Indigenism is a Left Unity ideology that believes in a kind of ethnic and/or cultural nationalism that emphasizing the group's indigeneity to their homeland. It focuses on indigenous Americans as a people, and a desire to have their land and customs returned to them. Reparations for the injustices served toward their people are also often demanded by indigenous groups. While this can be representative of numerous indigenous rights movements across the world. It typically represents the various indigenous activist and autonomist groups within North-America and sometimes South America.
Hunt buffalo, smoke peace pipe, kill colonists. Restore the traditional ways and our sacred land. - Indigenism Ball
Due to the lack of sovereignty for their people, the continued stealing of their land, being tokenized, and having been entirely disregarded by the interests most other radicals. They are often seen as extremely nihilistic or depressed, often depicted as being extremely drunk with a bottle of whiskey. They also sometimes are seen smoking traditional Tobacco from a pipe.
Usually are not very friendly nor invested in the plight of other balls due to the belief that they only seek to forcefully implement their ideology on their stolen territory and thus lives an Isolated, modest lifestyle within a small reserve of like-minded individuals. This partially is due to why they are often not known well much by other balls.The only balls they seem to deeply resonate with is Neozapatismo and Moralesism seeing them as some of the last true revolutionaries in the Americas and a beacon of light in the darkness.
While they are not inherently racist or discriminatory (often times being profoundly anti-racist) they often have mixed feelings about outsiders especially due to them usually being ignorant and not caring about their history and culture, thus often perfering to live away from them within their own territories.
Often seeing the outsiders as invaders he desires sovereignty for his people, if not full out Self-Determination from colonial governments.
They are known to be somewhat spiritual, and often are seeking to spread their Teachings and Traditions to fellow indigenous balls and prophecises that one day, if they are not able to protect their traditions, fight for their land and secure their independence, the colonizers will eventually destroy their land and their way of life altogether. Because of this, they tend to also be extremely environmentally protectionist, often wanting to protect their environment and homes from interference from large corporations.
How to Draw
Indigenism's design is based on the American-Indian Movement.
- Draw a ball
- Color vertical 4 strips black, yellow, white, red
- Draw eyes
- Add a feather/Headdress
- (Optional) Add the American Indian Movement Logo
|Black||#02040D||2, 4, 13|
|Yellow||#F8D400||248, 212, 0|
|White||#FFFFF2||255, 255, 242|
|Red||#920000||146, 0, 0|
- Black Nationalism - You face a similar struggle. Sorry for the whole slavery thing, some of us were also enslaved, that said, others among us did fight with the confederate colonizers, and even a few of us kept slaves of our own, and for that I apologize.
- Neozapatismo - A living example that what we want is possible.
- Socialism of the 21st Century - So far one of the few "revolutionaries" that actually seem to care for us.
- Environmentalists - Turtle Island is scared. And we must protect it from being destroyed.
- Pagan Theocracy - The Spirits demand justice for what has been done to our way of life
- Progressive Conservatism - Fighting for our traditional way of life our ancestors have followed!
- Isolationism - The outsiders refuse to respect our traditional way of life and the ways of our land, so we must make a community of our own to protect what little we have left! Our lives were better when outsiders didn't force themselves into lands that didn't belong to them!
- Separatism - We never willingly ceded our land, it was stolen!
- Dawronoye - Me but in the Middle East. TIHE BETHNAHRIN!
- Left-Wing Nationalism - I watch them fight, and die, in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice. But for who?
- Marxism–Leninism - Sharing is our tradition, but why should we have to happily share our labor with colonizers?
- European Anarchism - Although our ancestors have followed this ideal tradition in our own way. It's easy for you Europeans to want to tear everything down if you have no connection to the land.
- Guevarism - We want national liberation, but not your kind.
- Hindu Theocracy - Why do people confuse us for each-other?
- Odalism - You've got SOME good ideas, but your WAY too extreme, and you talk WAY too much about your people, paleface. (and you were the first European that tried to steal our land)
- Multiculturalism - We used to love to help share with outsiders, but now we see, that historically, it has never ended well for us. Also, you threaten to destroy my way of life altogether thanks to Him.
- Liberation Theology - A misguided soul, you claim to want to protect my people, yet at the same time embrace the false gods the colonizers forced us to worship and you call us trying to revive our ways "savage".
- Ethnocacerism - I like you, especially when you talk about protecting our traditions and people from genocide. But your ways are no better than any other of the colonialist invaders.
- Showa Statism - I'll never forgive you for what you did to Ainus and Ryukyuans!
- Anarcho-Frontierism - Dirty colonist. We'll scalp you!
- White Nationalism - Go back to Europe, paleface.
- National Socialism & Silver Legionism - Wanted to do what he did to me but to Europe, CRINGE!
- Neoliberalism - Modern colonialism. No thanks.
- Globalism - How does trying to protect my sovereignty from imperialism make me racist?
- Reactionarism - Sure, let's return to simpler times. How about pre-1492?
- Imperialism - The colonialist powers will never be forgiven for what they did to us.
- Bull Moose Progressivism - You can't be progressive if you support preserving Imperial America.
- Neoconservatism - Well, at least you admit you're an imperialist conservative I will give you that.
- Christian Theocracy - You were responsible for destroying our traditions and way of life!
- Trumpism & Paleoconservatism - "Go back to where you came from?" And cry harder about those burned churches.
- Bio-Posadism - I should have never bought those blankets from those colonists!
- Neoluddism & Radical Feminism - We don’t need your western-centric philosophies that have no respect for our two-spirit kind, alongside your White Deep Green Resistance "movement". Your western-centric philosophy erases our culture or at best sees us as "noble savages".
- Indigenous peoples
- Land Back
- Indigenous Land Rights
- Republic of Lakotah proposal
- The Oka Crisis
- The Occupation of Alcatraz
- Dakota Access Pipeline protests
- American Indian Movement
- Mohawk Warrior Society
- Confederation of Indigenous Nationalities of Ecuador
- Zapatista Army of National Liberation
- Council of All Lands
- Māori Party
- Peasant Confederation of Peru