Anarcho-Monarchism, clipped to AnMon, is a theoretical form of government which combines Anarchy with Monarchy.
Anarcho-Monarchism usually leans right-wing in economic and cultural matters (partially because most left-wing anarchists can't stand the concept of Monarchy), but doesn't fundamentally have to be.
There have been quite a few conceptions on how an Anarcho-Monarchist society of which include:
- Anarchy and monarchy as naturally allied - This is one of the simplest notions of Anarcho-Monarchy, which is the belief that the government should primarily control as few people as possible making anarchy the ideal form of governance, with the system most preferable to the rule of none being the rule of one of monarchy. This form of anarcho-monarchism has been most famously advocated by the English writer J.R.R. Tolkien and the German-American Austrian-school economist Hans-Hermann Hoppe.
My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs) – or to ‘unconstitutional’ Monarchy.John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien (29 November 1943)
- Monarchy maintained through anarchy - Effectively a system in which you have a ceremonial monarchy presiding over an anarchy. This form of anarcho-monarchism is very oftenly associated with Emperor Norton who was
the rightful leader of the United States of Americaa self-declared royal in the state of California who was widely respected by the people of San Francisco while not having any legal status as the emperor.
- Monarchic government without a state - This the form conception of anarcho-monarchy created by the self-described reactionary libertarian writer, Insula Qui, on her book on the subject. This approach separates the concepts of government and of the state with the former being a body which sets and enforces rules while the latter being a body which has a territorial monopoly on violence.
In this political order, the state is eliminated, thus creating an anarchy, while governments are generally taken to be monarchical, creating a synthesis of anarchy and monarchy. Typically the monarchy is chosen through an Anarcho-Capitalist system, with the goal that the competitive and voluntary nature of Capitalism would lead to a contractual, meritocratic / aristocratic monarch.
- Article: Black Lilyism
- Anarchy maintained through monarchy - This form of Anarcho-Monarchy is effectively a normal anarchist society except there exists a monarch (or monarchs) who maintain the power to use force to stop the state from forming again.
- Every man a king, every woman a queen - Under this conception the role of absolute leadership is boiled down to the lowest level possible (the individual) creating a society in which quite literally every man is a king and hierarchy is effectively eliminated.
Personality and Behavior
- Arrogant, very defensive of his ideology.
- Flirty around relatives.
- Can be psychopathic if provoked.
- Speaks English using a lot of "high-class" words and is always seen wearing a crown. A fancy Gothic font can also be used for his words.
- Likes J.R.R. Tolkien.
How to Draw
Anarcho-Monarchism's design is based of a flag designed by the reddit user tutwater under the post simply called "Flag of Anarcho-Monarchism".
- Draw a ball,
- Draw a diagonal bicolor of black (bottom) and purple (top),
- In the middle of the ball in white draw the shape of an "A" preferably in Gothic font. You may surround the A in a circle of the same color,
- A guide on how to draw a gothic A may be found here,
- Draw a yellow crown,
And you should be done.
|Black||#141414||20, 20, 20|
|Purple||#7851A9||120, 81, 169|
|White||#FFFFFF||255, 255, 255|
|Yellow||#FFEB3B||255, 235, 59|
- Hoppeanism - Fellow hater of democracy.
- Distributism - Fellow member of the J.R.R. Tolkien fanclub.
- Longism - EVERY MAN A KING BUT NO ONE WEARS A CROWN HAIL THE KINGFISH!
A bit too statist for my tastes ngl
- Libertarian Monarchism - Based, but doesn't truly realize a monarchy doesn't need a state.
- Anarcho-Fascism - Some great ideas and understands me, also he's open to collaborate if I'm against minorities.
- Anarcho-Capitalism - Great system where I can perfectly coexist.
- Neoreactionarism - Fellow member of Professor Hoppe's classroom.
- Black Lilyism - Are ya winning, son?
- Reactionary Libertarianism - I really like your book.
- Panarchism - Voluntary contractual monarchies competing between them is absolutely based.
- Anarcho-Communism - On its own, your system seems to work well, but you appear to dislike monarchs and conservatism. Federico García Lorca was based, thought.
- Anarchism - She dislikes monarchs.
- Feudalism - He doesn't want every man to be a king.
- Constitutional Monarchism - You shouldn't need a piece of paper to have a leader that upholds the people's ideals.
- Iron Front - Look, I also hate Authoritarianism but I also like kings. I am not an oxymoron, okay buddy?
- Soulism - Too utopian, even for anarchist standards.
Hey king! Do you want enjoy a royal lifestyle like musical drug orgies with other kings and queens?
- Imperialism - You drain the coffers of the kingdom.
- Republicanism - Statist and lame.
- Democracy - Fake and gay.
- Jacobinism - I hate you.
- Authoritarian Democracy - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! GO DIE
- Insurrectionary Anarchism - That's NOT what I meant talking about anarchy!
- The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien (29 November 1943) edited by Humphrey Carpenter
- Anarcho-Monarchism by Insula Qui
- Democracy: The God That Failed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe
- Tolkien's Anarcho-Monarchism by David Bentley Hart
- Anarcho-Monarchism - The Details by The Young Monarchist
- Anarcho-Monarchism, Anarcho-Fascism and the Anarch by Benjamin Welton
- Anarcho-NRx: A Case For Neo Reactionary Anarcho-Monarchism by StatelessSovereign
- Organic Right-Wing Social Order by Vincent John
- On Anarcho-Monarchism by W. J. Whitman
- Anarcho-Monarchism: A Collection of Essays by Insula Qui
- Anarcho-Monarchist Minecraft server by ibxtoycat
- An Explanation of Anarcho-Monarchist Distributism by Brett Fawcett
- Anarcho-Monarchism by Tumblar House
- Wacky Ideologies 1 Anarcho Monarchism by Knights of Alternate Histories
- 2b2t's History of Kings by FitMC
- Anarcho-Royalism by Action Francais(video in French)
- The Radical Politics of J.R.R Tolkien by Lauren Southern
- Albert Fairfax
Credit: K-Tech, Source
Credit: u/TheLegend2T, Source
Credit: u/ErinsHere, Source
Credit: u/siddadevil, Source
Credit: u/Robustmegav, Source
Credit: u/Randomperson654, Source