Parliamentarianism or Parliamentarism is a political ideology which seeks the dominance of a legislative body (parliament) in the matters of sovereignty.
In this system, the voters would first choose the members who serve in a Parliament. The legislative branch would then decide who will lead the executive. Both the legislative branch and the executive branch are in sync with each other more than in the Presidential system because of this.
There are two types of parliamentary democracies:
- Westminster system - Modeled after the UK system, these parliaments have debates that are adversary more often than not. The plenary sessions are more important than committees. Nations with this model have traditionally used first-past-the-post for elections, although many have since adopted forms of proportional representation.
- Consensus system - Unlike the Westminster system, committees are more crucial than plenary sessions. The debates are utilized to reach a consensus. Countries with a consensus system are more likely to use proportional representation.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with Desaturated Blue.
- Draw Crowned Portcullis (logo of the UK Parliament) in white.
- Add the eyes and you're done.
|Desaturated Blue||#373250||55, 50, 80|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- English Monarchism - We're the most loyal institution of His Majesty!
- British Whiggism & US Whiggism - Based! Keep fighting against tyrants!
- Conservative Liberalism - The old Whigs were pretty cool.
- Aristocracy & Timocracy - Aristocrats beat absolutism every day.
- Senatorialism - The senate will decide you fate.
- Nordic Model - Good democratic system.
Totalitarianism - I AM the senate!
- Feudalism - My honorable predecessor seems to forget his time has already passed.
- Classical Liberalism - Make sure to chose me over him
- Constitutionalism - Just be lax and I like you.
- Democracy - I kinda like you but some of my non European and historical variants have been pretty opposed to you.
- Republicanism - Ah yes my Republican period..... I'd rather not talk about that, if you may.
- Caesarism - Get rekt lol.
- Absolute Monarchism - If you insist on this tyrannical nonsense, Your Majesty, then I'm afraid we'll have no choice but to remove your head with the crown upon it.
- Presidentialism - Democratic Autocracy.
- Gaddafism - He said mean things about me :(
- How Do Parliamentary Systems Work? by Paul Sargent
- A Stupid Summary of the European Parliament by Extra in Exile
Konlord 44's image