Not to be confused with Chinese Blueshirtism.
Blueshirtism is an authoritarian unity, culturally far-right, ideology based on the ideas of Clerical Fascism in Ireland. The ideology is practiced by the short-lived political party Army Comrades Association, later called the National Guard, then Young Ireland and for the final time, the League of Youth, well known as The Blueshirts.
The ideology is named simply after the party that is mentioned before. However, the members of that party are sometimes nicknamed "Blueshirts".
The history will be mainly about the Eion O'Duffy and the Blueshirts itself that uses the ideology as it's basis.
Eoin O'Duffy was born in 28th January 1890 at Lough Egish, County Monaghan, Ireland near Castleblayney to an impoverished smallholder family while he was the youngest of seven children and his father named Owen Duffy had inherited his 15-acre farm from his father called Peter Duffy since 1888 even the farm was not perfect. His mother named Bridget Fealy dead of cancer when Eoin O'Duffy was 12 years old with his mother's ring on forever and in 1909 he went to St Patrick's College, Dublin for an education but after that he moved to Newbliss as an engineer. Eoin O'Duffy becomes an leading member of the Gaelic Athletic Association in Ulster and believed that more Irish boys should play sports to keep them away from smoking or drinking but years later he appointed secretary of the Ulster Provincial Council in 1912.
In 1917, Eoin O'Duffy joined the Irish Volunteers that later become the Irish Republican Army (IRA) in the Irish War Of Independence 1919-1921 aso after Eoin O'Duffy became brigadier he meet Michael Collins so he could be joined the Irish Republican Brotherhood and in 1918 Eoin O'Duffy became secretary of Sinn Féin's north Monaghan area council but he was arrested for illegal assembly but he was released in November 19th 1918. Eoin O'Duffy ordered his brigade to raid the homes of Protestants along with Unionists for weapons along with raiding stores, burning delivery vans, ruining the railroad system and trying to get George Lester killed but failed.
After the Irish War Of Independence 1919-1921 have ended, Eoin O'Duffy supported the Anglo-Irish Treaty seeing this as a stepping stone to an Irish republic also later in 1922 he became Europe's youngest general before Francisco Franco and he joined in the National Army of the Irish Free State during the Irish Civil War 1922-1923 even he took Limerick from the Anti-Treaty IRA. In September 1922, Eoin O'Duffy left the National Army to become police commissioner for the Garda Síochána to do Catholic duties and stopping alcoholism but Éamon de Valera dismissed Eoin O'Duffy as police commissioner in 1933. The reason why Eoin O'Duffy was not a police commissioner anymore because he is too biased because of past political affiliations and also in truth he was planning a military coup for W. T. Cosgrave.
The 1932 Public Safety Act in Ireland was suspended, lifting bans on numerous organizations such as the Irish Republican Army, along with some of the organization's political prisoners released. In 1932, Ned Cronin founded the party known as the Army Comrades Association. The party is for the Irish army veterans, according to their name. They believe that freedom of speech is being 'repressed', and now providing security at events at Cumann na nGaedheal, leading to clashes between the Irish Republican Army and the Army Comrades Association. It had more than 30,000 members by September, 1932.
Some of these members later joined the Irish republican army leading to yet another split between pro treaty factions of the IRA and anti-treaty factions within the IRA.
Eoin O'Duffy renamed into the National Guard and then he re-modelled the organisation with Fascist elements such as the Roman salute, political uniforms, marching rallies & adopting an economic system called Corporatism but requiring members must be Catholic to join in this movement.
The National Guard has following objectives to "Make Ireland Great Again".
- Promote the reunification of Ireland.
- Oppose to Communism and foreign influence to uphold Catholic principles in every sphere of public activity.
- Promote and maintain social order.
- Make organised and disciplined voluntary public service a permanent and accepted feature of the political life and to lead the youth of Ireland in a movement of constructive national action.
- Promote of co-ordinated national organisations of employers and employed with the aid of judicial tribunals will effectively prevent strikes, lock-outs and harmoniously compose industrial influences.
- Cooperate with the official agencies of the state for the solution of such pressing social problems as the provision of useful and economic public employment for those whom private enterprise cannot absorb.
- Secure the creation of a representative national statutory organisation of farmers with rights and status sufficient to secure the safeguarding of agricultural interests in all revisions of agricultural and political policy.
- Expose and prevent corruption or victimisation in the national and local administration.
- Awaken throughout the country a spirit of combination, discipline, zeal and patriotic realism which will put the state in a position to serve the people efficiently in the economic along with social spheres.
The National Guard aka the Blueshirts planned a flawless parade in Dublin at August 22nd 1933 for proceeding into Glasnevin Cemetery, stopping at Leinster lawn in front of the Irish parliament and make a couple speeches to commemorate Irish leaders such as Arthur Griffith, Michael Collins & Kevin O'Higgins but it was stopped by the Irish government because the parade reminded about Mussolini's March on Rome and it cause a coup d'état, so they banned the parade along with Eoin O'Duffy accepting it but several provincial parades lead the Irish government to ban the Blueshirts as an illegal organisation. Eoin O'Duffy has responded to the ban by merging the National Guard with two political parties such as the Cumann Na nGaedheal & the National Centre Party into one political party called Fine Gael, a Liberal Conservative, Christian Democracy & Syncretic movement with Eoin O'Duffy as it's first president while W. T. Cosgrave and James Dillon acting as vice-presidents and the National Guard changed it's name to Young Ireland and became part of a youth wing of Fine Gael so that means the Blueshirts survive the ban. Eoin O'Duffy preferred Fine Gael to be named as the United Ireland Party but it did not happened and also Irish minister of justice P. J. Ruttledge wanted to ban the uniforms of the Bluehshirts with a Restriction Bill but it did happened as well but when Fine Gael won only six out of 23 of the 1934 Irish local elections the Blueshirts were divided into the pro-O'Duffy faction and the pro-Cronin faction. This resulted in Eoin O'Duffy leaving Fine Gael in September 1934 while the remaining Blueshirts was led by Ned Cronin but the Blueshirts have been dissolved in 1935 after some of them became foregin volunteers that fought for Fascist Italy in the Second Italo-Ethiopian War 1935-1937.
After Eoin O'Duffy was removed from Fine Gael along with the Blueshirts being dissolved in 1935, He founded his own political movement called the National Corporate Party aka the Greenshirts after a meeting of 500 people in June and then eighty Blueshirts have become Greenshirts. The National Corporate Party have raised funds through public dances while it promotes an independent Republic outside of the British Empire to represents the ideas of The Easter Rising 1916. The National Corporate Party have committed itself to the preservation along with promotion of the Irish language and Gaelic culture even another Irish Fascist political party called the Ailtirí na hAiséirghe/Architects Of The Resurrection does the same thing since 1942 during World War 2.
When the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 has started and Cardinal Joseph MacRory who is friends with a Carlist named Count Ramírez De Arellano suggested Eoin O'Duffy to create the Irish Brigade fight for Franco and the Spanish Nationalists but it came true but only in a year. Despite the Irish Government trying to stop The Irish Brigade from coming into Spain to fight, Eoin O'Duffy went to Spain where he meets Juan De la Cierva, Javier Ramírez Sinués, Emilio Mola & later Francisco Franco promising that 5,000 Irish volunteers would be here but in reality there were 700 and most of them came from Galway. The Irish Brigade were attached to the Spanish Foreign Legion however their excessive drinking lead to Spanish superiors critize the brigade as annoying and later during The Battle of Jarama 1937 as the Irish Brigade approaching the front line to fight but they were fired upon by a Falangist unit that left two Irishmen dead. After these events happened in the war along with more of them Eoin O'Duffy let The Irish Brigade to withdraw from Spain to go back to Ireland and it was greeted by hundreds of people in Dublin but later The Irish Brigade dissolved along with the National Corporate Party.
After Eoin O' Duffy returned to Ireland, he wrote a book called "Crusade In Spain" (1938) and it features the Irish Brigade but also features Anti-Masonry & Anti-Semitism because of the trade unions are directed or focused by the Communist International. Eoin O' Duffy congratulated Francisco Franco for winning the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 who later replied him back with a thank you for defending Catholicism from destruction and disorder. When World War 2 has started Eoin O'Duffy have meet with a Germany spy named Oskar Pfaus who put in touch with the Irish Republican Amry/IRA that involved in The S-Plan and later he met an Italian diplomat named Vincenzo Berardis who wanted him to create new Irish Fascist movement that unite the Irish Blueshirts and Irish Republicans together. In the summer of 1943 at a German Legation in Dublin, Eoin O'Duffy wanted to organise the Irish Volunteer Legion to fight against the Soviet Union even he explained his offer to the German ambassador but it was rejected and Eoin O'Duffy devolved a serious drinking problem that lead to his death in November 30th 1944.
How to Draw
- Draw a clover.
- Fill the stem and petals in light blue.
- Draw a red cross on middle of the petals.
- Draw in the eyes.
|Moderate Blue||#5492D4||84, 146, 212|
|Strong Red||#CF0103||207, 1, 3|
- Catholic Theocracy - De Mandato Summi Pontificis (By Order Of The Pope).
- Hibernocracy - Tá Éire iontach! (Ireland is great!)
- Francoism - Better than those rap!st reds!
- Carlism - You are a Spanish version of the White Movement (Russian).
- Clerical Fascism - Good lad!
- Irredentism - A land called Northern Ireland is like a pimple and we need to pot it.
- Corporatism - I will take part in a divided world of Capitalism and Communism.
- Ultranationalism - I hope there is a icon called Irish Ultranationalism that exists within you.
- Pērkonkrusts - Potatos and fascism, very based.
- Chinese Blueshirtism - We have a lot in common, including our names.
- Brazilian Integralism - I feel bad for you because of a nation that you it want to protect from the Communists just sided with the Communists.
- Nacionalismo - I have found a song on the internet that was all about Argentina but sung by an Irishman so Click This Link To Know About It
- Polish Falangism - I didn't realize that Falangism is not just for Latinos even I have met them in a war.
- Mexican Fascism - Have you ever heard about a Socialist called David Rovics who is making a song about us but in a very good manner so that means we both have to listen a song called The St. Patrick Battalion.
- Austrofascism - The good news is that you have defended yourself from pure brutal disturbing red Socialism in a short civil war but the bad news is that you have been shot by him.
- Hungarism - Oh my glob, your page have been edited by a kindergartener but don't worry you will be better in the future by some professional writer.
- Fascism - You have inspired me and my friends to follow your path for creating the best thing called the Vatican City along with preventing Communism from infecting the entire world.
- Militarism - Even the Irish Brigade has a bunch flaws in it but they did fought the battles to save Spain.
- National Agrarianism - You're right, I would rather grow my own potatoes in an Irish farm rather than getting them from foreign nations to prevent blight from coming back to our land called Ireland.
- Integralism - This is gamer Catholicism.
- National Socialism - The Irish Volunteer Corps was an idea to let our Irish veterans from Spain to fight against Bolshevism but you rejected that idea and also you are planning to erase the Catholics after you done erase the Jews along with the Slavs but at least I'm not woke.
- Irish Republicanism - We both wanted a free independent Ireland so we help each other but you started to hate me because I supported The Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921 and become a Fascist Corporatist instead of a Socialist like you.
- Fianna Fáil - You wanted Ireland to be stronger and healther right, But could you stop adding new strict laws on me please.
- British Fascism - I used to be your enemy during the Early 20th Century but now I understand that you have denounce the Black & Tans and wanted Ireland to be itself so we might both became friends but maybe.
- Zionism - I don't have a problem with you but I do have a problem with your Socialist brother and I have wrote a book about him in 1938.
- Falangism - Don't hurt me, I am on your side and you are
- Democratic Socialism - Sinn Fein hasn't won an election in years.
- Reactionary Socialism - You're a bit too extreme even for me!
- Catholic Workerism - I have never seen this type of Catholicism before even it was kinda wired.
- Fine Gael - I have created you to keep me safe but you have embrace an low ideology called Liberalism.
- Jacobitism - You have the Catholic Spirit to set us free but you have failed in your Glorious Revolution 1688-1689.
- Salazarism - I know you have perfect society in your nation but why did you think Fascism is a Atheist ideology, Mussolini has created the Vatican City for both of us.
- White Nationalism - You do realized that Irish people are white and decent but at least you are a Fascist already.
- National Feminism - I do have women in my movement and please Click Here To See The Proof Of It.
- Police Statism - Why did you rejected me because of my political views, We both are blue right.
- Moderatism - You are the ideology of me supporting the Anglo-Irish Treaty instead of being against it for an Irish Republic.
- Titoism - You would give me money if I was poor and lonely even you have thrown the Catholic Ustase into the pit.
- National Syndicalism - If your ideas don't work in Ireland so that means Corporatism is the only way to a better future.
- Protestant Theocracy - The reason why you suck because your Christianity is about birth control, wife divorce and British Imperialism.
- Christian Communism - This is the true colours of Protestantism and everybody knows that.
- Stalinism - Stop sitting on potatoes and farting on them otherwise you're gonna create another Irish Potato Famine but with Socialism in it.
- Anti-Fascism - You are going to be stoned to death but with potatoes.
- Esoteric Socialism - You are Sinn Ful.
- Labour Zionism - It was also known as Sydincalist Zionism.
- Kleptocracy - You have been exposed to the public and they know who you really are.
- Toryism - I wont lead the league of youth with the Union Jack tied to my neck!
- Marxism–Leninism - You're responsible for creating the Limerick Soviet to divide Ireland even more.
- Socialism - You're the reason why the IRA broke apart.
- Syndicalism - You are a brute who causes destruction and disorder.
- Anarcho-Syndicalism - Buenaventura Durruti looks like a pervert even he is not as one.
- State Atheism - That hat is way too big and it was not green.
- Kakistocracy - You're the kid who thinks I'm not a Fascist and you messed up friend Hungarism's page of information so what's next from you.
- State Oriental Orthodoxy - You just said "Go Back To Italy" and that's xenophobic.
- Rastafarianism - You think that marijuana is just as cool than a four leaf clover well no because it brings in bad luck to everyone and this is why Fascist Italy have invaded your homeland called Ethiopia.
- The International Brigades - You are making a Irishman fighting against an another Irishman and that is not diversity. Watch This Video About Real Diversity
- Bio-Posadism - You're the one who killed my mother with Cancer.
- Economic Liberalism - Screw you because you have made everyone poor since the year 1929.
- Eoin O'Duffy
- Army Comrades Association (Blueshirts)
- National Corporate Party (Greenshirts)
- Irish Brigade (Spanish Civil War)
- Ned Cronin
- Ernest Blythe
- Thomas F. O'Higgins
- Joseph MacRory
- Irish Fascists | Stuff That I Find Interesting by Jabzy
- Fine Gael and the Blueshirts | 1933 - 1934 | The Emergency - E03 by The Irish Nation Lives
- Ireland's 1932 General Election, The Blueshirts, & The Rise of Sinn Féin by Unemployed Historian
- Ireland: A Beacon Against Fascism? by Unemployed Historian
- The Blueshirts - Irish Blueshirt Michael Patrick Lynch Killed 13 August 1934 by Sales Consultant
- 600 Irish Blueshirts Conceal Uniforms by Movietone
- Blackshirts (1934) by British Pathé
- Liverpudlians! - Listen To General O'duffey (1932) by British Pathé
- O'Duffy's Men Back From Spanish War. by British Pathé
- Even The Olives Are Bleeding (RTÉ Documentary) 1/5 by Brian Dominic Mallon
- Fine Gael party's Fascist history: "The Blueshirts" by Fine Gael party's Fascist history: "The Blueshirts"
- Fine Gael Origin by Rebel Telly
- What If Ireland Became Fascist? | Alternate History by Monsieur Z
- Fascist Ireland by Alternatehistorypt
- Ireland In Fatherland by Alternatehistorypt
- If Ireland joined the Axis Powers by LeMapGuy
- Crusade In Spain by Eoin O'Duffy (Missing Book)