Liberation Theology is an ideology and form of Christian theology that is economically and culturally left-wing. It seeks to liberate all oppressed peoples, particularly the poor, but certain variations focus more on categories like race, gender, or caste. While it is most prevalent in Latin America, there are also significant liberation theology movements in The United States, South Africa, Namibia, India, South Korea, and Palestine, all of which have differences between each other.
The United States
How to Draw
- Draw a Ball.
- Draw a Red line dividing the ball horizontally into two.
- Fill the top half with Red, and the bottom half with Black.
- Draw a large White cross in the middle of it's body.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
- Christian Theocracy and Catholic Theocracy - The savior is our lord and guide.
- Christian Socialism - Christ shall liberate us from hunger and poverty.
- Religious Feminism - All people are equal under the lord.
- Progressivism - We must emancipate all from oppression.
- Christian Democracy - Based, even better than Christian Theocracy.
- Indigenism - Indigenous peoples must be liberated from oppression. You should be more accepting to the teachings of Christ though.
- Social Democracy - He wants to help the poor.
- Marxism - Your class analysis helped me understand how the world works, but why are you against religion?
- Marxism–Leninism - The ELN is based, but you're usually very hostile to religion.
- Native South-American Paganism - An unenlightened heathen, though religious syncretism could be very useful to make conversion easier.
- Neozapatismo - I admire your drive but you don't liberate your communities by burning churches.
- Caste System - Oppressive heathen!
- State Atheism - You don't understand that religion is a tool for liberation.
- Clerical Fascism and Positive Christianity - Oppressors who bastardize Christianity.
- Christian Right - You claim to love God, yet, you leave the poor and oppressed to suffer, while you enrich yourself.
- Imperialism - The people must be liberated from imperialism and colonialism.
- Neoliberalism - Stop exploiting the global poor for your own materialistic greed!
- Neoconservatism - Stop financing corrupt oppressive dictators and terrorist genocidal paramilitaries!
- Satanic Theocracy - Why?
- Ethnocacerism - I understand your anger, but returning to salvagism and barbarity isn't the right choice.
- Racial Nationalism - Christians must combat racism.
- Plutocracy - Oppressors who manipulate The Word of God into a religion of money & greed.
- Pinochetism - Fake Catholic who wants to take me on a 'helicopter ride'.
- A Theology of Liberation by Gustavo Gutiérrez
- Risks of Faith: the Emergence of a Black Theology of Liberation by James H. Cone
- Introducing Liberation Theology by Leonardo and Clodovis Boff
- On the Side of the Poor: The Theology of Liberation by Gustavo Gutiérrez
- Liberation Theology for Armchair Theologians by Miguel A. De La Torre
- Liberation theology