Cultural Nationalism is an ideology which views the nation as being a shared culture. It is portrayed as nationalistic and culturally right-wing. CultNat represents an intermediate position between civic nationalism and ethnic/racial nationalism, and is most often manifested in moderate forms such as Flemish nationalism and Hindu nationalism, though these two can easily become ethnic nationalists. It is strongly opposed to multiculturalism, and usually only pro-immigration if the immigrants assimilate into their culture.
Cultural Patriotism is the belief in the beauty and veneration of your culture on a personal level, but it has no bearing on the political level, unless in very very severe cases of globalism. For example a Scottish person by enjoy the highland games but contrary to nationalists they would take no issue with say, an Arab, competing in the games as well.
Cultural Chauvinists believe in the enforcement and expansion of their culture to the direct misfortune of others. They support genocide, slavery and apartheid to rid their nation of any who are not of their culture. Cultural Chauvinism is very close to National Socialism but differs in that they bear no mind to heritage, simple the values and traditions of people today.
Assimilationism occurs when one group of people take on the customs, beliefs and culture of another group. This is usually done by a minority group to fit in with the majority and can either be enforced through government policy or happen naturally. Assimilationism is often favoured by National Conservative groups as they believe that immigrants should adopt the customs and culture of their new country.
Personality and Behaviour
How to Draw
The design of Cultural Nationalism is, like many other ideologies on this Wiki, simply a recolor of Nationalism.
- Draw a ball,
- Fill in with grey,
- Draw a flag in orange,
- Draw in the eyes, and you're done!
|Grey||#585858||88, 88, 88|
|Orange||#FF6600||255, 102, 0|
- Traditionalism - I love my culture...
- Nationalism - ...and I love my country.
- National Conservatism - The best carrier of my ideas!
- Alt-Lite - He also does an excellent job!
- Right-Wing Populism - National Populism is based.
- Interculturalism - Huh, I guess that's one way to achieve cultural homogeneity in the long term.
- Reactionary Liberalism - My liberal pal.
- Welfare Chauvinism - My welfarist pal.
- Hindutva - Indian culture must be preserved.
- Kemalism - Good job with creating a culturally homogeneous Turkey buddy!
- Civic Nationalism - Me, but more open to uncultured immigrants.
- National Liberalism - NatCon, but as a libtard.
- National Libertarianism - Same as above, only libertarian. Bernier is kinda based.
- Ultranationalism - Usually has good ideas, but is also pretty damn crazy.
- Reactionarism - Also committed to protecting culture, but you still take it too far, and I don't like how some of your variants oppose nationalism. Spengler was based though.
- Ethnic Nationalism & Racial Nationalism - See, just because I wanna protect my culture doesn't mean I believe in this "pureblood" bullshit.
- National Socialism - The utterly deranged fanboy of the guys above who ruined the name of nationalism forever.
- Anationalism - Language is a part of my culture!
- Multiculturalism - A nation can't properly be a nation without the culture that represents it.
And some cultures are just better than others.
- Globalism - Gross!
- Progressivism - You want to destroy my culture!
- The Neighborstani culture - THE STANISTANI CULTURE IS BETTER THAN YOUR DISGUSTING NEIGHBORSTANI ONE!
- The Decline of the West by Oswald Spengler
- Cultural nationalism by Eric Taylor Woods
- Nationalism and Ethnicity: Cultural Nationalism on Encyclopedia.com
- What is British Cultural Nationalism?
- Cultural nationalism
- Cultural conservatism
- Cultural Racism
- Flemish Movement
- British Freedom Party
- Reclaim Party
- Cultural Nationalism by Political science Tutorials