Not to be confused with Autocracy and Autarky
Autarchism is an individualist, libertarian ideology that advocates for the abolition of any attempt to rule over another individual. Autarchism believes each individual should rule themselves, or self-rule. Any system the individual is a part of must be voluntary. Autarchism promotes the philosophical ideals of individualism and moral self-reliance.
The first self-proclaimed Autarchist was Robert LeFevre recognized as such by Murray Rothbard. LeFevre, during a talk with his professor, was told that he might be an Anarchist, who he (and most people) associate not with a voluntary association but rather with a wicked man with bombs. After reading further on the definition of Anarchism, and realizing its traditionally economically left-wing leaning, he founded Autarchism within the stoicism of philosophers such as Zeno, Epicurus and Marcus Aurelius, which he summarized in the "Control Yourself" creed. LeFevre thought that Anarchy is self-contradictory in defending "sparkling and resplendent Individualism" while "advocating some sort of procedure to interfere in the processes of a free market".
Autarchism is based on the assumption that no individual should rule another. LeFevre, its founder, was an adherent of the Austrian School of Economics.
Autarchism believes in individual sovereignty and self-rule, and as such, every individual must consent to anything they take part in, including their association with any other individual. Autarchists believe all individuals should have freedom of travel and freedom of association.
Traditional, Left and Post-Left Anarchists don't tolerate Capitalism and land ownership. Anarcho-Capitalism, Agorists and Voluntaryists insist on using a system of private property. An Autarchist may choose to join either group, commune, or system, as long as it respects all other individuals who partake in a different form of societal organization.
Personality and Behaviour
Autarchism can be allied with most libertarians or anarchists against the ruling class but is usually a peaceful loner who prefers to keep to itself alone. If it involves taking out the state, Autarchism is down and ready!
How To Draw
- Draw a ball
- Draw a black line in it and fill one side with it
- Fill the other side with this shade of blue
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
|Hippie Blue||#5B8DB4||91, 141, 180|
|Mine Shaft Black||#232323||35, 35, 35|
- Anarchism - A good friend and fellow anti-statist. I also love all her children!
- Anarcho-Individualism - My anarchist counterpart focuses on a broader approach.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - My preferred economic system. It would be great to see you utilize my ideas more.
- Anarcho-Pacifism - Based anarchist.
- MGTOW - I like your lifestyle philosophy.
- Anarcho-Totalitarianism - I am my own oppressor.
- Panarchism - You really get me!
- Austrian School - The school of individual liberty intellectuals.
- Molyneuxism - One of the greatest modern philosophers.
- Anarcho-Egoism - I appreciate the commitment to individualism, but being amoral is a hard pass.
- Urbism - Too moderate, split each individual.
- Avaritionism - Too extreme! Can you calm down, buddy?
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Same as Avaritionism, atomization and violence is way too extreme.
- Marxism–Leninism - Collectivist Authoritarian; cringe.
- Fascism - You're a cringe Collectivist Authoritarian, too.
- Authoritarianism - You're not my parent, and even if you were, I'm not going to obey you.
- Totalitarianism - Evil in its purest form.
- Ingsoc - I had a nightmare about you last night.
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - I am NOT a wicked man with bombs. I want a state, that only consists of me.
(Note: All by Robert LeFevre)