Neo-Zapatismo is not an ideology or doctrine but a set of political philosophies and practices inspired by Emiliano Zapata, though certain currents of Neozapatismo can be identified:
- Armed insurgency
- Autonomous government
- National and international networks of solidarity
- Indigenous liberation
- Indigenous Feminism
The origins of Neozapatismo trace back to the 1910s during the Mexican Revolution with its namesake, General Emiliano Zapata Salazar, an Agrarian revolutionary who led the Liberation Army of the South in the fight against the national government to reclaim stolen communal lands. The army disbanded after the government of Venustiano Carranza was overthrown.
Decades later, during the Mexican Dirty War in 1969 the EZLN started as the National Liberation Forces, a maoist insurgent group, they later left to Chiapas and formed the EZLN in 1994. The Chiapas conflict began with the Zapatista uprising, caused by the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN). This libertarian socialist militant group borrowed its name from the Zapatismo, believing themselves to be its successor. Although they do not align with any political classification, they support alter-globalization and indigenism, and are strictly against neoliberalism and capitalism. Since their initial uprising was crushed by the Mexican military, the group has since attempted to gain both Mexican and international support by avoiding military offensives. Today, the group claims a large area of Chiapas called the Rebel Zapatista Autonomous Municipalities, a socialist confederation run by a democratically-elected council.
Best friends with Indigenism, considering their unified goals and history, they tend to smoke pipes together and like to talk about their indigenous past.
He admires Guevarism and has posters of him all over his room.
How to Draw
Neozapatismo's design is based on the flag of the EZLN.
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with black
- Add a big red star in the center
- Add eyes
And you're done!
|Black||#202020||32, 32, 32|
|Red||#CF0821||207, 8, 33|
- Guevarism - Our hero!
- Anarcho-Communism - Our egalitarian Pop.
- Agrarian Socialism - Peasant revolt!
- Anarcha-Feminism - Women belong in the revolution!
- Indigenism - We have a long history together... May the ideas of Indigenous Self-Determination spread across the Americas my friend!
- Democratic Confederalism - Fellow insurgents on the other side of the world.
- Liberation Theology - Fellow god-fearing indiginous revolutionary. Though we may be more secular in practice than you.
- Alter-Globalism - The best way to fight the Neo-liberal status quo!
- Post-Colonial Anarchism - Fighting neo-colonialism is what I stand for.
- Postcolonial Feminism - Alongside protecting our native Mayan women from exploitation and abuse!
- Queer Anarchism - “Yes, Marcos is gay. Marcos is gay in San Francisco, black in South Africa, an Asian in Europe, a Chicano in San Ysidro, an anarchist in Spain, a Palestinian in Israel, a Mayan Indian in the streets of San Cristobal, a Jew in Germany, a Gypsy in Poland, a Mohawk in Quebec, a pacifist in Bosnia, a single woman on the Metro at 10pm, a peasant without land, a gang member in the slums, an unemployed worker, an unhappy student and, of course, a Zapatista in the mountains. Marcos is all the exploited, marginalized, oppressed minorities resisting and saying `Enough'. He is every minority who is now beginning to speak and every majority that must shut up and listen. He is every untolerated group searching for a way to speak. Everything that makes power and the good consciences of those in power uncomfortable -- this is Marcos.”
- Anarchism - I like your ideas but not your dogma.
- Marxism - I like your theory but not your dogma.
- Ethnocacerism - I like your dedication to fight for indigenous rights and autonomy, but not your racism or supremacism.
- Marxism-Leninism - I used to be you, but as I said "I Shit On All the Revolutionary Vanguards of this Planet" 
- MORENA - If you weren't so moderate I might actually support you! Cut it with this capitalist bull and we cool.
- Capitalism - Bootlickers!
- Drug Cartels - Fuck the mafia!
- PRIsm - ¡Represor!
- Neoliberalism - ¡CHINGA TU MADRE ESTADOS UNIDOS!
- Neoconservatism - You serve the druglords you claim to fight!
- Mexican Fascism - Fake Mexicans!!
- USA - ¡You funded Los Zetas to fight us!
- Israel ¡You also helped Los Zetas! and ¡FREE PALESTINE!
- Zapatista Army
- Subcomandante Marcos
- Emiliano Zapata
- Free and Sovereign State of Chiapas
Original image by ComradeRabbit
Credit: TheLegend2T, Source
Credit: u/Pangea14, Source