Optimateism is an authoritarian right ideology that believes in the beliefs of the optimate faction of the Roman Republic. He is very violent, very rich, and more then meets the eye.
Optimateism started as a reaction against the Gracchi brothers land reforms and other stuff the Gracchi did like break mos majorum. After Publius Cornelius Scipio Nasica Serapio killed Tiberius Gracchus and Gaius Gracchus killed himself, the republic was divided by the optimates and populares for about 80 years. The height of their power was during the dictatorship of Lucius Cornelius Sulla during 81 BC to 80 BC. Salla stripped the assemblies of nearly all power, raised the number of members of the Senate from 300 to 600, executed a large number of Populares via proscription lists and settled thousands of soldiers in northern Italy. Though after his death in 78 BC many of his polices were gradually reversed. During the Ceasers Civil War they sided with Pompey but after Titus Labienus defeat in Hispania the optimates disappeared.
Optimateism believes in the beliefs of the optimate faction of the roman republic. These beliefs were conservatism as they wanted to preserve the traditions of the republic. Another belief was aristocracy as they believed in the supremacy of the patricians. They also believed in mos majorum which were the unwritten code of the republic which the Romans derived their social norms.
Personality and Behavior
Optimateism is often violent. He is seen in comics attacking anyone who says anything that he disagrees with. He is also very rich. He is seen in comics throwing money at people he doesn't want to talk to or paying people to do stuff for him that he is either too lazy to do or just wants some good entertainment by seeing the person he paid fail. He is also more then meets the eye. He is seen in comic either dressing up as Optimus Prime.
How to draw
- Draw a circle
- Color the left side of the ball blue and the right side white
- Draw a senate house in the top left corner
- Draw eyes and then you're done!
|Blue||#004FAB||0, 79, 171|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Senatorialism - The senate shall rule supreme for all eternity!
- Aristocracy - The patricians shall rule over the plebs
- Plutocracy - If a pleb gets rich enough.
- Girondism - he also defends his republican institutions against left-wing madness.
- Classical Conservatism - I like your style.
- Roman Republicanism - Why do you keep plebs around? Only the patricians should rule!
- Democratism and Republicanism - Your hatred for populism is admirable.
- Agrarianism - I like salt more than grain, the salt must flow!
- Trumpism - Not bad but too populist.
- Populareism - Pleb cuck!
- Caesarism - Haha knife goes *stab* *stab*
- Imperialism - We are overstretched already more land will make the republic unstable!