Monarcho-Fascism is an Authoritarian Unity Fascist ideology that believes that a monarch is necessary for a Fascist society. It has historically been Constitutional Monarchist, though it could be anything from Ceremonial to Absolute.
In 1939, Albania became an Italian protectorate, and Victor Emmanuel III, the Italian King, became King of the Albanians.
Belgium's Monarcho-Fascist party was the Rexist Party. It existed between 1935 and 1945 and was led by Leon Degrelle.
Rexism advocated royalism, Centralism, dominance of the Roman Catholic church and borrowed many ideas from Integral Nationalism to establish a moral renewal of Belgian society.
Main article: British Fascism
British Monarcho-Fascism is considered just British Fascism. It was popularized by Oswald Mosley in the 20s-40s.
Main article: Brazilian Integralism
The Brazilian Integralists were split between supporting a republic and supporting the return of the monarchy, which was overthrown in a military coup in 1889. However, the movement's leader, Plínio Salgado, was a monarchist.
The Ustase party was created in 1929, and they were led by Ante Pavleič. After the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia, they founded a puppet state named the Independent State of Croatia. It was de jure a constitutional monarchy, but de facto a dictatorship. The Ustase government was extremely brutal against Serbs, Jews, Romas and Communists.
Main article: Fascism
The Rastakhiz Party originally was meant to be a synthesis of Spanish and Italian Fascism, which was met with widespread opposition, which led to the Party adopting Democratic Centralism instead. The Rastakhiz Party ruled Iran from 1975 to 1978.
Main article: Showaism
In Japan, Showaism (a Japanese form of Monarcho-Fascism) popularized militarism, ultranationalism, and totalitarianism in Japan around the 1920s and 1930s. However, this Monarcho-Fascist regime came to an end in 1945 due to American occupation.
In 1932, Imperial Japan invaded and occupied Manchuria, installing there a puppet regime led by Puyi, the last Chinese emperor. It was dissolved in 1945.
Main article: Mexican Fascism
The Montenegrin Party was founded in 1923 and tried to restore the Kingdom of Montenegro. Similar to Croatia after the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia, they founded a puppet state named the Independent State of Montenegro. The Montenegrin Federalist Party invited Prince Michael of Montenegro to be its King and head of state, but he refused, claiming that he would not cooperate with Nazis.
Main article: Legionarism
Main article: Mladorossism
Like in many other countries in Europe at the end of the 19th, a radical party was founded in Serbia. This party become more and more right-wing and finally modelled itself as "Yugoslav Radical Union" after the Italian National Fascist Party and formed an alliance with other fascist parties like Zbor.
After the defeat of Italy the monarchist Chetniks joined Germany in the war against the communists.
Main article: Metaxism
On the 4th of August 1936 with the approval of King George II of Greece, a nationalist General by the name of Ioannis Metaxas was appointed the new Prime Minister of Greece and established the 4th of August Regime, a Greek ultranationalist and anti-communist dictatorship which was supportive of Constitutional Monarchy. Some say that the regime wasn’t fully fascist but rather Authoritarian Conservative due to its disdain for Imperialism, lack of a strong, revolutionary fascist political body (like the NSDAP in Germany or the PNF in Italy) and its support towards the UK rather than the fascist nations of that time.
Main article: Francoism
- Plaek Phibunsongkhram - Field Marshal Plaek "Phibun" Phibunsongkhram was a Thai military officer and politician who served as the Prime Minister of Thailand from 1938 to 1944 and 1948 to 1957. Phibun was a member of the Royal Siamese Army wing of Khana Ratsadon "People's Party", the first political party in Thailand, and a leader of the Siamese revolution of 1932, transforming Thailand from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy.
Phibun became the third Prime Minister of Thailand in 1938 as Commander of the Royal Siamese Army, established a totalitarian military dictatorship inspired by the Italian fascist Benito Mussolini, promoted Thai nationalism and sinophobia, and allied Thailand with Empire of Japan in World War II. Phibun launched a modernization campaign known as the Thai Cultural Revolution that included a series of cultural mandates such as changing the country's name from "Siam" to "Thailand", and promoting the common Thai language.
Phibun was ousted as prime minister by the National Assembly in 1944 and replaced by members of the Free Thai Movement, until returning to power through another coup d'etat in 1947. Phibun aligned Thailand with anti-communism in the Cold War and participated in the Korean War under the United Nations Command.
Phibun's second term as prime minister was plagued by political instability and was subject to several attempted coup d'etats to remove him, including the Army General Staff plot in 1948, the Palace Rebellion in 1949, and the Manhattan Rebellion in 1951. Phibun's deteriorating relationship with His Majesty Bhumibol proved to be his downfall as he was overthrown in 1957 by General Sarit Thanarat who accused him of Lèse-majesté. After his downfall, Phibun entered exile in Japan, where he died in 1964.
- Thanom Kittikachorn - Following the death of Sarit Thanarat, Field Marshal Thanom Kittikachorn became Prime Minister and the new military dictator of Thailand from 1963-1973. Thanom Kittikachorn's government got Thailand involved in the Vietnam War and Thailand during his tenure was the third-largest provider of ground forces to South Vietnam, following the US and South Korea. Thanom's government allowed the United States Air Force in Thailand to use its air and naval bases and at the height of the war, almost 50,000 American military personnel were stationed in Thailand.
Thanom's regime was known for massive corruption and faced multiple popular uprisings such as the communist insurgency by the Communist Party of Thailand (CPT) and 1970s peasant revolts in Thailand. Public discontent with Thanom's dictatorship reached its peak during the student-led 1973 Thai popular uprising that forced Thanom and his allies into exile in the US and Singapore.
In October 1976, Thanom returned to Thailand in the robes of a novice monk. Even though he announced he had no desire to re-enter politics, his return triggered student protests, which eventually moved onto the campus of Thammasat University. As this happened only a year after South Vietnam and Laos had fallen to communism, right-wing Thai citizens mistakenly suspected the protesters wished the same fate for their own country. On 6 October 1976, right-wing militants, aided by government security forces, stormed the Thammasat campus, violently broke up the protests, and killed and injured many protesters in what came to be known as the 6 October 1976 massacre.
- Rubbish Collection Organization: The Rubbish Collection Organization (RCO; Thai: องค์กรเก็บขยะแผ่นดิน; RTGS: ongkon kep khaya phaendin) is a Thai state-sponsored online ultra-royalist vigilante group that has been characterized as fascist. Headed by Rienthong Nanna, an ultra-royalist former major general, medical doctor, director of Mongkut Wattana Hospital and special advisor to the Prime Minister, it was founded during the 2013–2014 Thai political crisis, on the side of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, and as of July 2019 had 300,000 likes on its Facebook page. The RCO is organized along professional military-style lines and engages in mob activism. Its stated aim is to 'eradicate' Thailand's “social rubbish” and to “eradicate lèse-majesté offenders completely.” The RCO has adopted civic volunteerism and publicizes state-organized mass events, such as royal bicycle rallies, through social media.
- Thai Pakdee: A royalist political party, initially an organization established in 2021 by former Thai Rak Thai and Democrat Party member of the House of Representative Warong Dechgitvigrom to oppose the Kao Klai (Move Forward) party and two anti-establishment groups, the Progressive Movement and the "Three-Finger Mob". The Thai Pakdee group’s manifesto includes the safeguarding of Thailand’s three pillars of The Nation, the Religion and the Monarchy, resistance to all kinds of monopoly, support for technology, a self-sufficient economy and promotion of the “Thainess” characteristic.
Beliefs and Foundations
Monarcho-Fascism believes that a monarch is necessary for a fascist society. Historically. it has been mainly constitutional monarchist through it doesn't have to be. Monarcho-Fascism could be anywhere from ceremonial to absolute monarchy. Monarcho-Fascism likes monarchies because they see them as important for the countries as they are part of the country's tradition.
Personality and Behavior
He acts like Sheev Palpatine from Star Wars and tries to act better than everyone around him.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Colour the ball purple,
- Draw a sunset orange fasces in the centre with a yellow axe-head and binds,
- Draw a yellow crown on top of the fasces,
- Draw a crown on top of the ball (Gold for the crown, red for the jewels),
- Draw the eyes and you're done!
|Purple||#4D004D||77, 0, 77|
|Sunset Orange||#E25050||226, 80, 80|
|Yellow||#FFCC00||255, 204, 0|
|Gold||#FFE101||255, 225, 1|
|Red||#C5060E||197, 6, 14|
- Fascism - Started off great until the king stabbed you in the back...
- Constitutional Monarchism - The constitution clearly says that sovereiginity belongs to the monarchy.
- Clerical Fascism - My favourite sibling.
- Stratocracy - Well, if the monarch was the supreme commander that would be fine, I guess.
- National Conservatism - Nationalism and Conservatism? Based! As long as the monarchy is the main pillar of society and I'll being accepting towards you (but why some of your variants were r*publicans?)
- Black Hundredism - My Russian counterpart. Using paramilitaries to harass ethnic minorities, socialists and republicans is a good idea.
- Police Statism - Yes, Please enforce these Lèse-majesté laws to teach those anti-monarchists a lesson!
- Showa Statism - Glory to Japan! Thanks for the help in World War 2!
- Ittihadism - You are the Turkish version of the guy above, I like the direction you were going.
- Monarcho-Socialism - The monarchy is based but you could go without socialism.
- Mladorossism - Monarchism? Based. Fascism? Based. COMMUNISM? Unbased.
- Nordic Model - Mostly too degenerate, but SD is based due to their ultranationalism and 3rd positionist economics (monarcho-social fascism ?).
- Conservative Liberalism - Liberalism is cringe and you are way too moderate on culture but we do get along in Thailand. Really like this party for siding with us against the Thaksinists.
Seriously, screw Abhisit for backstabbing us!
- Republicanism - DIE!!!
- Radical Democracy - YOU TOO!!!
- Leninism - I won't forgive you for what you have done with the Romanovs!
- Anti-Fascism - Anarchism + Republicanism = DOUBLE CRINGE
- Marxism–Leninism - Goddamn commies!
- Trotskyism - Thanks for the ice pick for ending this nightmare!
- Neoconservatism - You were based in the past because you protected monarchy and Rama IX in the Cold War. But this time you can FUCK OFF! from my face! That's because I heard you are trying to overthrow the monarchy!
- Third Way - Thaksin and Yingluck deserved to be removed because they violated section 112. And SW Valrum also deseved it.
- Progressivism - You too! you supported the Sam Kib and those anti-monarchists to topple the monarchy, so your party deserved to be collapsed by court ruling! Stop hiding behind the skirt and fight me like a man, Thanathorn!
- Iron Front - Fascism and Monarchism are both good, actually. I'm glad that the Nazis kicked your pathetic butts.
- Civil Libertarianism - Abolish Lèse-majesté laws? Sure, if that law was not used for a long period of time, which is when no one dare to insult the monarchy!
- Jacobinism - Proof that republicans are backwards and barbaric!
- Tridemism - Proof that republicans are very bad! You overthrew the monarchy and made China a warlord state! You also defeated my Japanese variant along with the allies.
Credit: TheLegend2T, Source