Not to be confused with Progressivism and/or Libertarianism.
Liberal Democracy (LibDem) or just Liberalism (Lib) is a centrist, usually Culturally Center to culturally left ideology (although there are also some culturally right liberal ideologies like Reactionary Liberalism or Conservative Liberalism) which is regarded as being the "dominant ideology within the Western world. He is also dominant in some countries in Africa, although most African countries usually are social democratic or authoritarian. There is not much liberalism in Asia, except in Taiwan.
Though liberalism is rather vaguely defined, and its definition alters depending on when and where the term is used, it is typically associated with values such as multiparty democracy, civil liberties, secularism, progressivism, internationalism, and a market-based economy.
What separates Liberal Democracy from Classical Liberalism is an emphasis on social justice and social equality as compared with its predecessor. Liberalism tends to support moderate means-tested welfare targeted at the poor to ensure people can meet basic human needs. He, also with his dad, Classical Liberal, influences a lot of liberal ideologies.
Liberalism is often shown getting easily angered or "triggered" by others and is shown to not be the biggest fan of violence. He is often schooled in debates.
However, he also has a secretive, wiser side that often acts philosophical and just.
How to Draw
Liberalism's design is based on a flag designed by u/Aransentin on r/neoliberal. The golden circle represents the world with the bars representing the invisible hand of the free market reaching around.
- Draw a ball with Eyes
- Make it blue (preferably (#006aa7) shade of blue)
- Draw a golden/yellow circle (#ffd700) and then make dents in it of the blue color. (Symbolizes the world being held by the invisible hand of the market)
|Blue||#006AA7||0, 106, 167|
|Gold||#FFE680||255, 230, 128|
- Classical Liberalism - Love you dad! Just regulate that economy a bit more, okay?
- Social Liberalism - My welfare-loving, progressive nephew. I helped teach him everything he knows.
- Social Democracy - Like the above, except a little bit extreme at times. I'm still really glad you chose me over them.
- Neoliberalism - Son, you helped preserve my ideas when the world was on the verge of forgetting them. You’re my primary ideological successor, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
You also know more about economics than any of my other children.
- Liberal Conservatism - Tradition and freedom.
- Liberal Feminism - Me, but feminist
- Green Liberalism - My green counterpart.
- Social Libertarianism - Free markets and moderated social justice are the center of the democratic system.
- Third Way - One of my most successful variants in recent years.
- Christian Democracy & Islamic Democracy - My religious children!
Even though the latter often degenerates into authoritarian ideologies like Erdoganism.
- Radicalism - Me, but radical, but at least not extreme.
- European Federalism - The European project is one of my biggest achievements, just federalize and get rid of some bureaucracies and you’ll be perfect.
- Moderate Environmentalism - The BEST form of environmentalism.
- Progressivism - I like your social values, but hate it when people confuse me with you, also drop down the socialism stuff please.
- Liberal Socialism - I like your dedication to liberal values, but socialism, I don't really like it... At least we both like attacking chuds on twitter for holding different views though.
- National Liberalism - I appreciate your support for civil liberties, but your nationalism scares me.
- Conservative Liberalism - Aren't you LibCon again? No? Oh well.
- Anti-Fascism - Look, I'm an anti-fascist too, but can you stop being so violent and beating up anyone who disagrees with you? Why dedicate actual time fighting people when we can go on twitter and peacefully complain about it. (Also, I like capitalism, can't you see that just a few reforms on healthcare would make America better?)
- Kemalism - I am grateful to Atatürk for getting Fethi Okyar to found the Liberal Republican Party, but statism is stupid. Ataturk was too authoritarian but was better than the reactionary cuck Erdogan. At least modern Kemalists supports me.
- Chiang Kai-shek Thought - Lei Chen, Tsiang Tingfu, and Hu Shih supported you against the commies, but why tf did you shut down the Free China Journal? Also, the white terror was mega cringe.
- Borisism - Tbh, you confuse me a lot. Are you a libcon or a Trumpist? Brexit and right-wing populism are cringe, but at least you have some progressive social takes and centrist economic policies Ig. I still prefer the Lib Dems over you even though I support you against Corbyn the old twat.
- State Liberalism - NO YOU ARE NOT A LIBERAL! YOU ARE A DESPOT WITH PINK PAINT!
- National Socialism - Genocidal fascist maniac who killed tens of millions of innocent people.
- Marxism–Leninism - A totally failed ideology that killed tens of millions.
- National Bolshevism - Literally Nazi Communism. Now I've seen everything...
- Fourth Theory - Same as above.
- Conservative Socialism - Moderate version of above.
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Cultural progressivism is fine, but good God, you're insane!
- Reactionarism - Why the f*ck do you want to return to the Dark Ages?!? You are just as insane as the guy above btw.
- Mercantilism - You've had your time, now I'm the status quo, deal with it!
- Trumpism - Ugh, disgusting. Please cool it with the reactionary populism.
- Reactionary Liberalism - Just because we have the same views on economics doesn't make you one of us.
- Maoism - Totalitarian genocidal commie who starved millions of his own people.
- Stalinism - Same as the above, but somehow a bureaucratic nightmare.
- Dengism - Better than Mao but never forget Tiananmen Square Massacre. I’ll also never forgive for you conducting a literal genocide in Xinjiang.
- Ilminism - Why in god’s name did you always want to assassinate and prosecute my followers?
- Neo-Ottomanism - Why are you trying to bring Turkey backward culturally and religiously and arrest thousands of people in the emergency and those journalists just because they criticized you? Turkey once held more journalists in custody than China. Your authoritarian conservative behaviors are just completely unacceptable. Atatürk was far better than you.
- | The Globalization Paradox: Democracy and the Future of the World Economy by Dani Rodrik
- Discourse on Inequality & The Social Contract by Jean-Jacque Rousseau
- Emile, or On Education by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- John Locke (1672-1704) UK
- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) USA
- Max Weber (1864-1920) Germany
- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945) USA
- John Maynard Keynes (1883-1946) United Kingdom
- Harry S. Truman (1884-1972) USA
- Hu Shih (1891-1962) Republic of China
- Robert Menzies (1894-1978) Australia
- Tsiang Ting-fu (1895-1965) Republic of China
- Lei Chen (1897-1979) Republic of China
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963) USA
- Lyndon B. Johnson (1908-1973) USA
- Karl Popper (1902-1994) Austria/ UK
- Pierre Trudeau (1919-2000) Canada
- Kim Dae-jung (1924-2009) South Korea
- Anthony Giddens (1949-) UK
- Jimmy Carter (1924-) USA
- George Soros (1930-) Hungary/ USA
- Bill Clinton (1946-) USA
- Hillary Clinton (1947-) USA
- Francis Fukuyama (1952-) USA
- Christopher Hitchens (1949-) UK/ USA
- Carl Bildt (1949-) Sweden
- Al Gore (1948-) USA
- Tony Blair (1953-) UK
- Fredrik Reinfeldt (1965-) Sweden
- Elon Musk (1971-) South Africa/ Canada
- Barack Obama (1961-) USA
- Mark Rutte (1967-) Netherlands
- Nancy Pelosi (1940-) USA
- Stephen Colbert (1964-) USA
- Julia Gillard (1961-) Australia
- Rachel Maddow (1973-) USA
- Emmanuel Macron (1977-) France
- Justin Trudeau (1971-) Canada
- Moon Jae-in (1953-) South Korea
- Aung San Suu Kyi (1945-) Myanmar
- Tsai Ing-wen (1956-) Taiwan
- Joko Widodo (1961-) Indonesia
- Christian Lindner (1979-) Germany
- Joshua Wong (1996-) Hong Kong
- Andrew Yang (1975-) USA
- Joe Biden (1942-) USA
- Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya (1982-) Belarus
- Alexei Navalny (1976-) Russia
- Yair Lapid (1963-) Israel
Error creating thumbnail: File with dimensions greater than 12.5 MP
Credit: u/duy_physics, Source