Christian Socialism, sometimes called ChristSoc, is an economically left-wing and culturally variable ideology, inhabiting either the bottom of the AuthLeft or the top of the LibLeft quadrant. He believes a socialist society is endorsed by the Holy Bible and the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. He condemns Capitalism for being idolatrous and for promoting the Deadly Sin of greed, among other sins.
German Peasants' War
The German Peasant War was a large-scale peasant uprising that broke out in 1524. At the beginning, it was a local peasant uprising and later extended to most of the southern regions (southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland). The peasants raised clear requirements for the first time by proposing the Twelve Clauses Uprising. In 1525, the uprising was suppressed in Schwaben, Franken, Alsace and Turingen. The 1526 uprising was extinguished in Saxony and Tyrol. Similar uprisings had broken out in Britain and Switzerland before the peasant uprising broke out.
The Münster Rebellion took place after the German Peasants' War, in which they attempted an Anabaptist Christian Theocracy between 1532 (in fact 1534) and 1535 in the Holy Roman Empire. The foundations of the community believed that the Bible claimed absolute equality and distribution of all goods. In Münster, several men were soon baptized and others were apparently rebaptized with the support of Bernhard Rothmann. The rebellion ended in 1535, after being taken over by the besiegers of the Holy Roman Empire, in which all the leaders were tortured and executed and their bodies exposed in public in cages.
In Barbados Christian Socialism is based on opposition leader, former MP and Bishop Joseph Atherley and the party he founded: People's Party for Democracy and Development (PdP), whose slogan is "God, Growth and Peace". His ideas are based on laborism, Christian Social Democracy and a left-wing democracy. Christian leftism is evident when Atherley announced the formation of the PdP in 2018, stating that the party would be "socialist and Christian".
Atherley was the only member of the chamber for the PdP and made an alliance with the United Progressive Party, forming the electoral alliance Party of the Alliance for Progress, adopting the ideology of both parties, being Progressivism and Christian Democratic Socialism. The Alliance is from the opposition and received 2.81% taking 3rd place and its slogan is "Download APP".
In Nicaragua Christian socialism had influence in the form of Sandinista ideology also known as Sandinismo, based on the revolutionary Augusto César Sandino and espoused by the Sandinista National Liberation Front.
Augusto César Sandino was a Nicaraguan revolutionary who from 1927 to 1933 was the leader of an armed rebellion against the US occupation of Nicaragua. Despite being assassinated, Sandino became an anti-imperialist icon.
In 1961, Nicaragua was under the dictatorship of the Somoza Family, which was backed by the United States, so, inspired by Sandino's asañas, the socialist politician Carlos Fonseca founded the Sandinista National Liberation Front, a guerrilla organization from socialist court that, after waging a violent revolution, managed to overthrow the Somoza Family and establish a socialist government.
Following this, the Sandinistas clashed with anti-communist insurgent groups called "Contras" in a civil war that lasted until 1990, when the opposition defeated the Sandinistas in pre-presidential elections.
After a long time without being in power, the Sandinistas would win the 2006 presidential elections with Daniel Ortega, who over time would perpetuate himself in power. Currently the Sandinistas control almost the entire national samblea. Under Ortega, the Sandinista government has moved away from the left and become more authoritarian.
Taiping Heavenly Kingdom
The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom was a state in China from 1851 to 1864. It was formed by Hong Xiuquan, who claimed he was the younger brother of Jesus and tried to overthrow the Qing Dynasty and install a Christian Theocracy. While not necessarily communist, the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom implemented numerous policies similar to communism, such as abolishing private property and the creation of a classless society. The Taiping inplemented a large number of sweeping reform to make China more like the God Worshipping Society. These included:
- The subject of study for the state examinations for officials changed from the Confucian classics to the Bible.
- Private property was abolished.
- Land was redistributed back to the peasants.
- The solar calendar was replaced by the lunar calendar.
- Foot binding was banned.
- Society was declared classless.
- The sexes were declared equal and women could take the state examinations for the first time in Chinese history. Women served in the military, including Hong Xuanjiao, Su Sanniang and Qin Ersao.
- The sexes were rigorously separated and entire military divisions were created for just women and, until 1855, married couples weren't allowed to have sex, unless it was for making children.
- The queue hairstyle, which was mandated under the Qing Dynasty, was abandoned.
- Opium, gambling, tobacco, alcohol, polygamy (including concubinage), slavery, and prostitution. All of these carried death penalties.
Gan Prince Hong Rengan also proposed some more reforms, which he got the permission of the Heavenly King to implement, but the Qing Dynasty, British Empire and Second French Empire destroyed the Taiping. The reforms included:
- Making 1 railway for every province.
- Adopting steamships.
- Establishment of private banks.
- Granting of 10 year patents for major inventions, 5 year patents for minor inventions.
- Establishment of a national postal service.
- Promotion of mineral exploration.
- Introduction of governmental investigative officers.
- Introduction of independent state media officers for reporting the news.
- Institution of district treasuries and paymasters to manage finances.
The war between the Qing Dynasty and Taiping Heavenly Kingdom would be known as the Taiping Rebellion, and would result in between 20-30 million deaths, making it one of the bloodiest conflicts in human history, second only to World War 2. The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom issued "The Land System of the Heavenly Dynasty". This system tries to abolish feudal land ownership and distribute land equally according to population and age. But today's historians believe that it is utopian and wrong, because this system is based on the average of small-scale peasant economy.
ChristSoc is a devout follower of Christianity who deeply empathizes with his fellow balls. He preaches the biblical passages that endorse more progressive messages over the ones that his conservative peers single out. He is often seen volunteering for good causes and doing political advocacy.
How to Draw
Drawing ChristSoc is fairly simple:
- Draw a ball
- Fill the ball with red berry.
- Draw 4 white L's shaped into a Christian cross in the middle of the ball.
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Red berry||#990000||153, 0, 0|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
- Socialism - The only economic system that earnestly cares for the poor.
- Conservative Socialism - Incredibly based.
- Utopian Socialism - Is a shoo-in for going to heaven.
- Democratic Socialism - "Democracy is the most revolutionary thing in the world." - Tony Benn
- Left-Wing Populism - I use similar methods to his but with the word of God.
- Socialism of the 21st Century - Evo is based.
- Eco-Socialism - We must protect God’s green earth
- Marxism - While he might've disliked religion, Marx was still based.
- Distributism - We resemble each other quite a bit, but he gets flustered and claims to be nothing like me when anyone points it out. I still love and respect him.
- Christian Democracy - Democracy is the only way.
- Liberation Theology - I like what I see!
- Guild Socialism - Based economics.
- Chavismo - My Venezuelan son.
- Tridemism - Christian and Socialist. Based!
Although most of your modern day supporters are neither.
- Welfarism - "The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor." -Proverbs 22:9
- Posadism - Bless your heart...
- Catholic Theocracy - Sometimes we agree although one from my variants is actually chasing you . And no, I'm not him! - Stop mistaking me for a cattocomunista!
- Reactionary Socialism - I like your general direction, brother, but I think you're taking things a bit too far.
- Marxist Feminism - I like the economics and gender equality but cool it with the anti-Christianism!
- Black Nationalism - MLK wanted racial unity! Not racial segregation!
- Fourth Theory - Nazbol weirdo that likes the Orthodox Church, but at least Ortega likes you.
- Titoism - Just stop accusing catholic Croats and you'll be perfect.
- State Atheism - Go away, blasphemer!
- Prosperity Gospel - Damnable heresy.
- Capitalism - "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” -Matthew 19:24.
- Libertarianism - "Behold, I have given unto you the power to tread on serpents." - Luke 10:19
- Clerical Fascism - Which Bible translation have YOU been reading???
- State Liberalism - Literally the devil!
- Neoconservatism - You will burn for what you did in El Salvador!
- Economic Liberalism - "And when we look back on the nineteen-eighties, we will see many victims of market forces, I do not share the general view that market forces are the basis of political liberty. Every time I see a person in a cardboard box in London, I say that person is a victim of market forces. Every time I see a pensioner who can't manage, a victim of market forces. The sick who are waiting for medical treatment that they could accelerate by private insurance. They are a victim of market forces" - Tony Benn
- Imperialism - "What fools we are to live in a generation for which war is a computer game for our children and just an interesting little Channel Four news item." - Tony Benn
- European Federalism - "My view about the European Union has always been not that I am hostile to foreigners, but that I am in favour of democracy ... I think they're building an empire there, they want us to be a part of their empire and I don't want that." - Tony Benn
- Esoteric Fascism - [Removed by moderator. Banned to 72 hours]
Original image 2
God Worshipping Theory
"If leftist ideologies were RPG characters" by Roxxagon, Source
Credit: Based And Jedpilled
- Equality and Religion And The Rise of Capitalism by Richard Henry Tawney
- Christianity and Social Order by Archbishop William Temple
- The Hijacking of Jesus: How the Religious Right Distorts Christianity and Promotes Prejudice and Hate by Dan Wakefield
- The Benn Diaries (1940-1990) by Tony Benn
- Letter from Birmingham Jail by Dr. Martin Luther King
- Three Cheers for Socialism by David Bentley Hart
- MLK Jr.'s Bookshelf By Clayborne Carson as told to Cori Brosnahan
- The Kingdom of God Is Within You By Leo Tolstoy
- A Theology of Liberation By Gustavo Gutiérrez
- Christianity and the Social Crisis in the 21st Century By Walter Rauschenbusch
- Introducing Liberation Theology By Leonardo Boff
- Christian Socialism
- Social Gospel
- Liberation theology
- Catholic social teaching
- Christian communism
- Christian left
- Christian anarchism
- Thomas More
- Henri de Saint-Simon
- R. H. Tawney
- Tony Benn
- Dorothy Day
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
- Joseph Atherley
- Evo Morales
- Liz Bruenig
- Ivan Stepanovich Prokharov (RU)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Tommy Douglas
- Nelson Mandela
- Leo Tolstoy
- David Bentley Hart
- Gerrard Winstanley
- William Everard
- Thomas Müntzer
- Cornel West
- Sandinista National Liberation Front
- United Socialist Party of Venezuela
- Catholic Worker Movement
- Christians on the Left
- ↑ phttps://web.archive.org/web/20000816215922/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/1998/int/980323/latin_america.an_ugly_fa3.html]
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_women_in_the_Nicaraguan_Revolution
- ↑ 1