Liquid Democracy is a system of democracy where voters have the choice to vote directly or delegate their vote to another individual.
Choice of role: People have the right to choose to act as an individual or as a delegate. This is the main difference between liquid democracy and other forms of democracy. In this way, people can be selective about their political participation in different political areas.
Low barrier to participation: It is easy and cheap for delegates to become delegates. It is not necessary to win an election to become one, avoiding large electoral expenses.
Delegated authority: Delegates vote for themselves and for the individuals who choose them as their delegate. Your decision-making power varies based on your varying support.
Individual privacy: Votes are completely secret to avoid buying votes or coercion.
Accountability of delegates: Unlike individuals who have complete privacy, decisions made by delegates are (generally) public to their constituents and to the community at large.
Specialization by redelegation: Delegates can not only act on behalf of individuals as generalists, but through redelegation they can also act on behalf of each other as specialists.
How to Draw
- Draw a bottle.
- Fill the bottom half of the bottle with blue for the liquid.
- Fill the red area with spots of red and green. The same colors as Democracy. Make it look like a bunch of colorful liquids all swimming around inside of it.
- Draw in the eyes.
|Green||#21B14C||33, 177, 76|
|Blue||#3F47CB||63, 71, 203|
|Red||#EC1D24||236, 29, 36|
- Draw a glass
- Fill it with blue
- Draw two small dots with bigger half circles: one on the left and one on the right.
- Below the left half-circle, draw a long arrow, below the right, draw a short arrow and two rounded rectangles, the shorter on top of the longer one.
- Add the eyes and you're done
- Democracy - Daddy!
- Anarchism and Ergatocracy - Horizontal distribution of power. Based!
- Scientocracy - Gas democracy! That's what I'll name my firstborn! That is not a fling.
- Demarchy - Random choice, weird.
- Totalitarianism - No choice, bad.
- Kakistocracy - OH GOD DON'T DRINK ME!!!
- Đorđe Martinović - Oh boy, I sure do love being an empty glass bottle... Greetings Mr. Martinović, what are you going to d-
- - I'm gonna shove you up my bum and blame it on the Albanians.
- - YOU WHAT?!
- Titoism - NO IT WASN'T MY FAULT THAT I SPLIT UP YUGOSLAVIA! WHY DO YOU BLAME ME FOR FRACTURING UP YOUR NATION JUST BECAUSE I LITERALLY FRACTURED IN SOME FARMER'S RECTUM?!
- Liquid Democracy: True Democracy for the 21st Century
- Liquid democracy: Blockchains and governance in the post nation-state era
Greek Liquid Democracy