This article is about an ideology that rejects politics. For other uses, see Centrism (Disambiguation).
Apoliticism is a non-quadrant ideology whose only defining feature is apathy or antipathy towards politics.
The character's design and mannerisms are a reference to I Just Wanna Grill for God's Sake, a meme poking fun at the apolitical tendency of baby boomers. Other traits derived from the meme include Apoliticism's love of grilling and hatred of racism, shootings, Socialism and KKK .
Apoliticism doesn't have a history. It has existed ever since the beginning of political thought and some would say even before that.
Apoliticism is apathetic or antipathetic towards all political affiliations. He is completely politically neutral and only cares about non-political issues like relationships, cooking, and sometimes religion.
Personality and Behavior
Apoliticism appears in comics as a generally cynical and dim-witted everyman character. He is based on the archetypal American baby boomer, a middle-class man skeptical of societal progress and burdened by an unhappy marriage. He occupies himself with grilling and responds dismissively to politics or political discussion.
He is the only character to have hair, which appears as loose, coiled strands on the top of his head to represent balding. This style of illustrating hair is derived from Polcompball's predecessor Anarchyball, which depicts Anarcho-Capitalism in a similar state of hair loss.
How to Draw
Apoliticism's design is based on the "I just want to grill" guy, with coils of hair representing him balding.
- Draw a ball
- Color the ball white (the most neutral color)
- Add several black coil-shaped strands of hair to the top of the ball,
- Draw the eyes, and you're done!
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
- Radical Apoliticism - Those were some unusual (but still good) tasting steaks at Barbara's last week, what did you make it out of?
- Religious Rejectionism - My religious child, who (depending on his faith and what I grill), may or may not come for steaks.
- Moderatism - Basically me, albeit still interested in politics.
- Horseshoe Centrism - Between you and me, I don't see any dang difference between those Democrats and Republicans either.
- Gerontocracy - Hey dad, are you cleaning your dentures with my grill brush again? No? Okay, then.
- Satirism - I like watching clowns.
- Kakistocracy - What a lovely child! Wait, don't scratch my hair!
- Epicureanism - My philosophy. It is better to just live your own life and seek pleasure in simple things (especially grilling) than to get involved in the counterproductive quarreling known as "politics".
- Centrists - Listen here kids, you make a lot of sense, but I don't want to hear any more of your politics!
- Manosphere - I like it when you discuss relationships, women, personal experiences, and self-improvement but please stop speaking about politics and I don't care if some of them benefit masculinity.
- Machiavellianism - You don't care about ideologies, but still want to gain political power, despite all the woes and risks involved. Why?
- Agorism - You are disillusioned with voting and political parties just as much as I am, but you are still too political, radical even.
And I think I am a bit too old for all that counter-economics stuff, too.
- Anarcho-Egoism - Also doesn't like ideology, but also just really, really weird. If grilling pleases your ego then you can join me.
- Anarcho-Nihilism - He hates politics and sees it as a circus, but why do you hate life when you can just enjoy grilling?
- Contrarianism - Will you please stop complaining? It's not my fault your steak is getting cold.
- Transhumanism - This guy has a built-in grill and makes lab-grown meat. But he is sometimes involved in politics as well.
- Any political ideology (especially extremists) - I'm not brave enough for politics.
- Radical Centrism - Centrist, but extremely political. No, I don't care about politics at all. Just leave me alone and stop nagging me to participate in political discourses.
- Radical Democracy - For the last time, I'm NOT VOTING!
- Mediacracy - You seem to report of nothing but racism, shootings, socialism and KKK nowadays!
- Racial Nationalism, Black Nationalism & White Nationalism - Racism and KKK.
- Socialism - No thanks. I just wanna a grill man.
- Illegalism, Combatocracy & Avaritionism - Mass shootings.
- Alt-Right - Another racist who calls us "normies". He needs to get off the internet and become a normal person like me. He is become very hateful, because of politics. Moreover, he made death threats against us, and therefore we must call the police.
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Another extremist who makes death threats against us and we may need to call the police if necessary. We are against being politically involved. We would rather just enjoy living our lives.
- State Liberalism - Oh come on! I just wanna grill for god's sake! Stop calling me a crypto-fascist!
- Jihadism - *holds his phone* Hello 911? A terrorist is about to kill me because he thought I was cooking pork!
- Soulism - Quit those drugs, forget about fantasy esoteric and sci-fi transhumanist nonsense, be more realistic, and please go outside and touch some grass.
- Esoteric Fascism - Are you that nutcase that made me stop watching the History Channel at night?
- Posadism - Why are you carrying that weird huge thing? Are you... *Obliterated by nuclear blast*
- Technocracy - Snobbish prick that hates and calls me a "incompetent plebeian". At least he is not involving me in politics.
- My wife - God I hate her so much.
- Any book unrelated to politics
- The Ultimate Guide to Grilling: How to Grill Just About Everything by Rick Browne
- Political Ignorance is Bliss by Christopher Freiman
- Why politics make us mean and stupid by John Noonan/TEDx talks
Credit: u/TheLegend2T, Source
Credit: u/TheLegend2T, Source
Credit: u/ThePosadist, Source
Credit: u/OzymandiasFR, Source