Legionarism, also variably known as the Iron Guard, Legionary Fascism, and more generally as Romanian Fascism, is an authoritarian, culturally far-right and economically third positionist fascist ideology. It believes in clerical fascism, Romanian nationalism, anti-communism, anti-capitalism, and anti-magyarism.
The Ideology was founded in Romania 1927 by Corneliu Zelea Codreanu. The party was called Legion of the Archangel Michael. The Party was in power from 14 September 1940 until February 1941, staying in power for just 5 months. During the Iron Guard regime there was also a Constitutional Monarchy with King Michael I as the King of Romania. The party was banned on the 23rd of January 1941.
The core beliefs of Legionarism have seen somewhat of a resurgence in modern Romanian politics. A couple of Romanian political parties and non-official institutions have Legionarism characteristics. Some examples include the AUR (Alliance for the Unification of Romanians) tho which denies their correlation. And the ND (New Right) which rather embraces their far-right extremism, stating that they are the modern successors of the TPT party. Political extremism on both sides is banned in Romania but the government lacks the funds to prevent the spread of it, leading to great amounts of Legionarist propaganda on the internet and on social media platforms.
Outside of Romania, the ideology has gained a following among the ranks of the Alt-Right and other far-right extremists. On the internet, Legionarism is seen as the default Christian fascism, many Far-right groups use the tic-tac-toe style logo as a replacement for the swastica. Due to its covert nature, the cross of archangel Michal (Official name of the logo) can be sneaked in various places or used as a dog whistle in order to avoid detection. Many social media websites have taken to removing the symbol, such measures are difficult due to the symbol being part of Unicode (U+2A69) therefore ai detection is made difficult.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it dark green
- Draw a white cross (optional for unofficial use)
- Add 3 black vertical lines and 3 black horizontal lines in the shape of ⩩ (U+2A69)
- Draw in the two eyes.
- Do a cross over it with your fingers to bless it
- And you’re done
|Dark Green||#088A58||8, 138, 88|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Clerical Fascism - My father. He taught me a lot. Long Live the Romanian Orthodox Church!
- Fascism - I agree a lot with him and his nationalist views but he should be a bit more tolerant towards religion.
- Nazism - I agree with him on his views about race and nationalism. Also a very good ally!
- Nationalism - Traiasca Romania, traiasca tricolorul!
- Traditionalism - We must protect our traditions!
- Alt-Right - Fellow troll companion.
- Orthodox Theocracy - God save the Capitan and his legion.
- Capitalism - I don't like him that much but he kind of helped me a bit.
- Romanian Liberalism - You helped us and want to regain Moldova but your system is degenerate, also, you make peace with (((them))).
- Crusade of Romanianism - You're weird (to say the least). What makes you prefer Mussolini over Hitler so much ? Also, drop the libertarian sh*t.
- Antonescuism - I admire your devotion to him and your alliance to Hitler. However, you betrayed me and smashed my movement.
- Communism - Commie atheist scum that wants to destroy Tradition, Nation, and Religion.
- Zionism - Filthy jews, bord the trains already!
- Anarchists - Degenerates that want to get rid of the nation and state. I especially hate Anarcho-Communism.
Wait, I'm RELATED TO THEM!?
- State Atheism - Fuck you. You're a godless piece of filth.
- Titoism - I'M NOT AFRAID OF DEATH!! FOR WHEN SHE COMES, I WILL EMBRACE HER!!!!
- LGBT - Degenerates! We must protect our children from this godless filthy agenda!
- Hungarism - MORTI TAI DE UNGUR DE AI VENIT LA NOI SA NE FURI TARA! FUTUTI MORTI MATII DE MAGHIAR! (untranslatable romanian swears)