Irredentism is a Non-Quadrant Nationalist ideology which describes the political manifestation of the desire to reacquire territory considered to be "lost" or "unredeemed". Irredentists may want to reclaim territory that their country once owned, but has since lost, or may feel that their country missed out on reigning over land that they believe rightfully belonged to them. Irredentism is also known as Revanchism, however, the latter is considered to have a more angry or revolutionary connotation.
Irredentism differs from Pan-Nationalism in the sense that PanNat regards a union of two or more sovereign states that share a common feature (eg. culture, ethnicity, language) while irredentism envisions the annexation of independent states or some of their territories under its rule.
Bolivian irredentism, also known as "Mediterraneidad de Bolivia", refers to the geographical situation of the country that makes it a landlocked state. The Government of Bolivia has claimed to have a direct exit to the Pacific Ocean after having lost territory in favor of Chile after its defeat in the War of the Pacific, specifically, it is a strip known as the Atacama Corridor. This territorial cession was confirmed in 1904 after the signing of the Treaty between Chile and Bolivia.
In 2009, a new Bolivian Constitution was proclaimed, among the articles the vindication of the country's historical right to an outlet to the sea is included.
Día del Mar (Day of the Sea) is held annually on March 23rd to commemorate the loss of the Litoral department after the War of the Pacific in favor of Chile, in the 19th century. The event is commemorated with multiple parades and marches in different cities of the country, consecrating a central ceremony in the Plaza Abaroa of the capital city La Paz, with the participation of the president of the nation, national authorities, military, professionals, workers and citizens in general. The 1963 iteration of the event was marked by anti-Chile chants and songs by the worker and student groups.
Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas dispute
Argentina claims that Britain’s possession of the Falklands is an attack on its territorial integrity and demands that sovereignty over the archipelago is transferred, disregarding the wishes of the islands’ population. the UK argues that all peoples have the right to self-determination and as long as the islanders wish to ‘keep the Falklands British’ this should remain so. The Argentine claims are based on events which occurred over 180 years ago when Britain allegedly usurped the islands. Britain’s claims are based on the present situation, arguing the rights of the islanders should be respected according to 21st century democratic standards. 
Italian irredentism was a nationalist movement during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries in Italy with irredentist goals which promoted the unification of geographic areas in which indigenous peoples considered to be ethnic Italians and/or Italian-speaking individuals formed a majority, or substantial minority, of the population. It embraced the concept of Italia Irredentia and was a movement on all sides of the political spectrum.
The variant of creation and emergence of Greater Finland was the following: in addition to the mainland Finland, it would include territories inhabited by ethnically related peoples of the Finno-Ugric group: Finns, Karelians, Estonians, Veps, and so on. The idea of creating the greater Finnish state had a great influence on Finnish society in 1917 and onwards (before and after World War II).
The most quirky version of "Greater Finland" was limited by the so-called natural boundaries, which cover areas inhabited by the Finns and Karelians, from the White Sea to Lake Onega (areas of Karelia), further along, the Svir River and the Neva River or, to be more specific, from the Sestra River to the Gulf of Finland (as those were the former borders of the Grand Duchy of Finland within the Russian Empire). Some supporters also include the territory of Ingria, Estonia, Northern Finnmark and the Tourneelven Valley as part of Greater Finland. The most radical views also promote Greater Finland as far as the Yenisei River, including all Finno-Ugric peoples except the Hungarians.
Irredentism in France appeared in a prominent form following the French defeat in the Franco-Prussian War (1870-1871). Many in France wanted to restore the pre-1870 borders to France, which included the return of the region of Alsace-Lorraine, and wished for revenge against Germany for the defeat. One of the most prominent proponents of such revanchist attitudes was Georges Ernest Boulanger (1837-1891), a French military general who advocated for the three principles of Revanche (Revenge on Germany), Révision (Revision of the Constitution), Restauration (the return to monarchy). This ideology was known as Boulangisme and was a prominent force in French politics in the 1880s. Unlike more Traditionally-minded conservatives of France at the time, who appealed to the Aristocracy, Boulanger's appeal was Populist, with his charisma appealing to disparate groups from the left-wing working class to the right-wing Catholics and royalists. Although in the late 1880's it was feared that Boulanger would become a military dictator, Boulanger was a weak leader who was unable to truly unite the broad support base or take advantage of the political turmoil of France at the time to install himself as the leader, so his movement ultimately failed.
Main Article: Kahanism
Russia lays claim to the Crimean peninsula, which is mostly recognized as part of Ukraine but is under (de-facto) control of Russia. All though not officially claimed by Russian authorities, political observers speculate that they may also want to annex the (unrecognised) separatist republics of Donetsk and Luhansk, as well as the entire country of Belarus and the Baltic states. Russian nationalists commonly advocate the annexation of all former Soviet Union states, and even more frequently, all former regions of the Russian Empire.
In conclusion, Russian irredentism has been a major political factor in Vladimir Putin's ideology and rule over Russia, with him engaging in foreign invasions to spur Russian expansionist goals.
Main Article: Saadehism
Main Article: Hungarism
"Kresy" or "Eastern Kresy" (Literally - "eastern borderlands") is the Polish name of the territories of present-day western Ukraine, western Belarus and around Vilnius, Lithuania, which were once part of the First and Second Polish Republics.
The Polish inhabitants of these lands, including those deported from the USSR in 1944-1946 to socialist Poland, are sometimes called "Kresovians". The category of "kresy" together with the category of religiosity developed in the nineteenth century, when Poland lost its independence. It is connected with the defense of Poland as a territory and original spirituality. Kresy lands are presented as a kind of "paradise on earth", where everyone lived in harmony, and no one quarrels with anyone. Such a mythological world is a part of the Polish nation and identity.
In 1924, the Polish parliament passed the Kresy law, which introduced bilingual school education to assimilate the local population in these areas. Also, to change the national composition of the lands, their settlement by Poles was intensive.
Main Article: National Socialism
Lebensraum (which means Living Space in German) was a movement created in Germany during the early 20th century. It believed that Germany should expand into the east and colonize much of that territory to prevent overpopulation, but also deriving ideas from Anti-slavic sentiment. It was popularized during World War I when the British have blockaded Germany and the Germans hoped that taking over the vast fields of Ukraine would negate the effects of the blockade. This idea was later adopted by the Nazis and was a central factor in the start of World War II. The idea died out after the war when all germans that lived in Eastern Europe, East Prussia and the Sudetenland were either deported or slaughtered.
During the Cold War, both Germanies wanted to retake land from the other Germany in order to reunite Germany. In the end West Germany absorbed all of East Germany's land and become one again.
The Megali Idea (meaning great idea in Greek) was a movement in Greece which was created during Ottoman rule and was popularised soon after independence by Greek liberals who wished to unite all Greeks in a single state and liberate them from the Ottomans. They believed that this would also develop the Greek economy. These ideas were adopted by Cretan revolutionary and Greek prime minister Eleftherios Venizelos. The Megali Idea died out after the Greco-Turkish war when the Greek population of Anatolia was deported from their historic homelands to the other side of the Aegean.
Main Article: Mexican Fascism
Pan-Mongolism is a movement for the unification of the Mongol peoples into a single state. That includes Mongolia (or Outer Mongolia), Chinese autonomous region of Inner Mongolia and the Russian republics of Buryatia and Tuva.
After the proclamation of the independence of Outer Mongolia in 1911, Bogd Khan initially sought to unite Mongolia. Troops were sent to Inner Mongolia, but had to be withdrawn, because these steps could provoke a conflict between Russia and Japan. At the same time, the movement would be geopolitically oriented towards Japan and would take openly anti-communist positions.
Another revival of pan-Mongol sentiment occurred at the end of World War II when Mongol troops took part in joint operations with Soviet troops against the Japanese puppet state Mengjiang. The hostilities ended after Joseph Stalin handed over Inner Mongolia to Mao Zedong's communist the People's Republic of China.
Recently Pan-Mongolism, which has long fought for the unification of the historical region, is understood as the idea of cooperation between all Mongol peoples within a single cultural region.
Greater Romania refers to Romania's interwar borders with Bessarabia, Northern Bucovina and Southern Dobrudja. Some irredentists also claim Alföld , Serbian Banat (and sometimes even Vojvodina) and the territories of the former Transnistria Governorate in Ukraine . These claims are largely based on the territory of the Dacian Kingdom before the Roman conquests and the arrival of Hungarians in Europe from the Steppes and the Slavic migration from the Urals.
United Ireland refers to a possible sovereign state covering all 32 counties of Ireland. As of right now, the independent the Republic of Ireland covers 26 counties and Northern Ireland that has the remaining 6, is part of the United Kingdom. The idea of a united Ireland, completely independent from the British, is supported by the overwhelming majority of Irish nationalists like Sinn Féin.
The demarcation of Ireland's borders in 1921 was driven by demographic, economic, religious and political factors. In demographic terms, the six counties constituting Northern Ireland contain a pro-British and Protestant majority, which favors union with the UK. Since the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty was signed on December 6, 1921, which simultaneously recognized the existence of the new Irish Free State and in turn the ability of Northern Ireland to decide whether or not to join that state. The Northern Irish parliament instead rejected that possibility and requested to continue to be under the United Kingdom, becoming one of its constituencies. In 1937 the Irish Free State left the British Commonwealth of Nations and in 1949 it would end up as the Republic of Ireland, thus having no close political connection to the United Kingdom.
Since the division of the island, significant work has been carried out in order to reunite both regions as one united Irish state. As a result, the northern territory of the island was engulfed in a long-term armed conflict. Formally, in 1998, both the Irish and the British governments agreed that the status of Northern Ireland would not be changed without the approval of its residents.
Whole Azerbaijan is a concept uniting both the mainland state of Azerbaijan, Iranian (South) Azerbaijan and also Derbent region of Dagestan in Russia, the historic region of Borchali in Georgia, the Turkish province of Iğdır and all of Armenia into the single Azerbaijani state.
In 1991, Iranian Azerbaijani Peruz Dilanchi formulated the idea of a Greater Azerbaijan, and then-Azerbaijani President Abulfaz Elchibey identified areas for which the future state could claim. The ideas of Greater Azerbaijan were set out in Dilanchi's book Bütöv Azərbaycan yolunda, published in Ankara in 1997. President Elchibey also believed that the borders of Azerbaijan should extend from Derbent to the Persian Gulf. Shortly before his death in 2000 he was opposed to this idea.
Republic of China (Taiwan)
In the 1950s, Chiang Kai-shek launched a large-scale, yet unsuccessful plan to retake Mainland China and Mongolia after facing defeat at the Civil War and relocation to Taiwan, by the campaign name "Fight Communism, Resist Russia" (反共抗俄). He also attempted to reclaim lost areas occupied by Russia (Soviet Union) throughout history, which included Haishenwai (海參崴；Present-day Vladivostok), Khabarovsk, and Kazakhstan, totaling to approximately 160 times the size of Taiwan island. Initially this plan will also include a full-scale invasion of the Soviet Union if North Korea was defeated in the Korean War and the Nationalists regain control of China, taking most parts of Russia as follows:
- Taiping Province (太平省) which compromises of Vladivostok, Amur, Sakha, Khabarovsk, parts of Sakhalin (Kuril Islands will be returned to Japan) and Magadan, where Taiping City (Approx. at present-day Khabarovsk Krai) as the provincial capital;
- Chunghsing Province (中興省) which compromises of Eastern Siberia, where Siberia (Approx. at Krasnoyarsk Krai) as the provincial capital;
- Yongning Province (永寧省) which compromises of Western Siberia and Ural, where Novosibirsk as the provincial capital;
- Yongan Province (永安省) which compromises of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan, where Yongan City (Approx. at Qyzylorda, Kazakhstan) as the provincial capital;
- The rest of the Soviet territories, which compromises of the remaining territories of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will be under the administration of the United Nations after a series of hydrogen and atomic bombs were dropped into Russia.
Personality and Behaviour
- Goes insane when you say "Trianon", "Falklands" and "War of the Pacific".
- Runs a mapping channel on Youtube.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball,
- Fill it with orange,
- Draw a black dagger (tip facing down) with the head of a screeching eagle as the handle,
- Draw a black span of wings on the left and right side, but leave room for the next step,
- On each side below the wings, draw two black arrow-tipped thunderbolts facing down,
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
|Orange||#FF9800||255, 152, 0|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- YouTube - Please subscribe to my YouTube channel "Greater Stanistan Empireball mapping"!
- Pan-Nationalism - I will reunify our great Stanistan!
- Ultranationalism and Jingoism - I like where this is going.
- Bolivarianism - Ecuador, Venezuela, Panama, and parts of Peru are rightful Colombian clay.
- Fourth Theory and Putinism - Doing great rn!
- Kahanism - Yes! Lebanon, Sinai and Jordan are part of the ancient Jewish homeland, and as such, they should belong to you!
- Palestinian Nationalism - I like the spirit! Retake back your land! Zionists out!
- Dengism and Tridemism - A united China! Under my preferred party's rule.
- Juche and Ilminism - A united Korea! Under my preferred party's rule.
- National Socialism - Lebensraum is based
- Fascism - Istria, Fiume and Dalmatia are ours!
- Titoism - Istria, Fiume and Dalmatia are ours!
Wait a second...
- Black Hundredism - Based Russians...
- Hindutva - Based Indians...
- Venizelism - And based Greeks!
- Indigenism - Also absolutely based Indians! I entirely understand your feeling of also being seen as "reactionary" by foreign invaders for wanting to take back your land from the thieves, invaders, and plunderers of your people's civilization... LANDBACK!
scalping invaders and razing their colonies to the ground is based too!
- Ethnocacerism - Even better! We must forcibly remove colonial immigrants from our homelands, and revive the great Inca empire from the ashes of former western colonial states!
- Anti-Japaneseism - Wow, you indigenous advocates are absolutely sick! We shall not only remove colonial foreign influence and reclaim what's rightfully ours but also entirely abolish even the very concept of such foreign invader states who stand in the way of our redemption.
- Separtism (When it's for his nation) - WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER AND LET OUR PEOPLES GREAT LEGACY BE CRUSHED UNDER THE BOOT OF TYRANNY! DEATH TO THE INVADERS!!!
- Nationalism - Love ya dad, but please grow a spine.
- Patriotism - You're even more moderate than the above! Do you hate us, brother?
- Metaxism - “Now I urge you to look forward to the future; and since you can not live without ideals, the only suitable ideal is that of the Hellenic Idea. The Great Idea (Megali Idea) itself did not fail; only the attempt at its territorial implementation. The Greco-Byzantine perception of it has failed, but not its ancient form of Hellenism. My disagreement with Venizelos, in the final analysis, is over the understanding, the meaning, significance and form of the Hellenic Idea”.
- Imperialism - Sometimes I want to take land due to imperialist motives, but sometimes it is all your fault the reason why I don't have that land anymore and must take it back from you.
- Neighborstan - Everything about you is fake! You're our stolen clay!!
- Isolationism - Fake nationalist!
- Anarcho-Pacifism - Overthrow government peacefully and without any bloodshed? LMAO, seriously?!
- Separatism (When it's against his nation) - WHAT? HOW DARE YOU WANT TO SPLIT FROM OUR GLORIOUS CULTURE WE CIVILIZED YOU WITH TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN INFERIOR SAVAGE """CULTURE"""! THIS MEANS DEATH!!!
- Kovácsism - Oh so you want "Small Hungary" as a joke? Disgusting and unfunny.
- The Falklands - MiniWars #1 by OverSimplified
- ↑ Zheng Yuxiang(鄭宇翔) joined the election of mayor in Kaohsiung City in 2022.
- ↑ https://www.e-ir.info/2016/11/11/the-sovereignty-dispute-over-the-falkland-islands/
- ↑ https://m.xuite.net/blog/yeh.zi59/twblog/128235258
- ↑ https://pttstudy.com/warfare/M.1595853574.A.E3A.html