Not to be confused with Misanthropy
Anti-Humanism a philispohical theory that is critical of traditional Humanism. Central to antihumanism is the view that philosophical anthropology and its concepts of "human nature", "human condition", "man", "humanity", "vitality", and "agency", etc should be rejected as historically relative, ideological or metaphysical. What it means by the statement, is that while humanists believe in objective truth about human nature, Antihumanism seeks to deconstruct the meaning behind "nature". This is not meant to be associated with Misanthropy, which sees the existence of human beings as undesirable.
Anti-Humanists such as Freud and Heidegger, for example, believe humanism takes the ideas of "metaphysics" or "rationality " and perverts them, which discredits those concepts of philosophy. Others such as Althusser, see Humanism as a false concept to justify elitist oppression by claiming property rights are human rights.
Anti-Humanism is accredited in a large part to Max Stirner and Friedrich Nietzsche, in "The Ego And It's Own" (Stirner), and "Genealogy Of Morals" (Nietzsche). Many Anti-Humanists also believe that mature Marx was not a "humanist", as he believed that "humanism" was an unreal abstraction that masks conflicts between antagonistic classes; since human rights are abstract, the justice and equality they protect are also abstract, permitting extreme inequalities in reality.
Personality and Behaviour
Existentialist and subjective of humanity, likes reading Heldigger and complains about idealism. Hangs out with Post-Humanism and Primalism. HATES being called a misanthrope and refuses to associate himself with the VHEMT.
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Fill the ball with black
- Draw a red humanism symbol in the center
- Draw a thick black line through the middle of the ball
- Add the eyes, and you're done!
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Red||#EC1B23||236, 27, 35|
- Post-Structuralism - Deconstruction of humanity.
- Anarcho-Egoism - "If God has tormented us, the “human being” is capable of pressing on us more agonizingly."
- Anarcho-Nihilism - Is against the ideas of an "ideal humanity" but for a different reason. We both read Nietzsche and came to different conclusions.
- Deep Ecology - At least you believe that humans are equal to animals.
- Marxism - You used to be a humanist, but you now realize human rights are false concepts and that humanism is a lie projected by the upper class. Although you were not aware that you criticized humanism.
- Humanism - HUMAN NATURE DOES. NOT. EXIST. "Human nature" isn't objective because that's just as artificial as everything else defined as "human".
- Voluntary Human Extinction - I am not a misanthrope, stop confusing us.
- Anthropology and Antihumanism in Imperial Germany by Angela Zimmerman
- Heidegger and French Philosophy: Humanism, Antihumanism and Being by Tom Rockmore