Castroism, is a Socialist, culturally center ideology inhabiting the top left corner of the political compass, following the policies or actions of Fidel Castro and his successors.
Prior to 1959, Cuba was ruled by Batista, an authoritarian capitalist dictatorship. From 1959-1960, Fidel Castro and other communists started the Cuban Revolution and overthrew Bataista. Fidel Castro was made the new leader of Cuba. In 1961, the United States attempted to overthrow Castro but failed miserably in the Bay of Pigs invasion, causing them to start using undercover operations to try and kill Castro. In 1962, the United States discovered Soviet missiles in Cuba and thus began the Cuban Missile Crisis. The United States said these missiles were illegal and violated international law, though this was a bit hypocritical as they had stationed missiles in Turkey. After the Cuban Missile Crisis ended a week after it started, the US would keep trying to assasinate Castro all up until his death in 2016 by natural causes.
Castroism is the ideology created by Fidel Castro and those related to his political & military career as the former leader of Cuba. Because of this it also represents the beliefs of Fidel Castro along with the newly established Cuban government during & after the Cuban revolution
Personality And Behavior
Castroism is similar to Marxism–Leninism in personality, but with added snarkiness. He completely loves milk, to fanatic levels mostly, and also likes spouting very impossible ideas on how to produce more milk.
He often brings up his success of making one of the worlds best cow ever even when criticized, and acts like it's a massive achievement, he also likes offering people cigars. He has a really odd amount of survivability, being able to survive hundreds of assassination attempts, mostly because his bones are super strong from drinking a ton of milk.
He is often seen bickering with Cuban exiles and island born Cubans over the possibility of somehow repealing embargos placed on Cuba though this makes both the orthodox Marxist Leninist wings of the party and Neoconservatives angry as Marxists fear this would lead to revisionism while Neoconservatives believe it would be an insult to the exiles property rights.
In general he is quite pragmatic when it comes to both cultural and economic policy which is a heated topic of debate amongst Cubans
How to Draw
Castroism has two primary designs, one based on the Cuban national flag, and one based on the revolutionary flag of the 26th of July Movement political party.
- Draw a ball.
- Fill it with 5 alternating stripes of blue and white.
- On the right side, draw a red chevron.
- Put a white star in the chevron.
- Draw eyes and you're done.
|Blue||#002590||0, 37, 144|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Red||#D00C27||208, 12, 39|
- Draw a ball.
- Fill the top half red and the bottom half black.
- Put the text "M-26-7" in white on the middle of the flag.
- Draw eyes and you're done.
|Red||#CC0D0D||204, 13, 13|
|Black||#202020||32, 32, 32|
|Black||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
Castroism can have a few relevant props:
- A green tarp patrol cap with a yellow star on the front.
- A Cuban cigar.
- A glass of milk.
- Balls can't grow hair, but a fake beard might be used sometimes.
- Marxism–Leninism - Papá.
- Ho Chi Minh Thought - Anti-Imperialist Socialist Ally.
- Juche - Stay safe eastern buddy. Though could you chill with this whole totalitarian thing.
- Guevarism - Fellow revolutionary.
- Agrarian Socialism - I don't like urbanites either. I blew up their casinos, I also like milk.
- Guild Socialism- Thanks for helping me fix the economy after the revolution you're a great friend.
- Khrushchevism - My good ally from the USSR.
- Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era - Xi Jinping is one of the strongest & most capable revolutionary leaders I have met in my life.
- Kemalism - Another great revolutionary even if not Socialist. I built a statue of you in Cuba.
- Chavismo - Based. Doing great in Venezuela.
- Christian Communism, Christian Socialism, and Liberation Theology - I think that Jesus was a communist because of that fisherman.
- Marhaenism - My friend from Indonesia.
- Black Nationalism and African Socialism - Malcolm X is a good friend and I support pan-Africanism.
- Titoism - Yugoslav comrade! Here, have a cigar.
- Honeckerism - You are very based, also thanks for the Teddy bear!
- Dengism - We both follow the same path
- Yellow Socialism - I want the embargo to end too but you're way too enthusiastic about it.
- Khomeinism - Not a fan of religious theocracy but I am a fan of his anti-imperialist stances.
- Maoism - You were a noble revolutionary, but we didn't always see eye to eye.
- FALGSC - I deeply regret my past actions towards our LGBT comrades, I promise to never make that mistake again. We still need to achieve socialism on Earth first before we're truly ready for space communism, but I like your spirit, comrade!
- National Bolshevism - The communism is based, social views a bit too reactionary for my liking.
- Zionism - It's complicated, to say the least.
- Posadism - You got me in a lot of trouble during the Cuban missile crisis.
- Conservative Socialism - We were once friends for a while, but I am trying to distance myself from you, because you don’t like gay people and I am trying to distance myself from that. Also you are quite bourgeois.
- Trotskyism- People compare me a lot to you but we're not the same. Also you created Neoconservatism so fuck off! Chavez and Maduro are based, though.
- Anarcho-Communism - We need a state to deal with counter-revolutionaries!
- Ultranationalism - I used to support your ideals a lot, but now I have to tone down a bit as you are too reactionary.
- Pink Capitalism - We weren't the best with the LGBT community in the early years, but seriously?
- Batistaism - Fuck off, Batista, you fascist pig.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Foolish capitalist.
- Neoconservatism - Never again.
- Neoliberalism - CIA AGENT, DIE!
- Imperialism - Same as the above two.
- Stalinism - You established a personality cult, formed a bureaucracy, and killed millions, especially religious people and homosexuals! ̶W̶a̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶E̶X̶A̶C̶T̶L̶Y̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶?̶!̶
- Hoxhaism - Aren't you just the above again?
- Liberalism - G U S A N O S!
- Reactionary Socialism - What.....the.......fuck?
- Trumpism - You and your imperialistic allies are the real state sponsors of terrorism, orange dickhead.
- Liberal Feminism - A pink paint over imperialism does not make it any better.
- Pinochetism - CIA puppet.
- Classical Liberalism - Another gusano!
- Libertarianism - Your color revolution is not going to work.
- White Nationalism - The ideology of imperialist America.
- My Life: A Spoken Autobiography by Fidel Castro
- History Will Absolve Me by Fidel Castro
- Capitalism in Crisis: Globalization and World Politics Today by Fidel Castro
- Hidden History of the Cuban Revolution: How the Working Class Shaped the Guerillas' Victory by Steve Cushion
- Politics of Fidel Castro
- 26th of July Movement
- Cuban Revolution
- Communist Party of Cuba
- Politics of Cuba
- Mesa redonda cuba - Livestreams from the cuban government
- Fidel Castro: An Unauthorized Biography
- Fidel Castro shares his political ideology, 1959: CBC Archives by the CBC
- Fidel Castro: Hero or Villain? by NowThis World
- Fidel Castro's Dairy Adventures by Sam O'Nella Academy
- How does Cuba work?