The first recorded instance of a Kritarchy took place in about 14th century BC in Israel. Judges would settle disputes and legal matters based on interpretations of the old Testament. These judges would also act as military leaders in times of need.
During the 10th to 13th century, a Kritarchal system existed in the Icelandic Commonwealth. In this case the judges acted as mediators instead of direct rulers. These judges were some of the first to recognize crimes against individuals and not against the state as well as only punishing people in the form of large monetary fees.
Personality and Behaviour
For the historical and modern use of the term, Kritarchy acts like a judge and always settles in court cases as a judge and sentences the balls (like anarchists) that commit crimes in the polcompball world either innocent or guilty, but most likely guilty.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Fill the ball with light brown,
- Draw a mallet and gavel in brown, symbolizing its modern and historical use in court and by judges,
- Draw the eyes, and you're done!
|Light Brown||#AD7E5F||173, 126, 95|
|Brown||#602600||96, 38, 0|
- Jewish Theocracy - You are God's people, you can't do wrong!
- Authoritarianism - Maintaining law and order, I like that!
- Constitutionalism - Can't have judges without laws!
- Police Statism - You do the physical work, I do the mental work, that sound good to you?
Also for the love of god please stop doing executions without trials first!
- Reactionary Socialism - Feudalist medievalist antisemitic commie who likes me for some reason.
- Zionism - You are God's people, but did you forget that God ordered the diaspora?
- Totalitarianism - A great way to keep order, but remember that everyone deserves a fair trial.
- Ingsoc - I appreciate the maintenance of law and order, but you go waaaaaay too far.
- Religious Feminism - Someone hasn't been reading her Torah.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - A great admirer of mine although I don't like his "anarchism" thing.
- Hoppeanism - Same as above but more traditionalist, racist, monarchist and edgy which makes him slightly better.
- Reactionary Libertarianism - Similar to two previous one but feudalist and catholic.
- Illegalism - You're going to jail for a long time lawbreaker, also you're sentenced to stoning.
- Stalinism - Stop rigging trials, you bank robber.
- Kleptocracy - Extra stoning for those who try to bribe me.
- Anarchism - The supreme court has decided that you're guilty and sentenced you to a stoning. No, not that kind of stoning.
- Black Zionism - What makes you think you're God's chosen people, huh, black guy?
- Feminism - God clearly said that women are to be subservient to man. You are sentenced to a stoning.
- National Socialism - See you at Nurmberg!
- Karadžićism - I DO have the balls to take you to court.
- Private Creation And Enforcement of Law: A Historical Case by David Friedman
- Medieval Iceland:Society,Sagas and Power by Jesse L. Byock