'Left Communism' redirects here, this page is primarily about Italian Left Communism. For other ideologies, including the Dutch/German variant, see Left Communism (Disambiguation)
Left Communism, also called Italian Left Communism, Ultra Left, International Left is an economically far-left, Marxist ideology. It is a form of Communism based off of the ideas and writings of the Italian left-communists, mainly Amadeo Bordiga and Onorato Damen, along with the International Communist Party. It is recognized to be the furthest Left Unity ideology on the compass. It opposes democracy, anti-fascism and the concept of a "Popular Front". It is a Leninist ideology that opposes Marxism–Leninism, believing it to be a bourgeois current. It regards Stalin as a bourgeois opportunist and regards other Marxist-Leninist revolutionaries, such as Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Ho Chi Minh and Mao Zedong as bourgeois, not proletarian, revolutionaries. Bordiga and the Italian left communists also considered the Soviet Union to be a bourgeois, capitalist state.
This ideology refers specifically to the Italian strain of Left Communism, although other left communist ideologies also exist, namely, Dutch-German leftcoms (Council Communists) and Russian leftcoms. These ideologies do have some similarities, the most significant being anti-trade unionism, anti-nationalism/internationalism, and anti-parliamentarism. As well as the belief that true socialism is stateless and classless, and can only be achieved when the capitalist mode of commodity production is completely abolished. Every "socialist" who does not is merely an opportunist capitalist.
It is often forgotten that Italian left communists do consider themselves Leninists, being described as "more Leninist than Lenin". Lenin's work "Left-Wing Communism: An Infantile Disorder" criticised left communists in Britain, Germany and Russia who did not consider themselves Leninist.
Left Communism loves to sit in an armchair all day reading Marx, Bordiga, Pannekoek, Damen, Cammette, Dauvé, and Chirik among others while complaining about other leftists. He often defends this behavior with "Theory is praxis." He is often depicted as being hypercritical and cynical to such a degree that no ideology will associate with him apart from Marxism.
How to Draw
Drawing Left Communism takes a few steps:
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with red
- Draw 2 intertwined yellow wheat spikes
- Draw a black hammer and sickle
- Draw the eyes and you're done!
|Red||#FC0808||252, 8, 8|
|Gold||#EDF734||237, 247, 52|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Marxism - I'm the only one that listens to him, smh.
- Leninism - We disagree on tactics here and there, but we are both true communists!
- Rosa Luxemburg - Love you, Rosa!
- Bukharinism - "Bukharin is in line not only with Marx but also with Lenin".
- Council Communism - "We agree with Lenin's theses at the 2nd Congress".
- Trotskyism - Early work was incredible, I loved it. But you're just an impotent student movement with zero proletarian support.
- National Socialism - If Hitler can make yield the odious powers of England and America, while making thus precarious the capitalist world balance, long live the butcher Hitler who works in spite of himself to create the conditions of the proletarian world revolution …
Bourgeoisie (Read Marx!)
- Marxism–Leninism - Fake Marxist. Fake Leninist. Stop pretending that you read theory when you actually read fake news sources from "anti-imperialist" and "socialist" countries to back up your claims. Read the first line of Capital.
- Neo-Marxism - Stalinist cretin who fucked over my positions in the PCI and paved the road for the Bolshevization and Euro"communism" in the party.
- Maoism - You're okay for a Marxist-Leninist, but you're still a bourgeois movement that butchers workers.
- Dengism - You are Marxism-Leninism modernized.
- Anarcho-Communism - Peak petit-bourgeois.
- Social Democracy - The welfare economy is a failure! You also killed Luxemburg and Liebknecht!
- Capitalist Communism - You are a SuccDem.
- Democracy - The velvet glove of Fascism.
- Fascism - The iron boot of Democracy.
Ignore these quotes here please
- Democratic Fascism - See, I told you.
- Democratic Socialism - You can tell democratic socialism is bourgeois because "democratic" is right there in the name. Liberal parliamentary structures work in favor of the bourgeoisie class, whatever you like it or not.
- State Capitalism - You're just Deng again.
- Anti-Fascism - Anti-Fascism is the worst product of Fascism!
- Capitalism - Die and burn in hell, capitalist pig!
- Social Authoritarianism - Him, but without the mask!
- Hoxhaism - You claim to be "against all forms of revisionism" yet you're a Stalinist, curious. 🤔
- Market Socialism and Titoism - L*beral Vaushite.
- Reactionary Socialism - Marx destroyed you lmao. Reactionaries are shit.
- National Bolshevism - The KAPD was right in expelling Laufenberg and Wolffheim.
- Acid Communism - If “Cobain's death confirmed the defeat and incorporation of rock's utopian and promethean ambitions”, Fisher's suicide reaffirms the real powerlessness of any perspective of criticism of capitalism that is not based on solid pillars such as criticism of political economy, the materialist conception of history, the experiences of past class struggles and the communist revolutionary programme that derives from them.”
- The Fundamentals for a Marxist Orientation
- The Democratic Principle
- Dialogue with Stalin
- The Lyons Theses
- The Human Species and Earth's Crust
- Lessons of the Counter-revolutions
- The Balkan War
- Everything must go!: The abolition of value by Bruno Astarian & Gilles Dauvé
- Endnotes by various authors
- Tiqqun #1 by Tiqqun
- w:Left communism Left communism
- w:Bordigism Bordigism
- w:International Communist Party International Communist Party
- w:Communist Workers' Party of Germany Communist Workers Party of Germany
- w:Communization Communization
- w:Left communism in China Left communism in China
- r/Ultraleft (meme sub)