Positive Christianity, also known as Aryan Christianity, was a religious, far-right, and usually third-positionist movement inside the Weimar Republic and Third Reich that sought to combine Christian values with the Nazi Party. It believed in maintaining the ethnic and racial purity of the German people by mixing Nazi ideology with Christianity.
Politically, it had a goal of imposing a nazified form of Christianity with a Protestant theocracy controlled by the state. During World War II the main figure in the creation of Positive Christianity, Alfred Rosenburg, postulated a vision for the future of religion in Germany which included the expulsion of what he called "foreign Christian religions", the replacement of the Bible with Mein Kampf and the replacement of crosses with swastikas in new Nazified churches. Even during its time, it received criticism as being a dangerous "new religion" and members of it including Alfred Rosenburg have backed the neo-pagan German Faith Movement.
Positive Christianity's support most notably came from the German Christians, a pressure group in the German Evangelical Church existing from 1932 and 1945.
The German Christians movement traces its roots back to Adolf Hitler's seizure of control in the year 1933. During this period of time, the Evangelical Church of Germany experienced a growing amount of adherents being in favor of the new regime, as an alternative to the proclaimed atheist, Bolshevist threat lurking over the country. Under the motto "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer, eine Kirche!" ("one people, one realm, one leader, one church!"), the movement sought to transform the Evangelical Church into a "Reichskirche" that is ideologically further in line with Hitler's Nazi ideology. The German Christians advocated for racial purity, introduction of "Aryan paragraphs" (non-Aryans may not have been allowed to join certain ranks within the church), and the "de-judification" of Christianity, such as through elimination of the Old Testament and the Epistles of Paul.
Positive Christianity did not sit well with all evangelical Christians in Germany. Almost simultaneously to the German Christians' foundation, a vocal evangelical resistance group, called the "Pfarrernotbund" ("Emergency Alliance of Pastors"), emerged, which openly rejected Nazism, and sought to mitigate or prevent any sort of Nazi influence on the church.
This alliance would soon merge into the "Bekennende Kirche" ("Confessing Church"), which became the main antagonist against the German Christians. It viewed itself as the one true and righteous church, struggling against Nazi revisionism and racialism. It was due to this movement that the Nazi regime was, at last, unsuccessful in fully seizing control over the Evangelical Church.
Mostly similar to Nazism's personality (that is, very racist and anti-semitic), but subject to being called a hypocrite, due to the Jewish origins of the Bible. He constantly tries to deny these influences.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Color it red.
- Add white a circle in the middle.
- Using black, draw a Christian cross inside the circle.
- Draw a white circle where the part of the cross intersect, then put a swastika inside it.
- Draw a black "D" and "C" on the bottom left and right side of the cross respectively.
- Add the eyes.
|Red||#DE0000||222, 0, 0|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Silver Legionism - My BEST friend and the ONLY one that truly understands me! Fascism? White nationalism? Protestant Christianity? The occult? AWESOME!
- Clerical Fascism - Hmmm... 🤔 ...maybe?
- National Socialism - Father I gave you everything I put you into power, yet you denounced me then you denounced God.
- Protestant Theocracy - Father you never even gave me chance before you denounced me.
- Volkism - You need to be less open about your true visions.
- Reactionary Socialism - One of the few who doesn't hate me, but he wants me to become a socialist and embrace feudalism. Never gonna happen.
- Esoteric Fascism - Fascism is based, but Paganism sure ain't (a̶̶̶l̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶g̶̶̶h̶̶̶ ̶̶̶I̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶m̶̶̶ ̶̶̶p̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶t̶̶̶t̶̶̶y̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶e̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶i̶̶̶c̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶N̶̶̶G̶̶̶L̶̶̶!̶̶̶)
- Lutherian Theocracy - Why did you and the Confessing Church have to backstab me?! I'm the true Christian!
- All other form Christianity - You believe in Christ, but you twist his words you sick monsters you fake *+* Christians.
- Marxism-Leninism - Atheism and Communism? I think I’m gonna vomit…
- State Atheism - You shall never find salvation.
- Zionism - The Untermensch who killed the Messiah!