Leninism, also known as Orthodox Leninism or Bolshevism, is an authoritarian, economically far-left socialist and communist ideology based on the beliefs of Russian revolutionary and first leader of the Soviet Union Vladimir Lenin. He believes in the establishment of a Dictatorship of the Proletariat led by a Revolutionary Vanguard Party. He wants the full abolishment of private property and is in favor of socialist publicly owned property.
The Russian Revolution was a revolution that formed the first Marxist state by eliminating Tsar Nicholas II in 1917. Before the revolution, Russia was in a complicated situation, high social inequalities, lack of freedom, absolutism, extreme poverty, illiteracy, remnants of feudalism, backwardness compared to other countries, exhausting work with several hours and among countless other problems. One of the first oppositions emerged with the Russian Social Democratic Labor Party (RSDLP) of a Marxist and democratic socialist nature founded by Vladimir Lenin but ended up being considered illegal by the Empire, in which Lenin ended up fleeing to other European countries. Subsequently, the party split into two wings, the more radical Bolsheviks (Russian "Majority") and the more moderate Mensheviks (Russian "Minority").
The empire was already losing popularity among the people, in which there were protests in 1905 in Saint Petersburg, but it was violently repressed with the imperial guard shooting and killing hundreds, in what became known as Bloody Sunday. After the massacre, the people were furious against the tsar, culminating in the revolution of 1905, causing the tsar to create the Duma (parliament) as a way to alleviate the situation, allowing parties. Many historians claim that the revolution of 1905 was a "rehearsal" for that of 1917. In 1907, some revolutionaries were arrested or had to flee (like Lenin, again). way to calm the protests and increase patriotism against an outside enemy, but it was a disaster due to the high number of casualties and the death of 1,600,000-1,800,000 soldiers, destroying what was left of Russia (economy, infrastructure, quality of life, etc was completely destroyed), causing the tsar himself to command the army in 1915 leaving his wife to rule the country, in which they accused her of treason for being German and also of the Romanov family being influenced by Grigori Rasputin, being assassinated in 1916. numerous protests, rebellions, and increased tensions, in which there was a demonstration in 1917, in which the guard was called to repress, but ended up allying with the protesters, which in March of the same year took place the Revolution of February (calendar difference), overthrowing the Tzar and the monarchs. A provisional government formed by the Duma and led by Alexander Kerensky was formed, in addition to the influence of the Petrograd Soviet (dual power). Kerensky's provisional government ended up granting amnesty to political prisoners and establishing democracy with a secret vote, but continued into World War I, in which at the behest of the German government to destabilize Russia, Lenin returned to Russia, promising "Peace, Land and Bread". ", that in October of the same year, there was the October Revolution, overthrowing the provisional government and Lenin taking power. The Bolsheviks became the communist party and took measures in this direction, in addition to exiting the First World War, which, even losing the elections, remained in power and repressed opponents (turning into a dictatorship).
Several opponents of Lenin, some ex-Mensheviks, pro-church and pro-empire formed the white army, while the communists formed the red army led by Leon Trotsky. The white army took most of the country (Siberia), but the whites had several internal divergences, the red army took the smallest part (the European part), but the was "better part", in which it had more industries, population, a better climate, etc. and it had few internal divergences. There were also Greens who were against everyone and wanted centrism and Blacks who were anarchists, who took Ukraine but later supported the Reds. There was also the execution of the Romanov family. Both sides committed massacres and atrocities, known as White Terror and Red Terror. There was the consolidation of the USSR, there were the so-called revolutionary courts that tried, arrested, or executed the "counter-revolutionaried".
After the civil war, Soviet Russia merged with other Soviet states, including the Ukraine SSR, and formed the Soviet Union. The brutal civil war severely devastated the Russian economy and caused the The Great Russian Famine. Lenin saw the flaws of War Communism and realized that socialism could not be built in such a short time frame. He, therefore, enacted the New Economic Policy, which he described as “ State Capitalism”. The NEP allowed small and medium enterprises to operate and allowed the existence of private property. This economic policy oversaw the restoration of pre-war production and sustained economic growth.
After the revolution, communism began to take influence, parties and movements in Europe, bringing the first red fear, eventually electing fascist and anti-communist leaders later. There are currently several debates and controversies regarding the Russian Revolution, with some extolling Lenin as a liberator of the oppressed from capitalism, others as a genocidal dictator who led the Russian people to misery and others considering him as a state capitalist because of the NEP.
Lenin talks about the structure of a Vanguard in What is to Be Done. The Vanguard is a structure to be taken by a social class (in this case, the Proletariat), in order to exert political power and force against the former oppressive class/classes (in this case, the Aristocracy and Bourgeoisie). This form of organization involves the most revolutionary minds of the class form organizations known as the revolutionary Vanguard, to gather in the great portion of the working class in a unified political movement. This organization serves the function of:
1) Organizing the Proletariat, by educating the masses and instilling revolutionary class consciousness in them.
2) Defending Marxism against reactionary forces and hostile political systems present, by a revolutionary organisation lead by the most class-conscious of the workers for organizational unity and coherence.
3) Via the process of Democratic Centralism, organize the party through professional revolutionaries so that the Vanguard can both defend itself from other classes and organize and coordinate the workers for the Revolutionary takeover of power.
He argued this form of organization was necessary because of the observation of the working class in Western Europe not developing revolutionary class consciousness in mass and explained this phenomenon based on the division of labor and long working hours of workers causing this to happen. Nevertheless, Lenin believed that the working class could be organized into a revolutionary force, and the necessary tool for this was an organization that could draw in the masses toward a unified and coherent struggle.
Theory of Imperialism
Revolution and the Dictatorship of the Proletariat
Views on Other Ideologies
Leninism usually wears Lenin’s famous cap which he’s seen in many photos with.
He likes shooting Tsars and Royals like Monarchism.
He has memorized all of Lenin’s works from beginning to end.
How to DrawLeninism's design is based on the flag of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic between the years 1918 to 1927 when Vladimir Lenin was its leader.
- Draw a ball with eyes and fill it red.
- Add a Horizontal red rectangle with a yellow border in the top left corner.
- Add the Russian letters 'РсФсР' in the rectangle.
- (Optional) Draw Lenin’s cap.
- Marxism - Greatly inspired me and taught me a lot of stuff. I greatly thank him and admire him!
- Left-Wing Populism - Land to the Peasants! Factories to the Workers! Peace to the People! Power to the Soviets!
Though most of your modern proponents are mensheviks or even dirty succdems.
- Left Communism - Your criticism of Turruti and Co. was correct, but your conclusion from said criticism was wrong.
- Rosa Luxemburg - Rest in power, Rosa! But Ukraine should be independent...
- Particracy - Democratic Centralism by the worker's soviets is the way to go.
- Marxist Feminism - Fellow revolutionary! I was very progressive and massively improved women's rights! The first general secretary of the Soviet Union is a woman too.
- Ergatocracy - Every cook must learn how to govern the state!
- CPC - Our Chinese comrades must join the Kuomintang to fuel the fires of a communist revolution in the future.
- Trotskyism - While I appreciate you leaving the Mensheviks for me, and your competent leadership of the military in the Civil War, a lot of your essays were half-Menshevik and quite wrong.
- Bukharinism - While you were an important member of the party you never grasped dialectics.
- Julius Martov - You and I were friends, but your political views are nothing but philistine ramblings.
- Stalin - While you were an old and important member of the Bolshevik party, why did you purge the Old Bolsheviks and not listen to Tukhachevsky's orders in the Polish-Soviet War? You managed to industrialize the Soviet Union and defeat fascists, nice job. Still...The victory of socialism in one country is impossible as socialism is the abolition of classes as you even said in your letter to Kouchtyssev.
- NEP (Post-revolution) - Look, I'm going to use you as means to an end...
- Market Socialism - Same as the above.
- Tridemism - A revolutionary democrat, endowed with nobility and heroism... but he rejected Marxism and most of his followers aren’t supportive of communism.
- Karl Kautsky - You influenced me in the 2nd International. However, you have become nothing but a renegade after the 1st World War.
Because you abandoned your ideas that I still defended.
- Kemalism - We helped you in the Turkish war of independence and you are a fellow anti-imperialist and a progressive. But you aren't a supporter of Communism. Why? Don't you know the best way to fight Imperialism is Communism?
- Bismarckism - Reactionary German imperialist. Thanks for the train back to Russia though.
- Vperedism - More good than bad. But how can you think that the peasants have no role in the revolution!?
- Blanquism - WE ARE NOT THE SAME!!!
Stil we are similar than I think.
- Monarchism - I still remember when I overthrew you ХАХАХА! Good riddance scum.
- Democratic Socialism - Menshevik scum!
- Socialist Revolutionarism - Stop blaming me for banning Left SRs: we tried to work together, but then they attempted to coup me!
- Monarcho-Socialism - What?
- Reformist Marxism - Philistine! Renegade! Opportunist! You thinks that you can transform the bourgeois state to a proletarian one, disgusting!
- Infantile disorder - What "Left-wing" rubbish! Please forget the fact that I called Pannekoek the representative of Marxism.
- Capitalism - You are the enemy of the people! One day the workers will once again rise against you, filthy kulak! Mark my words!
Thanks for the improved economy though.
- Imperialism - The highest stage of Capitalism.
- Fascism - Ah yes, Fascism. The building blocks for pretty much most cancerous ideologies. You need to step into the pit for once.
- National Socialism - Same as Fascism but worse. You aren’t a socialist. You just made up your own ideology with inspirations from Fascism and called yourself Socialism, German Fascism is what you truly are.
- Black Hundredism - Tsarist AND Fascist? Get the bullet, reactionary scum! Also, Korenizatsiya goes brrrr, stay mad, Great Russian Chauvinist.
- Putinism - I did not invent Ukraine, you chauvinist. I still don't get why my great-great-grandson kinda likes you. Hey reactionary... give Ukraine independence and stop saying I made it!
- Social Democracy - Opportunist! Also, shame on you to be indifferent to witness Stratocracy murder Rosa!
- Reactionary Socialism - A relic of the past, Feudalism's sad attempt to co-opt socialism to restore itself.
- Anarcho-Communism - Petit-bourgeois naïve anarkiddy. We failed to cooperate unsurprisingly.
- National Liberalism - Native bourgeoisie tool for conquering with sword and fire new markets for the national industry.
- Venizelism - Social fascist version of above who tried to destroy me in his country.
- National Bolshevism - Counter-revolutionary scums! I exiled Ustryalov for being an opportunist that worked with Kolchak.
- Mladorossism - Annoying reactionary monarchist LARPer who really likes me for some reason. Stalin was right to send you and your supporters to the gulag.
- Libertarian Feminism - Don't you know that capitalism and prostitution are fundamentally anti-woman? Also, contrary to popular belief, I didn't massacre sex workers. I said the shortened form of "political prostitute", which referred to political opponents and opportunists.
- Pink Capitalism - The struggles of oppressed groups are not for you to take advantage of and commodify!
- White Nationalism - Reactionary rats that make conspiracy theories of me being a Judeo-Bolshevik or whatever.
- Conservatism - Counter-revolutionaries.
- Nationalism - While I support Korenizatya, I oppose nationalism as it divides the working class.
- Sanationism - Poland must become a socialist republic!
Works by Vladimir Lenin
- Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism
- "Left-Wing" Communism: An Infantile Disorder
- The State And Revolution
- What Is To Be Done?
- Lenin's Philosophical Notebooks
- The Right of Nations to Self-Determination
- The Proletarian Revolution and the Renegade Kautsky
- The Emancipation of Women
- Essential Works of Lenin
- Economics And Politics In The Era Of The Dictatorship Of The Proletariat
Works by other Writers
- Leninism by Neil Harding
- Lenin Rediscovered: What is to be Done? In Context by Lars T. Lih
- Vladimir Lenin
- October Revolution
- Russian Civil War
- Red Terror
- w:Democratic_centralism Democratic Centralism
- Dual Power
- National Liberation
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1917/staterev/ch06.htm#s3
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1906/dec/20.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1899/mar/kautsky.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1905/mar/23.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1914/cons-logic/index.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1901/witbd/
- ↑ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_United_Front
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/stalin/works/1928/12/28.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1912/dec/22.htm
- ↑ https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1922/mar/27.htm