Marhaenism is a economically left political ideology developed by the First President of Indonesia Sukarno, as a form from socio-Nationalism, socio-Democracy, national unity, culture, collectivist economics, and is formally defined as "Marxism adapted to Indonesian conditions" or just "Marxism with Indonesian Characteristics".
The economic system of Marhaenism, goods that are not/have been needed will not be produced, because everyone in the household certainly ensures the profile and level of its own needs before making anything, sort of a more civilian approach to Autarky.
Although generally thought of as a more radical version of what is essentially Agrarian Socialism, Marhaenism itself as said by Soekarno, is a third-position styled belief. it mixed Indonesian Ultranationalism, American Rights of independence, and Marxist Ideals from the Communist Manifesto.
It is common to mistake Marhaenism as something that isn't as wacky as national bolshevism, although it can be seen that it is inherently Ultranationalistic, as seen in Sukarno's policies on the acts of Konfrontasi and general policies of anti-western and anti-eastern influences. in 1960, as according to Soekarno's own words in the UN General Court, he specifically stated that his own personal ideology was a sublimation between both Russian-styled Bolshevism and American-styled Nationalism, added with a mix of Pancasila.
The origin of the term "Marhaen" was considered debatable, as there are several variations of the origin accepted, which are:
- From a farmer named Marhaen who lived in Bandung, West Java visited by Bung Karno in between 1926-1927
- From Surkano's speech Indonesia Menggugat which suggested the term "marhaen" to substitute the term "proletariat"
- From the abbreviation "Marx-Hegel-Engels", suggested by Soegiarso Soerojo.
Marhaenist is portrayed as having the personality of Sukarno; radiant, charismatic, and confident.
Just like Sukarno in real life, the ideology itself despised Western colonialism and Eastern Imperialism, although funny enough, Sukarno has a soft spot for Japanese Imperialism
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Color it with a tricoloured style flag, being dark red on two ends and white in the middle.
- Draw a huge light-red star in the middle.
- Draw the marhaenist symbol, a triangle with outer black colour and inner white colour.
- Then draw the red-black triangle symbolizing the PNI.
- (optional) Add in the the name of the PNI-Marhaen Front in the bottom of the symbol.
- Draw red-coloured beret.
- Draw a pin of the indonesian flag embroidened into it.
- (optional) You could always draw a songkok instead of the beret.
- Add eyes or sunglasses.
- Marxism - My Ibu.
- Titoism - Non-Aligned Kawan!
- Arab Socialism - Another non-aligned Kawan!
- Islamic Socialism - Based!
- Islamic Marxism - Even more based! Super gamer!
- Castroism - Fellow Socialist and Soekarno's best friend.
- Pancasila - My more religious brother. Maybe a bit more religious than others.
- Authoritarianism - Even though you're good at stabilizing the country, you're just going to make more suffering. Still necessary though.
- Capitalism - You're just exploiting farmers and the poor. shame of you.
- Imperialism - Forced labor, killings, exploitation, and many others. shame of you too.
- Neoconservatism - You aided Suharto in his mass murder against communists. shame of you three.
- Suhartoism - F*** you, Suharto!
- Liberalism - Ew. Liberalism is sh*t.