy in equality and liberty. Another important part of the ideology is the idea that by building democracy around difference and dissent, oppressive power relations existing in societies are able to come to the forefront so that they can be challenged.
The substance of the ideology resides in the precise actions of people coming together and deliberating on the best possible solution. This type of radical democracy is in contrast with the agonistic perspective based on consensus and communicative means: there is a reflexive critical process of coming to the best solution.
It differs from the other two variants in the exaltation of the group and in fact, it is associated with socialist theory. This strand of radical democracy challenges the traditional thinking about equality and freedom in liberal democracies by stating that individual equality can be found in the singularities within the multitude, equality overall is created by an inclusive multitude and freedom is created by restoring the multitude in its pure power.
Radical Democracy is very passionate about voting and will get angry if they see an apolitical ball. He can be often seen hanging out with Neo-Marxism and Post-Marxism
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with red
- Draw a large white circle inside and fill the inside in white
- Draw a dark gray circle inside the white circle and fill it with the same shade
- Add eyes and you're done
|Red||#D40303||212, 3, 3|
|Dark Gray||#202020||32, 32, 32|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Democracy - Dad!
- Radicalism - My main inspiration!
- Republicanism - Best system, although you are a bit too moderate for me.
- Democratic Socialism & Social Democracy - You guys like elections AND human rights? Based!
- Progressivism - Progress is essential for democracy.
- E-Democracy - While I personally think physical elections are better, I can definitely appreciate the enthusiasm for combining democracy with progress.
- Neozapatismo - I am one of your main inspirations.
- Democratic Confederalism - You too!
- Liberalism - Good principles, but they don't go far enough!
- Ochlocracy - You are going way too far.
- Constitutional Monarchism & Elective Monarchism - Supports elections, based. Is a monarchy, cringe.
- Demarchy & Mediocracy - I'm all for the average Joe ruling, but this is just stupid.
- Jacksonian Democracy - You increased the number of people that could vote in America, based!
(Although could you please chill with the racism?)
- Reactionary Liberalism - What... the fuck... are these?
- Anarchism - I'm all for human rights and the people ruling, but we need a state for elections!
- Autocracy - I will NEVER let you rule!
- Trumpism - You hated Rojava!
- Monarchism - They chose leaders who don't represent the people!
- Esoteric Fascism and Alt-Right - Anti-democratic reactionaries, and racists to boot!
- Bonapartism - TRAITOR!!!
- Authoritarianism - ″Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.″- Cornel West
- Authoritarian Democracy - You're not a democracy at all!
- Reactionarism - Cope harder monarchist.
- Totalitarianism - GET OUT OF MY FACE STATIST SCUM!
- Kleptocracy - Stop rigging elections you oligarchist scum!
- Absolute Monarchism - Time to reenact 1793.
- Ingsoc - Oh boy, where do I start...
- Stratocracy - STOP OVERTHROWING DEMOCRACIES YOU MILITARIST SCUM!
- Apoliticism - If you only stopped just grilling, and actually voted!
- Radical Apoliticism - We need candidates with different views! Also, start voting!
Credit: TheGhostOfInky's drawing