Populareism is a Authoritarian Left ideology that believes in the beliefs of the Populares faction which were a popular faction in the Roman Republic. He is very populist, loves farming, and gets killed a lot.
It all started in 133 BC with the Gracchi brothers. They were Populist tribune of the plebs who attempted to address economic distress and its military consequences. They implemented land reforms that reclaimed lands from wealthy land owners that could then be granted to soldiers; by restoring land to displaced peasants; by providing subsidized grain for the needy and by having the Republic pay for the clothing of its poorest soldiers. They were both assassinated, Tiberius Gracchus by being clubbed to death and Gaius Gracchus by suicide. Another time they held power was with Gaius Marius and his son Gaius Marius the Younger, when the Marians seized power and held Rome from 87 BC to 82 BC. They were defeated in Sulla's Second Civil War. Another time was with when Julius Caesar was elected as consul in 59 BC. Caesar managed to pass an agrarian law for a land reform, which had not been done since the agrarian law of Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus of 133 BC as all other attempts at agrarian legislation had been thwarted by the opposition, the Optimates. Then after the Caesar's Civil War, Caesar held power as dictator from 49 BC to when he was assassinated in 44 BC. Caesar relied on the support of the people for his power. After the defeat of Sextus Pompey in the Sicilian Revolt by the Second Triumvirate in 36 BC, the Populares ceased to be a relevant political label.
Populareism believes in the beliefs of the Populares faction which were land reforms which reclaimed lands from wealthy land owners that could then be granted to soldiers; by restoring land to displaced peasants; by providing subsidized grain for the needy and by having the Republic pay for the clothing of its poorest soldiers. They also believe that populism is the best way to implement policy and keep power. They were also expansionist as they wanted to expand the territory of the republic to give the newly conquered land to the soldiers.
Personality and Behaviour
Populareism is very populist. He is often seen catering to the crowd and following their requests. He is also very agrarian. He is often seen on farms helping soldiers and farmers with their farms. He also gets killed a lot. Sometimes he will just randomly get killed in one panel just to come back the next.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Color the left side of the ball green and the right side red
- Draw a yellow stalk of wheat in the middle
- Draw a white senate house in the top left of the ball
- Draw eyes and you're done
|Green||#1CB24A||28, 178, 74|
|Red||#B30000||179, 0, 0|
|Yellow||#FBEE00||251, 238, 0|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Agrarianism - Power to the farmers!
- Caesarism - Get those senators Caesar!
- Left-Wing Populism - Power to the people in need!
- Roman Republicanism - I like you but sometimes i wish we could get things done faster.
- Agrarian Socialism - I think you're taking this land redistribution idea a little too far.
- Babouvism - WHO ARE YOU I AM FROM ANCIENT ROME
- Optimateism - GREEDY LAND OWNERS!!!
- Senatorialism - REEEEEEEEEEE! FUCK YOU SENATORS!!
- Capitalist Transhumanism - Oh Jupiter this is my worst nightmare.