Bonapartism is an Authoritarian Right (in today's standards) but for the time it was left for the modern Civil Code and equality before law. It was a culturally center ideology, located near the border with the authoritarian left quadrant, supervening from Napoleon Bonaparte and his followers and successors. in the strict sense, it aims to establish an imperial regime in France at the head of which would be placed a member of the family of Napoleon Bonaparte and in the broadest sense, it aims to establish a nation state with a strong and centralized executive which is authoritarian and largely undemocratic, but Republican in essence and which regularly consults the will of the people through plebiscites. Bonapartism is a very big tent ideology; Napoleon III once commented on the ideological diversity of his court, saying "The Empress is a Legitimist, Morny is an Orléanist, Prince Napoleon is a Republican, and I myself am a Socialist. There is only one Bonapartist, Persigny - and he is mad!"
After the death of Maximilien Robespierre, the French Directory controlled France. This government was extremely unpopular, so a young Corsican boy by the name of Napoleon Bonaparte overthrew the government and proclaimed himself the First Consul. Then eventually, as he protected France and expanded his borders, he gained more and more popularity and therefore crowned himself as Emperor.
Bonapartism supports the Enlightenment and supports spreading its values everywhere, however; he is also a pragmatist and thus doesn't support too much radical change.
He wants to usurp the throne of Spain & really hates Russia for some reason.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball and color the tricolor French flag inside it.
- In the center draw the coat of arms of the First French Empire.
- Draw the eyes.
- Optionally, draw it wearing Napoleon Bonaparte's hat.
- Enlightened Absolutism - Has great ideas.
- Enlightenment - I will finish what you have started.
- Machiavellianism - How I came into power and how I maintain it.
- Imperialism - The French empire will spread the revolution worldwide!
- Catholic Theocracy - I brought you back to France; The Cult of Reason and Cult of the Supreme Being were no good for it.
- Meritocracy - I love Meritocracy and helped it becoming a part of Europe.
- Nietzschean Philosophy - Nietzsche believed that I am a higher human.
- Islamic Theocracy - Muhammad was a great man
- Nationalism - I support Corsica and was bullied for it, but became a French emperor!!!
- Republicanism - I am the true successor to the revolution!
- Constitutionalism - I will rewrite the constitution is that ok?
- Classical Liberalism - The people shall have rights, but shall not have the vote!
- Integral Nationalism - I love France too but why don't you like the Enlightenment?
- Jacobinism - I used to be one of you, but why did you have to cause so much chaos?
- Marxism–Leninism - I mostly like what I see here, but what's with this anti-imperialism talk?
- Reactionary Socialism - Good direction overall, but why feudalism? Imperialism is good, but crusadism?
- National Socialism - Why do you admire me?
- Feudalism - Stop impeding progress!
- Reactionarism - Stop trying to destroy me!
- Feuillantism - I'm emperor now deal with it!
- Integralism - Hippity hoppity your country is my property!
- Kleptocracy - Corrupt government officials? Bad infrastructure? Throw them in the trash!
- Feminism - Women's Rights?
| First French Republic Ideologies - Vive la République |
|Canon||Jacobinism • Bonapartism • Babouvism • French Constitutionalism • Girondism • La Plaineism • Feuillantism|