He believes in autonomous communes that should be run by a Mutualist ( Socialism within a market economy) economic system in addition to traditional and Reactionary social views and should be segregated ethnically and/or culturally, with the addition of a Meritocratic social system. However some followers believes it should be decided by community itself.
He hates Marxism, due to his internationalist ideals (but likes it if it's anarchist, nationalist, and traditionalist) but hates Capitalism even more. Ecological protection is also important to NatAn, but mostly because he believes in the preservation of traditional land. While in theory it could be followed by numerous people of different cultures it is usually followed in majority White Western communities.
National Anarchism has its origins in the Romantic Nationalism of the 18th century, when different peoples were fighting to assert their independence amidst the consolidation of nation-states and empiees in Europe, and in particular the Völkisch movement of Germany, which encouraged a return to rural life and veneration of the ancient gods of the Germans.
'Nationalanarchismus' was coined by the German Conservative Helmut Franke, and it is within the Conservative Revolutionary sphere that much of the philosophy that National Anarchists inherited was developed, especially by Ernst Jünger, a German soldier and writer who had fought in the Great War. The Italian esotericist and traditionalist Julius Evola is also cited as an influence on National Anarchism from this period, and his philosophy has also influenced the wider European New Right current in the postwar era.
In the late 1980s, National Anarchist ideology began to crystallise with the establishment of the National Revolutionary Faction by Troy Southgate, a former 'Black Front' Strasserist and member of the International Third Position and the British National Front. Separately, an obscure group known as the Black Rams espoused an ideology known as 'Anarcho-Nationalism'.
The National Revolutionary Faction received support from Richard Hunt, an Alternative Green Anarchist who had formerly been at the forefront of developing the philosophy of the Green Anarchist zine before leaving the Eco-Anarchist mainstream over differences of opinion over his position on Nationalism. Ted Kaczynski and his critical assessment of civilisation, society, technology, and its impact on nature is also widely accepted among National Anarchists.
The NRF stood as a predecessor to the National Anarchist Movement, and this revolutionary vanguard soon became defunct as the movement expanded online through the Thule Seminar, the Cercle de la Rose Noire journal, and other closely-affiliated forums and sites. The National Anarchist Movement has led to the creation of other movements in North America, such as the Bay Area National Anarchists led by A. Yeoman, an Australian movement led by W. Herfurth, and a Belgian National Anarchist Movement, as well as countless other groups whose names remain obscure.
Personality and Behaviour
NatAn is often accused of being the same thing as Anarcho-Fascism, due to both having socially and culturally conservative views, as well as a tendency to glorifying war heroism and violence, which are seen as 'old Aryan values'. He opposes Zionism, though he doesn't necessarily hate Jews in general, like National Socialism does (although some of his adherents may say so). He usually confuses most of the other anarchists, except Anarcho-Fascism, though points of common interest exist with Anarcho-Primitivism, Anarcho-Monarchism, and other Anarchisms of the Right.
Due to the fact that the majority of his adherents are found throughout Western Europe and English-speaking countries, European/Western cultural and social issues are most prioritised, although National Anarchists often show support for Tibetans, Palestinians, Uyghurs, and other ethnic groups who are repressed by statist powers.
He detests Wikipedia since they misinterpret his ideological values as set out in the National Anarchist Manifesto. By extension, he has nothing but contempt for sites like
Ratwiki Rational Wiki, who are opinionated and misinformed about his ideology.
Southgateism is based on the political views of activist Troy Southgate, who once affiliated with neo-fascist/Nazi movements and parties. Southgate stated that "exploit a growing counterculture of industrial heavy metal, paganism, esotericism, occultism and Satanism that he believes holds the key to the spiritual invigoration of Western society ready for an essentially Evolian revolt against the culturally and racially unnerving forces of the American global capitalism", his appreciation of esotericism and anti-capitalism being evident. He has a strong appreciation for Evola, especially for "spiritual racism", even if he claims to be a non-racist and an ethnopluralist. He declares himself a National Anarchist, saying the concept of the state is artificial, as well as being an eco-fascist, evident in his infiltration of the animal rights movements. He embodies revolutionary nationalism and also calls himself a "primitive Aryan", has Strasser and Third Position influences, but claimed that Hitler and Mussolini are "reactionary charlatans".
How to Draw
Drawing National-Anarchism is a bit complicated:
- Draw a ball,
- Colour it a very dark, but not pure, shade of black
- Draw a white circle and fill it in,
- Draw a star of the same shade of black in the middle of the ball,
- Draw a white rectangle over the star so that the entire top point and entire two bottom points of the star are visible, as well as the tips of the other two points,
- Write the initials "NAM" in black in the rectangle in bold text so that they cover the entire rectangle,
- Draw the eyes and you're done!
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
Note: While NatAn considers several other anarchist ideologies his friends due to shared ideological values, most of them do not share the same feelings back due to his reactionary views.
- Black Lilyism - My brother who totally gets me! The state, Capitalism, and progressiveness are evil.
- Eco-Anarchism - Finally, someone who recognizes the danger of Capitalism and the state to our beautiful land!
Why are you giving me that look?
- Mutualism - Best economic system! Proudhon was right about women and jews.
- Odalism - You're like Him but better in every way.
- Crusade of Romanianism - Nationalism combined with libertarianism and left economics is based! Just go all in and get rid of the state and you would be perfect!
- Indigenous Anarchism - All peoples deserve there native land, the great replacement affects all races and cultures.
but odalism is still better because he is white
- Alt-Right Libertarianism - Most based bert specially Christopher Chase Rachels, Taleed TJ. Brown, Vincent John and Richard Storey.
- Anarcho-Conservatism - He gets it!
- Marxism - You're a complete retard, but your economics are at least tolerable.
- Anarcho-Communism - Good ideology but I hate your followers, a few of my followers are ancoms though.
- Hoppeanism - Fellow anarchist traditionalist, but drop the Capitalism.
- Nilssonian Anarcho-Fascism - Another anarchist traditionalist, but you're a bit too much like the last guy.
- Donovanian Anarcho-Fascism - What are you talking about? I am totally not anything like you!
- National Syndicalism - You're a statist fascist, which is degenerate. But you're a traditionalist anti-capitalist nationalist, which is cool.
- Falangism - Based Anti-Capitalist, but are you really sure you need that state? Also that Traditionalism and Nationalism is honestly epic.
- Eco-Fascism - You get me, even if you are a statist.
- National Libertarianism - An okay-ish lolbert to say the least, but it's shame that he's a fucking cappie.
- Left-Wing Nationalism - Based Anti-Capitalist, and Nationalist, but progressivism and statism are pretty cringe.
- Post-Colonial Anarchism - I would like to say you are tolerable, but you keep whining that we need to "decolonize." Also let me say the N word damnit!
- National Bolshevism - I am basically this but as an anarchist... Based I would say but take the anarchy-pill. At least Left-Nazbol wants to achieve me at some point and also we thing that Sin Chaeho is based
- Paleolibertarianism - Late-Stage Rothbard, Lew Rockwell, Jeff Deist and Stefan Molyneux are somewhat based.
- Juche - Likes Shin Chae-ho and agrees with me on almost everything but state power.
- Tridemism - Quite based, though too statist and authoritarian. You should also have listened to Chen Jiongming.
- Anarcho-Fascism - Bro, you're not even an anarchist. Plus, everyone thinks I'm you.
- Anti-Fascism - No retard, I’m not a Fascist because I don’t believe in liberal values.
- National Socialism - Fuck you statist. Everyone accuses me of being like you! You ruined my reputation!
- National Liberalism - I'm not a nazi, you goddamn libtard!
- Capitalism - Corrupt bastard who is willing to destroy our culture and traditional land if it makes him more money.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Upholds capitalism and doesn't care about cultural issues. You're an awful "anarchist"!
- Queer Anarchism - Pure degenerate.
- LGBT Conservatism - Death to the fake traditionalist!
- Neoliberalism - Death to the liberal world order!
- State Liberalism - Yeah, he's basically my opposite.
- Fordism - My worst nightmare.
- Ethnocracy - Ethnic Nationalism is good, but ethnic supremacism is bad.
Unless it is specifically my people doing it.
- Ilminism - You are a traitor to the Korean people.
- Rebranding Fascism: National Anarchists, Libcom.org
- National-anarchism, Wikipedia
- National anarchism, Rational Wiki
- National-Anarchist Manifesto by Troy Southgate
- IdeoLogs:interview with a National Anarchist
- National Anarchism: An Explanation
- National-Anarchism Official Website (Wayback Machine)
- An Incorrect Summary of Metal Gear Rising | Part 2 | (Senator Armstrong in this satirized version of the MGR plot wants a stateless america where everyone is free to say the N word and be as racist as they want)
- Be an Omniseparatist
Credit: AmHooman's drawing
Credit: u/oRange_PCB, Source