Pagan Theocracy is a religious, culturally variable, civically variable, and economically variable but usually center ideology that wants paganism to be the ruling religion over the community. In state societies, this usually manifests itself in extreme authoritarianism and while may somewhat vary, often will execute those who have a different interpretation of pagan beliefs. However in tribal societies it often is extremely libertarian and varies greatly among practitioners of different areas and is generally much less statist and is usually more of a structure of social taboos to ensure the survival of the tribe and was "more or less" decided by the people of said tribe, whether it be through democratic vote and/or traditional societal roles such as elders or chiefs who often either were elected by the tribe and/or were given such power via tradition.
(WIP) Pagan Theocracy has been almost as old as humanity itself. With traditions and superstitions often serving providing ways for humans to understand their place in life, eventually it has evolved all across the world to encompass various different non-monotheistic belief systems and pantheons. It could be argued that all major religions today started from Paganistic pantheons.
The Roman Empire was this at certain times.
A good example of a harcore pagan theocracy would be Mesoamerican empires such as the Aztec empire, which is known to be extremely extreme in their beliefs, and often being known to preform extreme rituals that often led to immense ammounts of sacrifice to the gods, examples being large-scale human sacrifice, child beatings and drowning, self-mutilation and constant warfare and razeing of enemy territories. But eventually due to outside disease and continued Colonialism from Western powers, as well as various native groups infighting with eachother, this way of life eventually collapsed and such traditions became a thing of the history books, although certain Indigenist political movements seek to revive aspects of Mesoamerican indiginous culture and beliefs such as Neozapatismo, albeit without such religious extremism or sacrificial rituals.
Pagan Theocracy believes that a pagan religion should rule over the state. This was commonly done by either priests, druids, etc ruling or having power over the state in the name of the gods or by kings who called themselves a god. How they do it specifically depends on the pagan religion.
WIP (Planning on adding tengrism, totemism, African Spirituality, Nordic Spirituality etc.)
Personality and Behavior
Pagan Theocracy's personality depends on what pagan religion you're representing. Though there are some personality traits that are consistent. He has a very close relationship with nature. He also has a great respect for the gods.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball with a black outline.
- Fill the ball with Red.
- Draw the symbol of the pagan religion you're trying to represent. The default symbol is a black pentagram.
- (Optional) Draw a hat that represents the pagan religion you're trying to represent.
- Draw eyes and then you're done!
|Red||#C60B1E||198, 11, 30|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Environmentalism - Shares my views on nature.
- Deep Ecology - Really shares my views on nature.
- Odalism - Really Really shares my views on nature.
- National Anarchism - Ah yes, the traditional way of life.
- Hindu Theocracy - Polytheism gang.
- Tribalism - You are some of the chosen few who still follow the noble path of the gods.
- Indigenism - We must follow the way of our ancestors spirits and seek justice for what had been done by Christian invaders.
- Anarkata - The White devil shall be driven back! And our way of life shall thrive once more!
- Anti-Japaneseism - Glad to see you seek justice for what the Shintoists did to the indigenous pagans.
- Anarcho-Primitivism - We must go follow our traditional way of life.
- Post-Colonial Anarchism - Not sure about this "Anarchism" but hey, seeking justice for indigenous peoples and wanting to revive their traditions and way of life seems based enough.
- Primal Primitivism - A gift from the gods, who we live in harmony with, it shall willingly sacrifice itself in our ritual blood sacrifice!
- Soulism - He too knows the wonders of Traditional Psychedelics and can truly see into the spirit realm.
- Satanic Theocracy - Going against the monotheists is based but you're very evil.
- Cultism - You seem to like me and all, but you don't actually seem to worship the spirits. (At least you took inspiration from the Aztecs for your mass human sacrifices though.)
- Neozapatismo - The Mesoamerican's were based, But why don't you want to bring back human sacrifice? It was the best part!
- Buddhist Theocracy - No gods? Kinda cringe but at least one of your sects believes in gods.
- Esoteric Fascism - I love the Gods too but I think you need to see an doctor because you keep spouting out crazy nonsense.
- Zoroastrian Theocracy - While monotheistic, at least you let us practice our religion in peace.
- Post-Humanism - On one hand you completely destroy nature, on the other you're basically a god.
- Sikh Theocracy - Monotheistic, yet a theocracy. I suppose we can co-exist sometimes.
- State Atheism - You hate the Abrahamic religions? Based, but why do you hate me so much?
- Pacifist Feminism - I like how you take inspiration from me, but first-worlders doing a tiktok dedicated to "cottagecore aestetic" are just absolutely ignorant of our true way. You do not follow the truth path of the gods, your only god is social media.
- Technoprimitivism - When I said worshiping social media as pagan gods, I wasn't saying it was a good thing.
- Chinese Theocracy - THE YELLOW TURBAN REBELLION WAS BASED WHY DID YOU PURGE ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I AM GLAD THOSE TENGRI NOMADS KICKED YOUR ASS!
- State Shinto - YOU TRAITOR! WHY DID YOU KILL OFF THE BASED JOMON, EMISHI, RYUKYU, AND AINU PAGANS? YOUR RELIGION USED TO BE COOL!
- Christian Theocracy - YOU GOT RID OF MY INFLUENCE OVER THE ROMAN EMPIRE! DAMN YOU THEODOSIUS!!!
- Transhumanism - You ruin nature!
- Islamic Theocracy - "Abu Talib, your nephew has reviled our gods, denounced our religion, derided our traditional values and told us that our forefathers were misguided."
- Jewish Theocracy - Haha yeah keep seething about Hadrian!
- Reactionary Socialism - Evil commie who wants to burn me at the stake.
- Liberation Theology - Lol, you are just butthurt that he likes me more than you... Stop cucking out to worshiping a Jew on a stick and betraying your ancestors true beliefs.
- Imperialism - You force your religion onto our people. (But when pagans did it against monotheistics, it was based.)