Not to be confused with Actual Pirates
Piratism, or Pirate Politics, is a libertarian, usually democratic and to some extent anti-I.P. ideology born from Sweden on the grounds of copyright reform. He values government transparency, freedom of speech and privacy. He's also quite big on digitalization and e-government, and strongly opposes any regulations of the internet by governments.
The first Pirate Party was officially formed on New Years Day 2006 in Sweden. Its founder, Rick Falkvinge, established the party after he found that Swedish politicians were generally unresponsive to Sweden's debate over changes to copyright law in 2005.
Officially, there are pirate parties in over 40 countries. Some European countries, such as Czechia and Luxembourg, have seen pirate party success with elected officials serving in the countries' legislative bodies. The mayor of Prague, elected in 2018, was the first pirate ever to be elected to be the mayor of a major city.
Piratism purposely models himself to look like a real pirate, in an attempt to "beat people to the punch" when being called a pirate. In reality, all this did was cause people to confuse him with real pirates and now no one outside of some European countries takes him seriously.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball with eyes
- On the ball draw a mainsail symbol
- Draw a Black Line
- Out of the top of the line draw a curved line to the bottom of the line at the same side
- Repeat the previous step with a less extreme curve.
- (Optional) Draw a Circle around that
- Turn one of the eyes into an eyepatch
- (Optional) Draw a Pirate hat
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Civil Libertarianism - Best system.
- Anti-Authoritarianism - Good old brother.
- Libertarianism - A big supporter of mine.
- Libertarian Socialism - Same as above.
- Social Liberalism - A good friend of mine who my supporters often overlap with.
- Social Libertarianism - Good guy, we tend to have similar policy, even if they are a bit more moderate.
- Techno-Anarchism - My biggest supporter.
- Direct Democracy, Liquid Democracy & E-Democracy - The future is upon the horizon!
- Hydrarchy - I'm not that kind of pirate!!! At least we agree copyright is nonsense.
- Anarcho-Communism - GNU is based, but I don't know about the whole "no government" and "communism" thing.
- Agorism - Disregarding copyright is absolutely based, but I'm not sure on the whole "selling krokodil" thing.
- Anti-Fascism - You aren't the worst, but why so hostile to free speech?
- Authoritarian Capitalism - The reason piracy is not as successful.
- Corporatocracy - Torrent tracking goes brrrr.
- Ingsoc - Nightmare fuel.
- Police Statism - Screw you, there's no such thing as "illegal download"!
- Japanese LDP - Let me use Dolphin Emulator and get my Pokemon ROM hacks in peace!
- Trudeauism - Quit trying to soft censor the internet out of blind patriotism. Ditch bill C-11!
- Dengism - Censorship and tyranny!
Please still give me pirated games though.
- Neoconservatism - Stop punishing people for telling the truth. Assange and Snowden are heroes!
- Alt-Lite - You don't care about free speech dude. Quit using that phrase to advertise your shitty new website that you're really just using as an echo chamber for your fascistic worldviews.
- Alt-Right - Like the scumbag above, except he doesn't even try to hide his fascism.
- No Safe Harbor: Essays on Pirate Politics edited by Andrew Norton and Bradley Hall
- Culture vs. Copyright by Anatoly Volynets
- Guerrila Open Access Manifesto by Aaron Swartz
- Pirate Politics
- Pirate Parties International
- European Pirate Party
- The Pirate Bay
- Information wants to be free
- You Hate all these Companies for the SAME Reason and Creators Shouldn't Own Their Creations, and Here's Why. by Uniquenameosaurus