Eurocommunism, also referred to as Democratic Communism or Neocommunism, is a revisionist ball in the 1970s and 1980s within various Western European communist parties which said they had developed a theory and practice of social transformation more relevant for Western Europe.
The invasion of Czechoslovakia by the Warsaw Pact has disillusioned many Communist parties in the Western world. The result was the break from Soviet orthodoxy and greater commitment to liberal democracy in those parties. Eurocommunism was the most prominent in Italy, Spain, and France.
The ascendancy of Enrico Berlinguer during the 70s helped the Italian Communist Party (PCI) gain many more seats in the national and local elections. With those gains, he negotiated a Historic Compromise with Aldo Moro, a very popular Prime Minister in the Christian Democracy (DC.) According to Berlinguer, the fall of democracy in Chile necessitates the cooperation between the Marxists and the more moderate factions. With the support of DC, they would then pursue many social reforms and condemn many terrorist groups during the Years of Lead. The Compromise would continue until 1980.
Personality and Behaviour
Let's just say that he is a very nice guy but hates capitalists.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball.,
- Fill it with red.
- Draw a circle of 12 gold stars.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Red||#ED1D26||237, 29, 38|
|Gold||#FFCC00||255, 204, 0|
- Marxism - I'll make your vision a reality.
- Trotskyism - Fellow global Marxist.
- Austromarxism - Taught me all about economics.
- Democratic Socialism - Fellow democracy loving leftist, who taught me how to achieve communism.
- Anationalism - An international language, what a great idea!
- Socialism - Power to European workers!!!
- Council Communism - Almost me.
- Socialism with a Human Face - Thank you for inspiring me. Your sacrifice shall never be in vain.
- European Federalism - Son, you have the right idea of a united Europe, but completely wrong politics!!!
- Social Democracy - Wait, I'm confused, do you support capitalism or oppose it?
- Anarcho-Communism - Based communism, but please become more statist.
- Anarcho-Pacifism - Peace is great, but anarchy is not.
- Korwinism - My opposite.
- Capitalism - The plague of Europe.
- Fascism - A bunch of xenophobic and hateful bastards who brought nothing but pain to Europe. Still, thank you Almirante for coming to my funeral.
- National Socialism - Same as the above, but even worse.
- Neo-Bolshevism - Don't confuse me for him!!! (uniting Europe under communism is pretty based tho)