Liberaltarianism is a political ideology that combines principles both from Modern Liberalism and Libertarianism. It's a mostly utilitarian ideology that believes in relatively small government, non-atomistic individualism, a live and let live philosophy, the ease of doing business and free markets, but accompanied with the more paternalistic approach of Modern Liberalism, arguing that full on laissez-faire economics aren't the way to go, and aim for a more moderate view.
This more paternalistic approach in regard to markets is also applied to government welfare programs. Contrary to most libertarians, they wouldn't advocate for the abolition of all welfare programs, nor, as many modern liberals, would they advocate for large-scale socialization of services such as healthcare. Instead, they try to advocate for a more moderate approach in these topics, such as a school voucher system or a compulsory private health insurance system.
In most issues, they'll usually advocate for an in-between of the liberal and the libertarian proposal, without exactly siding with either or fitting into either group.
Left-Liberaltarianism is the more moderate form of left-libertarianism. It's pretty much a libertarian-leaning version of the views shared by either the mainstream centre-left or more moderate liberal socialists, wishing to incorporate their basic principles within a fairly small state.
Right-Liberaltarianism is the more moderate form of right-libertarianism. It acts as the middle ground between the highly laissez-faire philosophy of right-libertarianism and more moderate forms of market liberalism , sharing some or most of the rhetoric associated with right-libertarians while not viewing state welfare and regulations as an inherent negative.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Fill in with blue,
- Draw a coiling rattlesnake and a variation of "Don't tread on me" yellow,
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Blue||#007BD6||0, 123, 214|
|Yellow||#EED800||238, 216, 0|
- Draw a ball,
- Fill it with yellow,
- Draw the Liberalism's symbol in black,
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Yellow||#FAFF00||250, 255, 0|
|Black||#202020||32, 32, 32|
- Liberalism - Human rights for all, but slow down with the socialization of certain services.
- Libertarianism - Free markets are really cool, but complete laissez-faire might not be the way to go either.
- Social Libertarianism - A slightly more left-leaning version of me. Can go a little too far for me sometimes though.
- Classical Liberalism - Love you, even if you are my grandparent twice.
I'm not inbred!
- Ordo-Liberalism & Social Capitalism - Freiburg school, perfect economic policies.
- Neoliberalism - Based! Near perfection!
- Chicago School - You have great ideas like voucher system and negative income tax.
- Civic Nationalism - My type of Nationalism!
- Civil Libertarianism - I like his ideas, even if he's more progressive in some areas.
- Helvetic Model - Good pal, even if a bit conservative at times.
- Georgism - Henry George was a great man with great ideas!
- Social Liberalism - You've got some really nice ideas, although your ideal state is a little too big, and most people would confuse me with you.
- Nordic Model - Similar to the guy above. You're overall pretty ok, but I'm not really the biggest fan of corporatist economics.
- Social Democracy - Slow down with all that spending thing buddy.
- Third Way - Please ease off all that military spending man! Besides that you're pretty cool.
- National Liberalism - Surprisingly not bad, for a nationalist.
- National Libertarianism - Way too culturally right-wing, but apparently is tied with me in Slovakia. Also, tell that thing to piss off and we're good.
- Libertarian Conservatism - I don't like the Republicans that much, but at least you have some good civic views.
- Marxism–Leninism - Neither human rights nor economic freedom. Just no...
- National Bolshevism - This ain't it, chief.
- Nazarbayevism - F-CK YOU FOR BANNING THE DEMOCRATIC CHOICE OF KAZAKHSTAN!
- Authoritarian Conservatism - Wants a dictatorship AND traditional values? This is just awful...
- Reactionary Liberalism - Ah yes... Because reactionary traditions, ultranationalism, anti-feminism and banning same-sex marriage are the most liberal ideas in history. But seriously though, having economically liberal views doesn't automatically make you one of us.
- Alt-Lite - Same as above. You're being edgy just for the sake of being edgy.
- Reactionary Libertarianism - Bro, are you serious?
- Neoconservatism - LEAVE AFGHANISTAN!
Wait, you actually did it?
- Neo-Libertarianism - How are you even a libertarian?
People and Parties
- Libertarian Democrat
- Freedom and Solidarity
- Jared Polis
- Bill Maher
- Cory Booker
- Democratic Choice of Kazakhstan
- Liberal Initiative
- Italian Radicals
- The Rise of the 'Liberaltarian'
- The Liberaltarian Democrats
- The Future of Liberaltarianism
- Democratic freedom caucus principles