Ecological Nationalism (EcoNat) also called Eco-Nationalism or Green Nationalism is a political ideology which synthesis nationalist ideal of national duty with environmentalist concerns for protecting the natural habitat.
The Green Party was originally named the Green Movement and led by Eran Ben-Yemini and Alon Tal. It formed as a political party, and ran a joint list with Meimad, a dovish religious party, after Meimad had ended its alliance with the Labor Party. In addition to the environment, the electoral slate's platform addressed issues of education, social democracy, religious pluralism, and co-existence with the Palestine. The campaign downplayed religious issues, and emphasized environmental questions.
The party's main focus is on toxic pollution in Haifa Bay and the effects on nearby land. Another focus is on air pollution. They also want to make Israel carbon free.
In 2005 the British National Party claimed in their manifesto to be the only "only true ‘Green Party’ in Britain". However the party has engaged in Climate Change denial, so their environmentalist creditability is highly debateable.
We are the only true ‘Green Party’ in Britain as only the BNP intends to end mass immigration into Britain and thereby remove at a stroke the need for an extra 4 million homes in the green belts of the South East and elsewhere, which are required to house the influx of 5 million immigrants expected to enter the country under present trends over the next twenty years.British National Party, Rebuilding British Democracy
In 2014, the leader of French National Front (now the National Rally) Marine Le Pen launched a 'new ecology' movement.
Central and Eastern
Independence movements from the USSR (mainly in Estonia, Lithuania and Ukraine) saw environmental degradation as the systemic flaw of the Soviet system.
Personality and Behavior
Shares many stereotypical beliefs commonly found in other nationalist ideologies, but focuses mainly on the environment, as they think that healthy environment will help their nation prosper.
Concerned about air and water pollution, deforestation and, depends on the country they're in, VERY anti-nuclear because of Chernobyl flashbacks and will never fogive Marxism–Leninism for that.
He is EcoCon's best friend and has a love-hate relationship with both Capitalism and Socialism.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with green (#22B14C)
- Draw a white waving flag (#FFFFFF)
- Draw a leaf on the flag with green
- Add a pair of eyes
|Green||#22B14C||34, 177, 76|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Nationalism - Green Stanistan best Stanistan!
- Environmentalism - Protect our forests!
- Eco-Conservatism - A conservative who isn't a total brainlet. He's my best friend!
- Bull Moose Progressivism - The best president America has ever had!
- National Agrarianism - Greetings, fellow nationalist. Did you know that the climate change will have a negative effect on your crops and livestock? Also, with the rising sea levels you'll have less land to cultivate.
- Left-Wing Nationalism - Supports me on most issues.
- Eco-Socialism & Eco-Capitalism - As long as they stay true to their beliefs, I support both of them.
- Khrushchevism - A commie I can tolerate. Let's just say your Virgin Lands campaign had its ups and downs...
- Ultranationalism - Some of his parties have my beliefs included, but overall I'm scared to be around him.
- Green Libertarianism - You will need a state to protect the environment. But I still like you. Wait, you support nuclear energy?!
- Eco-Authoritarianism - Sorry, but I'm not really into your hippie dictatorship thingy.
- Eco-Fascism - They say that this is an extreme version of me? I'm not sure how am I supposed to feel about that.
- Capitalism - Doesn't have the best record when it comes to preserving the environment, but at least they try.
- Socialism - Green ideologies often like them, but they're also sometimes friendly with those monsters .
- Right-Wing Populism - At least we both hate globetards, but please try to be more environmentally conscious once in a while.
- Marxism–Leninism - I will never forgive you for Chernobyl, Semipalatinsk and the Aral Sea!
- Posadism - HELL NO! Go nuke yourself instead!
- Maoism - Wow. This "Great Leap Forward" is even worse!
- Authoritarian Capitalism - STOP CUTTING OUR TREES!!
- Industrialism - STOP POLLUTING OUR AIR AND WATER!!!
- National Socialism - What do you mean this monster is an environmentalist?!
- Trumpism - Calls himself a "nationalist", yet doesn't care whatsoever about his nation's nature.
- Bolsonarism - Somehow cares even LESS about his nation's nature.
- Anti-Environmentalism - Have fun breathing toxic air for the rest of your life you soulless asshole.
- State Liberalism - Disgusting polluting globetard.
- Neighborstan - FUCK YOU AND YOUR FILTH-INFESTED CLAY!
- Eco-Nationalism: Anti-Nuclear Activism and National Identity in Russia, Lithuania, and Ukraine by Jane I. Dawson
- Contemporary Environmentalism in the Baltic States: From Phosphate Springs to 'Nordstream' by David J. Galbreath
- The new path of Ukrainian eco-nationalism
- Does the Radical Right Employ Eco-Nationalism?
- Green nationalism? How the far right could learn to love the environment
- The Daily Express and its green nationalism
- The case for green nationalism
Credit: Konlord 44's drawing