Gremialismo, or Guildism, is a religious, conservative, and social ideology based on the social doctrine of the Church, neoconservatism, anti-communism and Catholic nationalism that calls for the depoliticization of intermediate bodies, being against which political parties or political ideas enter civil society.
In Chile, guildism was the doctrinal support of the conservative movement, born in the second half of the 1960s, which led the opposition to the university reform promoted by the centrist groups like DCU and JCU.
It was founded in 1967 as a university movement within the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile - the Trade Union Movement of the Catholic University of Chile (MGUC) - by the conservative liberal intellectual, Jaime Guzmán Errázuriz, in opposition to the university reform that was brewing in said house of studies. Guzmán led the resistance to the occupation of the central house by reformist groups from the center and in turn, tried to take over the university to reverse the impending triumph of the reformists. Although it failed, as a result of these events the union movement came into existence.
It soon became a real mass movement of the bourgeoisie, but also with a strong trade union component among the miners and transporters, against the government of Salvador Allende in 1972, which would have had a strong role in delivering a popular base of consensus for the coup of the military junta, led by Captain General Augusto Pinochet in 1973. Guzmán was the ideologue of the Chilean constitution of 1980.
In 1983 Guzmán moved to more liberal and conservative positions, but stayed close to Pinochet's government, founded the Independent Democratic Union and was its leader until he was assassinated by the communist guerrilla in 1991.
- It recognizes the human being, possessing an inviolable dignity and a transcendent destiny. Both its being and its end are superior to that of any society of a temporal order. Humans are capable of grouping together to be able to fulfill theselves as individuals. Consequently, the State must be at the service of the human person and not the other way around.
- Every human institution has its own specific purpose. Each human grouping can be objectively determined, without the need to resort to any political ideology.
- By definition, every society is capable of achieving its own objective and objective by itself: "social autonomies". Go freely to your own specific end.
- Both ideologies and political parties have to place their action at the level of the leadership of the State.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.
- Fill in with orange. (#f45d00)
- Draw a white (#ffffff) circle on the ball.
- Draw a diagonal line inside the circle.
- Draw a straight line on the top left and another on the bottom right of the circle.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Orange||#f45d00||244, 93, 0|
|White||#ffffff||255, 255, 255|
- Distributist Libertarianism - We believe in pretty much the same.
- Carlism - Very good ideas to sustain our culture and our traditions. Thanks Osvaldo Lira!
- Francoism - "Francisco Franco can't be classified as a dictator, because his rising to power was backed up by the people which offered resistance for God, for Spain and for Franco."
- Pinochetism - General Pinochet has guided Chile on a path of economic and social growth that no subsequent president has achieved. His legacy must be preserved and it was a pleasure for me to collaborate with his government.
I love you Pinochet.
- Neoliberalism - A neoliberal economy is the ideal economy for Chile. The Chicago Boys were very good friends of mine.
- Stratocracy - The military must be respected and a president who does not respect his armed forces does not deserve to be president.
- Kastism - If Gúzman were alive, he would be very proud of you.
- Catholic Nationalism and Catholic Theocracy - ¡VIVA CRISTO REY!
- Authoritarian Conservatism - ¿An authoritarian state that respects conservative values? ¡BASED!
- Hayekism - I like your ideas of market society.
- Mediacracy - Gúzman worked for several media outlets.
- National Libertarianism - Johannes Kaiser is based.
- Fascism - "To defeat Marxism I allied myself with fascism and the latter is the danger that must be defeated today."
- National Socialism - I don't know you! I do not know who you are! I swear I have no relationship with you!
But Carl Schmitt was a great inspiration to me and Paul Schäfer was a good friend of mine.
- Police Statism - Good job hunting down those Marxists, but please stop spying on me and assuming I'm gay.
- Marxism - Damn Marxists, I hate them! I have dedicated my whole life to fighting the Marxist plague and I will continue to do so until the end of my days. Helicopter time!
- Marxism-Leninism - Filthy terrorists that killed me.
- Liberation Theology - I remember you too from 1968, you're just guevarism with a coat of paint.
- Progressivism - Degenerates who are trying to destroy my legacy.
- Libertarian Socialism - ¡Fuck You Boric!
- Christian Democracy - You are an embarrassment to Christianity, you are weak who collaborate with the Marxists, we gremialistas are true Christian patriots and with our social right we will take away the support of the lower classes and finally we will show you that we are better than you.
- El Gremialismo Y Su Postura Universitaria
- Christian Democratic Youth of Chile
- University Christian Democracy
- Trade Union Movement of the Catholic University of Chile