Not to be confused with Dark Enlightenment
The Counter-Enlightenment is a movement that represents a general political view opposed to the ideas of the Enlightenment Thought .
How to Draw
- Draw a ball
- Fill it with dark blue
- Draw a circle in a darker blue
- Draw a circle inside of that circle in a yet darker blue
- Draw another, yet darker, circle inside of that circle
- Inside of that circle, draw a circle darker than the previous one
- Add the eyes and you're done
|Dark Blue||#2C2786||44, 39, 134|
|Darker Blue||#2C2967||44, 41, 103|
|Darkerer Blue||#24224E||36, 34, 78|
|Darkererer Blue||#131236||19, 18, 54|
|Darkerererer Blue||#050429||5, 4, 41|
Romanticism was an artistic, literary, musical, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe towards the end of the 18th century, and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1850. Romanticism was characterized by its emphasis on emotion and individualism, clandestine literature, paganism, idealization of nature, suspicion of science and industrialization, and glorification of the past with a strong preference for the medieval rather than the classical. It was partly a reaction to the Industrial Revolution, the social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment, and the scientific rationalization of nature. It was embodied most strongly in visual arts, music, and literature, but had a major impact on historiography, education, chess, and the social/natural sciences. It had a significant and complex effect on politics, with romantic thinkers influencing conservatism, liberalism, radicalism, and nationalism.
- Reactionaryism - Good son that carries on my work.
- Monarchism - God save the king!
- Feudalism - I shall return thou to thy rightful estate!
- Classical Conservatism - Thou hath the right mindset!
- Christian Theocracy - There shouldn't and shan't be a separation of church and state!
- Reactionary Socialism - The only good socialist.
- Crusadism - DEUS VULT!
- Integralism - VIVA CHRISTO REY!
- Reactionary Liberalism - Uhhh, pardon?
- Neoreactionaryism - So, you are counter-enlightenment too?
- Enlightenment Thought - The true evil of all of history!
- Classical Liberalism - They ruined everything!
- Socialism - Get back to work, peasant!
- Jacobinism - I hope to find your severed jaw and preserve it for future generations to spit on.
- Enlightened Absolutism - Dammit, the absolutists have betrayed me!
- Revolutionary Progressivism - Come now child, I want to demonstrate why the old ways are still best when dealing with the likes of you!
For overlapping political theory see: