De Francism is an extreme authoritarian, economically left-wing, and extremely culturally progressive, ideology inhabiting the top left corner of the political compass. He believes in a utopian society based around the teachings in Rousseau's The Social Contract. He is selectively elitist, anti-colonialist, and anti-clericalist. This manifests in somewhat needlessly authoritarian decrees. For instance, he forbade the elite from marrying within their own race, so they were forced to marry common folk. Some draw comparisons between De Francism and Jacobinism and Maximillien de Robespierre because of their mutual radical dislike of elites and shared autocratic tendencies. Though De Francism takes away many individual freedoms and squashes dissent, it was still beloved by the people of Paraguay. De Francist foreign policy is mostly isolationist, though he will make alliances with neighbors to protect himself. He also really likes hats for some reason.
Compared to most South American autocratic ideologies, De Francism was the most culturally liberal, because it incorporated populist policies. Though the right wing parties despised De Francism, it was praised by the left wing parties. After the death of José de Francia, De Francism mostly died off. Though most remember De Francism for it's isolationist foreign policy, it helped solidify Paraguay's place in the world as a legitimate nation and helped bring progressive ideals and values to South America.
Personality and Behavior
De Francism is violently opposed to Monarchism and Imperialism. He is often angry, especially at Authoritarian Right ideologies. He is also extremely defensive of José de Francia. He has no problem with being called a dictator. He is somewhat tolerant of most ideologies. He is also often mistaken for Conservatism (the tree design) due to a similar colour scheme. This infuriates De Francism, since he is leftist, and he will often start a rant about Monarchy and Progressivism.
How to Draw
Drawing De Francism is easy.
- Draw a ball
- Fill with light blue
- Draw a white hexagram in the top-right section of the ball (try to make it somewhat pointy)
- Draw the eyes, and then you're done!
|Light Blue||#75AADB||117, 170, 219|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Left-Wing Nationalism - Amazing!
- Jacobinism - You had some great ideas!
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Forced race mixing!
- Marxism - I wish you were born a little earlier, then we could've teamed up!
- State Liberalism - The people will believe in my ideas whether they want to or not!
- Progressivism - You're cool, but you don't take things far enough.
- Socialism - You're okay, but I don't know about all this "international" stuff.
- Fascism - I hate your social policy but your economic ideas and police work are admirable.
- Falangism - I consider you an improvement over regular fascism because of the mandatory race-mixing and hatred for the Spanish crown, but you still have cringe social policy.
- Liberalism - Why be democratic when you can have your impose your ideology on others?
- National Communism - You're pretty cool, but I don't know about this "no private property" stuff.
- Anarchism - An idiot.
- Clerical Fascism - The worst ideology.
- Monarchism - The second worst ideology.
- Catholic Theocracy - "If the Holy Father himself should come to Paraguay I would make him my private chaplain."
- National Socialism - HOW CAN YOU HAVE A SOCIETY FOR THE PEOPLE IF THERE IS A RACIAL ELITE!!!???
- Conservatism (UK) - YOU STOLE MY LOOK!!!
- Neoconservatism - STOP BEING SO INTERVENTIONIST!!!
- Imperialism - GET YOUR COLONIALS OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!
- Racial Nationalism - Race mixing is good actually.
- Description of Francia's rule
- Essay on De Francist foreign policy
- José Gaspar Roderíguez de Francia - Wikipedia
- De Francian Rule of Paraguay - Wikipedia
- Article about De Francian Progressivism
- "Dr. Francia" by Thomas Carlyle