Platformism, aka Makhnovism is an ideology that seeks unity from its participants, having, as a defining characteristic, the idea that each platformist organization should include only people that are fully in agreement with core group ideas, rejecting people who disagree. It stresses the need for tightly organized anarchist organizations that are able to influence working class and peasant movements.
Platformism rejects the model of the Leninist Vanguard and instead uses class consciousness to unite people with anarchist ideas so that they could lead the class struggle, there are four main principles by which an anarchist organization should operate, Tactical unity, Theoretical unity, Collective responsibility and Federalism
Platformism is seen as one of the earliest examples of anarchist praxis and was developed further as theory by Nestor Makhno and his comrades while in exile in Paris. based on the results of anarchist movements during the Russian Revolution such as The Free Territory (Also known as Makhnovshchyna) and it's Black Army.
Platformism has been critiqued to be merely a stepping stone for anarchist movements and should be used to develop other anarchist movements forward, but is also seen as the least ideologically centered anarchist concept and some say that it might be one of the only ways to effectively create an anarchist society.
Platformism would come into the fold in Ukraine during the Russian Civil War where Ukraine ended up divided among many different factions, among this chaos Nestor Makhno would enter into the picture as a charismatic leader that would rally Ukrainian peasants to the anarchist cause. Anarchism in Ukraine would be largely agrarian and was largely a movement of the peasants exerting control from oppressive landlords and russian elites , this free territory would be a string of villages and communities that would function under a direct democracy and self-governance around the local committee and its confederation with other committes, even having an unionized army command.
Free Territory would fight off Petliura and Skoropadskyy forces, the White Army and the Red Army after Trotsky centered its forces to fight them off after defeating the Whites, leading to the end of the Free Territory.
In South America, Platformism is known as Especifismo ('Specifism'), which can be summarized as:
- The need for a specifically anarchist organization built around a unity of ideas and praxis.
- The use of the specifically anarchist organization to theorize and develop strategic political and organizing work.
- Active involvement in and building of autonomous and popular social movements via social insertion.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Draw a diagonal black line across the ball
- Fill the bottom half in black
- Fill the top half in dark red
- Draw a star in opposing colors along the middle
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Anarcho-Communism - My unorganized parent.
- Agrarian Socialism - The peasants must be liberated!
- Anarchism - Anarkhiya-mama synov svoikh lyubit, Anarkhiya-mama ne prodast, Svintsovym dozhdom vraga prigolubit, Anarkhiya-mama za nas!
- Anarcho-Syndicalism - Different structure but compatible praxis and economy. That being said, why do I have a weird feeling that I have worked with you before while in France against Germany and Canada?
- Leninism - Only Allies in the class struggle as we all have the same enemies... but vanguard socialism is cringe!
- Bombaccism - Bro why do you like me so much?
- Synthesis Anarchism - We are organisationally opposites, and Volin gave me my scar!
- Stratocracy - We both want a platform with people who agree with each other and are able to organize themselves to combat enemies with the use of firepower, but at the end of the day you are just another authoritarian parasite who will use that same firepower to take away our freedom!
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - My successor who also believes in armed liberation against social parasites, but why are you so unorganized? My methods are much more effective you know!
- Post-Left Anarchism - I would usually just think of you as my dad's weird distant son, but calling me a structural authoritarian? Really, brother?
- Trotskyism - Slaughterer of Makhnovshchina!
- Stalinism - Betrayed the revolution!
- Capitalism - Fucking Landlords...
- Conservatism - Silly superstitious counter revolutionaries!
- Monarchism - FUCKING WHITES!
- Authoritarian Conservatism - Get lost Skoropadskyi, you German puppet!
- Social Democracy - I don't care that you're surrounded by reds and whites too, piss off Petliura!
- Corporatism - The peasants will not die inside your damn factories, fascist!
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Chaos and destruction of society instead of organization? Cringe!
- About the Platform by Errico Malatesta and Nestor Makhno
- The Struggle Against the State and Other Essays by Nestor Makhno
- Nestor Makhno and the Ukrainian Black Army | Russian Civil War | Polandball/Countryball history by CallMeEzekiel
- A Political History of Ukrainian Anarchism by Ravignon
Credit: Man from the future's drawing
Credit: TheLegend2T, Source