Federalism is a non-quadrant system that combines multiple regional governments into one central or "federal" government. The main characteristic is the equivalence between the two or more levels of government.
The earliest known implementation of a federalist government was the Achaean League in Hellenistic Greece, which lasted from 280 to 146 BC. It had three governments: an assembly of citizens (synodos), a small council (boule), and a general (strategos), who had a board of ten officials. The general controlled the military and the council made the decision making.
Philosopher Immanuel Kant believed that a federalist society was possible with a constitution and a system of checks and balances. This model has been used for numerous federal systems across the world. Some of the most notable include the United States, Brazil, Russia, India, Germany and Nigeria.
Devolution is the process of transferring to regional centers of power (region, state) powers to form the government and create their own legislation. The main difference between federalism and devolution is that these measures can be temporary in nature
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Divide it into three slanted stripes
- Color the top one white, the middle one red and the bottom one blue
- Draw a black start instead of its eye on the left and a normal eye on the right and you're done!
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Red||#FF0000||255, 0, 0|
|Blue||#3629BD||54, 41, 189|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Hamiltonianism - My banking, tariffing son.
- Mutualism - Me but decentralized and some wacky economic ideas.
- Carlism - Long live the federal monarchy! ¡Vivan las Españas y viva Cristo Rey!
- European Federalism - Stronger EU means MORE levels of government!
- Titoism - Yugoslavia was pretty epic. Shame that it collapsed though.
- American Republicanism - My most loyal supporters on the right.
- Confederalism - Look, son, I'm all for states' rights, but the states can't do everything.
- Urbism - Microstates are too small for me.
- Tridemism - My Chinese supporters overthrew his outdated emperor with him, but turned out he just want all the power centralized to himself.
- Feudalism - Understands the value of decentralization, but is much more messy and prone to infighting. I modernized your delegation to nobility in UAE and Malaysia.
- Marxism-Leninism - Thanks for making the USSR federal, though I don't like how centralized it wound up being. And I wish you made at least some of your satellite states federal too.
- Separatism - Independence? How about some autonomy instead?
- Zionism and Palestinian Nationalism - I came up with the perfect solution for these two and they won't listen. 
- Fascism - The state should comprise multiple states.
- Juche - Kim-Jong-un has too much power!
- Maoism - Not every Chinese decision needs to be made in Beijing!
- Xi Jinping Thought - Same as the above but even worse! Stop using the all-Chinese authority to incarcerate Uyghurs, let the regional leadership decide what to do with them. And let HK and Macau have autonomy.
- Unitarism - Just because I believe in federal authority doesn't mean I want to abolish state-level governments.
- Achaean League
- Tenth Amendment of the United States Constitution
- State's rights
- New Federalism (USA)
- Market-preserving federalism
- Ethnic federalism
- The principle of federation by Pierre Joseph-Proudhon
- Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (German constitution)