Jewish Theocracy is an AuthUnity ideology that believes Judaism should be the state religion of the country and the law of the Tanakh should be the law of the state It could be ruled with the help of a court of rabbis, a king, or even by judges.
According to the narrative of the Hebrew Bible, the Israelites were led by Moses who delivered laws to them from God directly. The word "theocracy" was coined by Josephus to describe this system - "our legislator [Moses] had no regard to any of these forms [of government], but he ordained our government to be what, by a strained expression, may be termed a Theocracy, by ascribing the authority and the power to God" (Against Apion, book II, chapter 17). The Bible records that Moses governed Israel in the 40-year period (Deuteronomy 29:5) that the nation lived in the wilderness until his death. When Moses died, the Bible records, it was Joshua took up his banner (Deuteronomy 34), and ruled religiously over Israel (Joshua 24:31) until his death, followed by the time of the judges when observance of the religious law was rare (Judges 2:16-19). This period was itself followed by the kingdom of Israel under Saul, who was followed by David, described in the Hebrew Bible as a man of faith (II Samuel 5:12). After David the kingdom of Israel was divided between the northern kingdom of Israel-Samaria and the southern kingdom of Judah.
It is only in the period of the divided kingdom that extra-Biblical sources regarding Israel begin to appear. The Hebrew Bible describes that very few kings of Judah were faithful to the religious law. This changed under King Josiah, who's priests (depending on your interpretation) either discovered or composed the religious laws of Judaism, and the king began to implement theocratic laws across his country (II Kings 22:8-13, II Chronicles 34:14-21). Regardless of the view taken, the fact remains that the kingdom of Judah under Josiah was the first state known outside the Bible that could be called a 'Jewish theocracy'.
Eventually, years after Josiah's reign, the kingdom of Judah would fall to Babylonian invasion. Babylon itself would be conquered by Persia, who would be conquered by the Greek king of Macedon, Alexander the Great. Revolt against Greek rule would begin under Judah the Maccabee, which would lead to an indepentent Hasmonean kingdom, which would be replaced by a Roman-installed Herodian kingdom, which would be abolished and integrated into the Roman Empire. While some later states such as the Khazars and the Himyarites would adopt Judaism as their state religion temporarily, but generally speaking there would be no Jewish state founded until the founding of the State of Israel in 1948, which is legally secular.
Personality and Behavior
- He likes to call non-cubes goy/goyim/gentile
- Him and Zoroastrian Theocracy like Cyrus the Great
- Likes Debating and Prayer
How to Draw
- Draw a cube,
- Draw a thick line of blue on the top and bottom,
- Draw, in the centre, 2 grey tablets with some scribbles or Hebrew letters on them (which symbolises the Ten Commandments),
- Draw the eyes then you're done!
|Blue||#0087BE||0, 135, 190|
|Grey||#CCCCCC||204, 204, 204|
- Kritarchy - The Sanhedrin shall be the highest political authority.
- Constitutional Monarchism - The King must always answer to The Sanhedrin.
- Religious Rejectionism - Politics are boring I just wanna read Torah.
- Bonapartism - Thanks for creating The Grand Sanhedrin! Plus some of your political ideas were cool.
- Distributism - Social welfare based on the bible? And you agree with private property? Based!
- Longism - "No country that put its heel down on the Jews has ever lived afterwards."
- Zionism - Often too liberal, but the core idea of a Jewish state is incredibly based.
- Religious Zionism - Needs to fully embrace Halakah and stop being so violent, otherwise good.
- Zoroastrian Theocracy - Thanks for Cyrus the Great. But Babylon was hell.
- Traditionalism - Our traditions have survived thousands of years we treasure them deeply.
- Agrarianism - The Jews are a traditionally agrarian people, let's keep it that way!
- Christian Theocracy - You've been much cooler with me lately. As long as you don't try to convert me, you're fine.
- Tribalism - Not that type of tribe goy!
- Revisionist Zionism - Far too xenophobic, but can sometimes be chill.
- Labour Zionism - Likes the idea of Israel but still a socialist.
- Islamic Theocracy - You once let us live peacefully in The Caliphate. What happened to us?
- Monarchism - A King is good, but some of our old ones sucked because they ruled selfishly.
- Communism - Needs to read On The Jewish Question by Karl Marx.
- Socialism - The Torah says everyone has a right to personal property, schmuck.
- Bundism - Socialist and you reject the return to Israel? May Hashem guide you back to truth, brother!
- Kahanism - I'M NOT YOU I PROMISE
Even though most ultra-orthodox Israeli parties like Kahane
- Welfare Chauvinism - Deuteronomy 10:19 says we should love foreigners.
- Roman Republicanism - You enslaved us, our religion is still big. Who's laughing now?
- Caesarism - Same with above.
- Absolute Monarchism - The Sanhedrin must have authority over The King!
- Nazism - Do I really have to say anything?
- Esoteric Fascism - What the hell is wrong with you.
- Jewish-Nazism - Why are you suicidal, brother?
- Alt-Right - Stupid Anti-Semite.
- Khomeinism & Jihadism - Death to Hezbollah and Hamas!
- Financialism - The Torah condemns usury, Schmuck. Why do anti-semites always tie me to you
- Slavery - LET MY PEOPLE GO!
Portraits and Artwork
"Theocracies compass" By Spade