Monarchism is an ideology that believes in a government with a monarch at the head. Monarchs are rulers who govern a country until they die or are abdicated and hold titles like king or queen. Monarchism can be in any quadrant as most ideologies authoritarian or libertarian, conservative or progressive, economically left or right, can have a monarch if they want to.
The child of Tribalism, he is one of the oldest ideologies in the Polcompball canon, being born at the cradle of civilization itself (possibly born even 12,000 years ago).
- Monarchism will take on characteristics of a stereotypical king or queen (which depending on your view might be anything from a warrior hero to lazy, inbred, sexually deviant, pious, entitled proto-bourgeoisie).
- He uses divine right to rule and believes that God has ordained them their reign. Even though some monarchs are secular, they often believe that religion is necessary to unify the people.
- He has hundreds of mistresses/concubines/harem which usually hang out in his castle (or bedroom).
- He fights a lot with Feudalism, which sometimes gets violent.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball with eyes
- Fill it with purple
- Put a crown on the ball
And you're done!
|Purple||#AA00AA||170, 0, 170|
- Feudalism - My best son, I call him Richard the Lionhearted.
- Constitutional Monarchism - A weak son with recent success, I call him John.
- Absolute Monarchism - A strong son who's been failing recently, I call him Jeffrey.
- Monarcho-Capitalism - My business minded son, I call him Chandler.
- Monarcho-Socialism - My son who cares for the peasants, I call him Jack.
- Conservatism - Depending on context, he defends me.
- Satirism - Ah, there's my court jester!
Limit yourself to the nobles and the peasants or someone will wake up with a noose tied to their neck!
- Imperialism - I like it when he helps me & hate it when he invades me.
- Elective Monarchism - God, are the nobility annoying!
- Mercantilism - Exports good, imports bad. Just quit conquering my friends, you big, bumbling buffoon!
- Anarcho-Monarchism - My weird son.
- Enlightenment - Dirty peasant kicked me off my own estate!
- Roman Republicanism - Backstabbing senators killed my Caesar!
- Jacobinism - Get that guillotine away from me!
- Marxism–Leninism - You destroyed the Romanov dynasty! Filthy red bastards!
- Illuminatism - HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I AM NOT YOUR PUPPET, JUST A LITTLE WORD TO YOU YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR DUMB MOUTH SHUT!
- Kritarchy - What do you mean I have been judged guilty of murdering 19 children and multiple instances of genocide, incestuous relationships and forced marriage?
- Herodotus Debate by Herodotus
- De Monarchia by Dante Alighieri
- Politics by Aristotle
- A worthy panegyrick upon monarchy written anonymously
- The six bookes of a commonweale by Jean Bodin
- Patriarcha: or the Natural Power of Kings by Sir Robert Filmer
- Constitutional Monarchy
- Absolute Monarchy
- International Monarchists League
Examples of Monarchies and Royal Families
- British Royal Family
- England :
- Great Britain
- Rurik Dynasty
- House of Bernadotte
- Norwegian Royal Family
- Danish Royal Family
- House of Orange-Nassau
- Imperial House of Japan
- Chakri Dynasty
- House of Saud
- House of Thani
- House of Sabah
- House of Bolkiah
- Pahlavi Dynasty
- House of Romanov
- House of Bourbon
- Malay Rulers in Malaysia:
- House of Hohenzollern
- House of Zhao
- House of Zhu
- House of Aisin-Gioro
- House of Habsburg-Lorraine
- House of Norodom
- House of Solomon
- House of Yi
- House of Dlamini
- Ottoman Dynasty
- House of Grimaldi
- House of Liechtenstein
Credit: K-Tech, Source
Credit: u/Based_and_Jedpilled, Source
Credit: u/duy_physics, Source