Black Nationalism, Black Marxism, Socialist Black Nationalism, Maoist Black Nationalism, or Revolutionary Black Nationalism, advocates social, political, and economic empowerment of black communities and people, especially to resist assimilation into common culture (through integration or otherwise), and maintain a distinct identity. Some propose that Africans in the United States were a nation within a nation "New Afrika", and that this nation is subject to Internal colonialism. On the societal scale the ideology is usually progressive but some of its followers can be rather conservative.
Black Nationalism varies in how extreme it is. Many black nationalists seek black empowerment or liberation, but do not wish to form a society exclusively for black people. On the more extreme side, Black Separatism wants black people to form their own nation, and separate themselves from white people and other non-black races. On an even more extreme end, Black Supremacism believes not only that black people should form a black-only society, but that they are inherently superior to other races, genetically or otherwise.
AZAPO or Azanian People's Organisation, is a Scientific Socialist South African party. It emerged as a party in 1978, even though it had already existed as a movement. In 1987, the party was banned, but it was unbanned in 1990. AZAPO had an armed wing called the Azanian National Liberation Army (AZANLA), in which it fought in the first gulf war with the support of China, Iran, Yugoslavia, etc. He also supports SOPA (Socialist Party of Anzania). The main foundations are: Black Consciousness, Scientific Marxist Socialism, South Africa's isolation and anti-apartheid.
Main Article: Mugabeism
In the Dispora
Black Nationalist ideas started to pop up in Haiti ever since the French Revolution. In fact, the Haitian Revolution was directly inspired by the same revolution in France, mainly because the riddance of a monarchy led to a power vacuum meant to be filled in. This was the chance for the enslaved people of St. Dominique (now modern-day Haiti). The conditions for the majority there had always been very poor. The Backstory was there was a class system, where the white class would be the richest, and the majority of African people would be free slave labour, living in horrible conditions. Either way they would be killed, from the activity itself or the punishments for refusing to participate in the activity. Many complained of these conditions.
Considering France was at war with most of Europe, the slaves had a huge advance. The Jacobins planned to use Reforms to keep the Haitian people under their control, or as allies to the Enlightenment. Both Toussaint L'Ouverture and Jean-Jacques Dessalines didn´t care and started the Armée Indigène (Indigenous Army) where they still went on to recruit as many slaves wherever they went. After the Voodoo conference, it would forever change the lives of the Haitian people. The revolt started, and everything became anarchy and chaos. Toussaint L'Ouverture, one of the freed slaves, adopted the ideas of the Jacobins against them as part of the rebellion in Haiti. European powers such as Spain, supported these uprisings.
Both the French and rebels made a temporary alliance when British troops attacked. Spain also joined in on harassing French troops. In the end, the French and their former slaves sought victory, and slavery was eventually abolished, but it had not stayed long until both sides when back to fighting for a reason:
Napoleon Bonaparte became the president of France. Bonaparte didn´t want the slaves to have rights and the two sides went back to fighting.
Louverture's then appealed to Napoleon of his 1801 Constitution. It made him the governor of St-Domingue and forced him to recognize the autonomy of the colony. The following year, Toussaint Louverture was invited to a conference in France. To a surprise, this was all a plot to arrest him. Upon his arrest, he was taken as hostage. He died the next year.
Eventually, Dessalines declared Haiti an independent state. He was emperor for two years before being assassinated. Despite the loss of two great fighters against colonialism, this was the first successful rebellion in the Caribbean.
Black Panther Party
Nation of Islam
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Divide into three even horizontal sections
- Fill top with red, middle with black, and bottom with green
- Add the eyes and you're done!
|Red||#E31B22||227, 27, 34|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Green||#00853E||0, 133, 62|
Personality & Behavior
Black Nationalism often comes off as aggressive and quick to accuse. In comics, people often use him to fill the 80's or 90's hip-hop star character. Other notes include:
- Hates Foreign intervention.
- Clashes with White Nationalism
- Gets along with most left-wing ideologies (especially Afrsoc and Juche)
- Speaks African-American Vernacular English
some props for Black Nationalism to have:
- A kente kufi
- Some jewelry
- Pan-Africanism - We should unite Africans to fight imperialism!
- Separatism - FOR THE REPUBLIC OF NEW AFRIKA! WE MUST SPLIT FROM WHITE AMERIKKKA!
- Left-Wing Nationalism - Supporters of New Afrika.
- Sankarism - Marxist brother in Africa. Your benefits for Burkina Faso will never be forgotten!
- Gaddafism - Can be insane at times, but you along with Sankara are good in my book.
- Mugabeism - Great job for giving Zimbabwe back to the natives (even if you fucked the ecomony)!
- National Communism - Black Bolsheviks.
- Maoism - Showing the way to the panthers.
- Castroism - Fighting against Salzar, Apartheid that klepocrat Mobutism? Based! Also a fellow supporter of BLM.
- Guevarism - True revolutionary!
- Anarcho-Communism - Good help in bashing Cops.
- Juche - One day we'll finally have black Juche.
- Marxism–Leninism–Maoism & Maoism–Third Worldism - Wait, we have some silimar things in common...
- Stratocracy - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I want you to overthrow him, not become him!
- Black Zionism - WHAAA???????
- Conservative Socialism - MLK Junior?
- Longism - Thanks for giving education. BUT HOW DARE YOU SAY THE N-WORD IN A INTERVIEW?!
- Social Democracy - Good heartened but class reductionist.
- Trotskyism - My boy ML don't like you.
- Indigenism & Indigenous Anarchism - Long live the republic of New Afrika! A land for the true inhabitants of this land... Wait, Who are you?
- Dengism - Aren't you just red Neolib? GET YOUR INFLUENCE OUT OF AFRICA. Well, you actually want to help Africans. But why do your people even hate us anyways?
- Jacobinism - Frenchie who wanted to keep the people of St. Domingue (Haiti) in french chains, but good that you think slavery is cringe.
- Civic Nationalism - I´m more influenced from Racial Nationalism, but my early followers fought for equality. That´s good to you, right?
- Anarkata - I understand your struggle, but you should need a state.
- White Nationalism - Racist cr**ker and one of my worst enemies but our separatist variants work well together.
- Griffinism - You are similar to the guy above, but at least you support us.
- National Bolshevism - Based racial state, but you love white supremacy plus you are a Nazi.
At least in the meme version.
- Gandhian Socialism - Racist!!! Stop Calling K*ffir!!! At least you became anti-racist later in your life.
- Black Islamism - You may be my brother, but stop giving me a bad name with your reactionary rants.
- Anti-Fascism - We are different from other nationalists!
- National Capitalism - Filthy Racist Capitalist, but Markus Garvey is based.
- Kagameism - You give the proof Africans can have a better future. Thanks for saving Rwanda from those maniacs. Still too neoliberal for my need.
- Imperialism - AH HELL NAH GET THE HELL OUT OF AFRICA YOU FUCKING RACISTS!!
- Alt-Right - Why does "literal fuckin autism" have a page?
- Police Statism - Racist! F*** 12! ACAB!
- Fascism - Piss off, never forget the atrocities you did in Ethiopia!
- Mediacracy - የትግራይ ክልልን ውሸትና ፕሮፓንዳጋ በትክክለኛ የኢትዮጵያ ሸክላ እንዴት ማሰራጨት ቻላችሁ!
- Democratism - Racist Trump supporter! Thank god I´m not voting for you.
- Kleptocracy - Fuck you! You don't care for Africans, you only care for the wealth European governments give you corrupt pig! Overthrowing you in Mali and Burkina Faso was the best thing ever.
- Neoconservatism - A moderate version of them! You killed our heroes Gaddafi, Lumumba, and Sankara! You are a massive threat to Africa and Africanism, as our lands aren't your playground.
- Neoliberalism - So all this time, you help corrupt leaders get into power in African countries so that you can get access to all the resources. But when someone who actually cares for the continent goes against your wishes, you send the hitman to kill or overthrow them and repeat the process.
- Zionism - Racist k*ke!
(But thanks for letting us have a child together.)
- Conservatism - You are literally a redneck in moderate clothing.
- Confederalism - SEE? Quit the ¨bUt mUh sTaTe´s rITes!!!¨ bullshit before I'll break New Afrika from your lands.
- National Socialism - HOW DARE YOU MAKE ACCUSATIONS OF MY PEOPLE! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! The Horror on the Rhine was just a nasty excuse of racist propaganda to sterilize blacks! Don't you dare send me to a sterilizing camp again! (I don't know why my brother likes you.)
- White Capitalism - Racist! You’re just them but even worse and capitalist!
- Mobutism - Neocon puppet!
- Ochlocracy - Fuck the KKK!
- Reactionarism - No, I'm returning to the times when I was treated like an object! And no, I don't want to return to times BEFORE I was an object, I am not a tribalist without black conciousness.
- Jim Crow Joe - Racist segregationist!
- Gaullism - Cry and seethe all you want Charles, but remember, we fought for your ass to liberate your homeland. Never forget yet what you did to Guinea!
- Vaushism - Equating my ideology with his? F*** you.
- Leopold II Thought - Racist monarchist! F*** you for what You did to Congo! I will cut off both of your hands in revenge.
- Hutu Power - Stop black infighting! The hate of Tutsi and Hutu was caused by white imperialism! We must work together against it!
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X and Alex Haley
- Huey Newton Talks to The Movement about the Black Panther Party: Cultural Nationalism, SNCC, Liberals and White Revolutionaries by Huey Newton
- Documents of the Black Liberation Army: Documents from the Underground by the BLA
- Black Nationalism
- Marcus Garvey
- Black Power Movement
- Malcolm X
- Black Panther Party
- Revolutionary Action Movement
- Republic of New Afrika
- Black Separatism
- Frantz Fanon
- Black Liberation Army
Credit: u/oRange_PCB, Source
ru:Негрианство <comments />