Marxist Feminism is a culturally revolutionary, economically left wing ideology who focuses on women's emancipation, gender equality, intersectionality, and the liberation of women through feminism and socialism.
She here is depicted as a more authoritarian Marxist, though She need not be.
Marxist Feminism belives that the opression of women is directly caused and reinforced by Capitalism in order to increase the exploitation of the working class. According to Marxist Feminists, Patriarchy allows Capitalists to both keep female workers underpaid by threatening to replace them with "better working" men, as well as also more exploit male workers by threatening to replace them with "less demanding" women. So, by intentionally putting male and female workers at odds with each other bourgeoisie are preventing the proletariat from uniting against them.
MarxFem also argues that on top of the regular Capitalist exploitation female workers are also additionally exploited by domestic work (the so called "kitchen slavery"). So, in order to reach a true gender equality the burden of housework and caretaking should be taken away from women to collective social servises, such as kindergartens, public kitchens, and public laundries.
Additionally, a lot of Marxist Feminists are opposed to family unit and the institution of marriage. According them, family was fundamentally created as a way to secure and reinforce private property rights, and marriage is a form of legalizing the woman's status as a property. As an alternative to family, Marxist Feminism advocates for sexual liberation and Free Love, while making raising children the responsibility of the whole community, rather than individual parents.
Marxist Feminism despises Bourgeois Feminism, saying that female Capitalists are oppressing the working women just as much as the male ones do. It also opposes Radical Feminist idea that the social status of women is somehow linked to their innate biological qualities, arguing of it instead being the direct product of the class society.
How to Draw
The design of Marxist Feminism is a combination of the venus symbol (♀) to represent feminism and a hammer and sickle (☭) to represent Marxism. It uses a red and gold color scheme, which represents socialism.
- Draw a ball,
- Fill it with red,
- Draw a gold sickle, intersected with a gold venus symbol (♀),
- Add the eyes,
- Add a red and gold bow, and you're done!
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
|Gold||#FFD700||255, 215, 0|
- Marxism - Working women of all countries, unite!
- Leninism - Thank you for helping me liberating the Russian women, comrade! Please, stop calling me "degenerate" for my views on free love.
- Marxism–Leninism - A revolution without a great brother and emancipation isn't a revolution, also he is the one who makes good food.
- Feminism - She is a great mother.
- Council Communism - "Miracles of enthusiasm to stimulate the productive forces and alleviate working conditions can only be performed by the initiative of the workers themselves, provided it is not restricted and repressed at every step by a hierarchy of permissions and decrees"- Alexandra Kollontai, 1921.
- Luxemburgism - A great feminist and Marxist!
- Maoism - Women hold up half of the sky.
- Hoxhaism - Socialist Albania is based.
- Anarcha-Feminism - You need a proletarian state to crush the patriarchy.
- Conservative Socialism - I like your economic policies but why are you so Conservative?
- Libertarian Feminism - She is just a capitalist bitch. But she's actually nice, and she is kinda cool for letting women do whatever they want, to crush the patriarchy.
- Liberal Feminism - One, she's a capitalist pawn and two, I hate liberals and no I don't want female drone pilots in anything.
But I really like the Night Witches
- Capitalism - You dirty pig! You make women get less pay!
- Conservatism - Sexist pig.
- Conservative Feminism - Fake feminist.
- Maternalism - You are such a cringe. The woman can only be truely free, when families no longer exist!
- Radical Feminism - "One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman." - Simone de Beauvoir
- Objectivism - "fEmInIsM iS cOlLeCtIvIsT" Yes
- Hoppeanism - Sums up everything wrong with the patriarchal capitalist system.
- National Feminism - why in earth you are Even real
- Patriarchy - Gulag the patriarchy..
- Neoliberalism - Imperialist garbage who don't care about working women in their sweatshops.
- Thatcherism - There're should be no such thing as "family": there's only society.
- Manosphere - Filthy incel, probably just another Alt-Right Nazi, wait, what is this talk about establishing "Sexual-Marxism", and calling me a "Genetic-Kulak"? Where the heck are you taking me? The "Sex-Gulags"??? What reactionary BS are you talki- WAIT... NOOOOOO! I DON'T WANNA BE BRED! NOOOOOOOOO!
- Love of Worker Bees by Alexandra Kollontai
- Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich
- Bait and Switch by Barbara Ehrenreich
- The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
- No Logo by Naomi Klein
- International Socialist Conferences of Women Workers by Alexandra Kollontai
- The Social Basis of the Woman Question by Alexandra Kollontai
- Women Workers Struggle For Their Rights by Alexandra Kollontai
- The Autobiography of a Sexually Emancipated Communist Woman by Alexandra Kollontai
- The Soviet Woman — a Full and Equal Citizen of Her Country by Alexandra Kollontai
- Meat Market: Female Flesh Under Capitalism by Laurie Penny
- Women, Race and Class by Angela Davis
- Feminism and the Marxist Movement by Mary-Alice Waters
- Transgender Marxism by Jules Joanne Gleeson, Elle O’Rourke, and Jordy Rosenberg
- The Woman Question by Paul Lafargue
- Philisophical Trends in the Feminist Movement by Anuradha Ghandy
- The Emancipation of Women from the writings of V.I. Lenin